November 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Ticker Change 8/21-8/27

1. How far along are you? And how big is baby?

2. Appointments this week?

3. How are you feeling this week?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions

5. GTKY: What was the last movie you saw in theaters? What did you think of it? 

Re: Weekly Ticker Change 8/21-8/27

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    28 weeks ... eggplant .... also 3rd trimester!!!

Regular check up Wednesday then an appointment every 2 weeks.

Good this week .... tired but work is getting busy again.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions
    Rant: I feel like I haven't been bumping alot the last week because faculty come back to work next week and we have been non stop getting ready and it's only going to get more busy. Also I have been going to bed early.

Logan (DH only goes to superhero movies in theater). Logan was so good I didn't think I would like it but it had me crying and everything. I would recommend Logan it was a great movie.
  • Options
    @Abby7 I was on iron until a couple of weeks ago. But since the hematologist did a more specific test than OBs typically do (ferritin) the two offices were pointing fingers and basically telling the other office to take care of retesting and represcribing the medication, so I just went off. I will need to get more bloodwork done soon to determine if I will need help clotting at birth. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    28 weeks, eggplant 

Routine visit today with the glucose test...ick. I am going to feel so sick. 

Woke up with a pain in my abdomen, I think baby was pushing hard somewhere new. Feeling relatively good, except when I forget to take my protonix. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions
    I still have nothing done and 9-12 weeks before his arrival. I did talk to my MIL about a baby shower during vacation but I wonder if that got put on the wayside again. 

I don't really remember. DH tends to go to movies without me or takes DD. DH tells me the last movie I saw was Baby driver when we went to the drive in.  
  • Options
    NYTino24 said:
    @Abby7 I was on iron until a couple of weeks ago. But since the hematologist did a more specific test than OBs typically do (ferritin) the two offices were pointing fingers and basically telling the other office to take care of retesting and represcribing the medication, so I just went off. I will need to get more bloodwork done soon to determine if I will need help clotting at birth. 
    How bad do they think your anemia is, and what is the clotting issue at birth? They have not discussed that particular nuance with me and that doesn't sound very good. I know my sister hemorraged with one of hers and she tends to anemia too, but I never connected the two.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    27 weeks. Size of a bunch of bananas.
    No. But I have 2 next week.
    My back hurts so badly and my ribs hurt every second. 
    4. Rants/Raves/Questions
    I have my baby shower on Saturday!!!!
    we watch movies that aren't in theaters anymore with our clients. We took them to see Storks 2 weeks ago. I don't remember the last actual movie that was in theaters at the time that I saw.
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited August 2017
    @abby7 About 15 years ago, I was diagnosed with mild Type I Von Willebrands, which is a form of hemophilia. My PTT is often prolonged, meaning it takes me longer to clot. I've taken DDAVP / Stimate before surgeries. I was retested when I went off BCP and levels were acceptable, *TW* but they were out of whack during my first pregnancy before I had the MC. Then they were "acceptable" again, but low, in between the two pregnancies. I bled a ton the first cycle after loss and almost had to go to the hospital. */TW* It's weird because typically VWD levels go UP in pregnancy and not down, so I was also tested for antiphospolipid syndrome. My levels were abnormal, but so borderline that I didn't get diagnosed. So now it's kind of in limbo. Two of my sisters have had bleeding issues related to pregnancy / birth also. So my appointment on the 31st should include a repeat test.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24, wow, that is a lot of medical stuff that I only partially understand :). When you go in to deliver, are they going to give you any special meds or in some way be prepped that you could bleed excessively? (since birth already involves way more bleeding than surgery)
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited August 2017
    @Abby7 it typically isn't something that affects my daily life, other than heavy periods and bloody noses when it's hot out or the first week or two the heat comes on. I also don't not scab well and scar / bruise a little more easily. The bad thing is I have type O negative blood and can only have my blood type if I need a transfusion (which I've never needed). I will probably just get some IV medication during and after labor. My twin had ITP only in pregnancy for her fourth pregnancy / second child (two losses in between) and had such low platelets that they almost had to put her out for her CS. My sister who is a year younger carried all four of her kids to term, but had a retained placenta with the last two and hemmoraged pretty badly with both. That's why I'm nervous!

• Options
    27 weeks - Rutabaga 
    Nope
    Ok, the heartburn I've been waiting for has finally started, but I'm on it like white on rice. So far I haven't had any, so I'm worried that she will be bald. With her brothers I had terrible heartburn from 3 weeks on and they both had full heads of dark, thick hair. 
    4. Rants/Raves/Questions
    It isn't my OB's fault, but I'm severely irritated that there is only one OB at my doctor's office at the moment. There were three, but the other two left and their replacements haven't arrived yet. Unless it is something that needs to be seen NOW, it is a 2-3 month wait to see him. One of the OB's who left was a shock, she said nothing, just up and left. The other gave a YEAR's notice and they still didn't bother to fill in the positions.
    I don't remember honestly.

• Options
    29 weeks - three weeks ago he was over two pounds!

Had one on Tuesday and saw him in there and he is busy!
    I'm not to have any sex at all anymore - previa is still complete.
    C will be at 39 weeks.
    I have one on Monday at the hospital to monitor complete previa and fibroid.

Queasy! Possibly the heat but it's not been hot the last couple of days.....

4. Rants/Raves/Questions
    My lifelong body image battle has been a huge challenge for most of pregnancy and it's hitting another peak this week. It's really hard to not hate my body as it gets huge all over. I've been miserable and uncomfortable the whole pregnancy and have def overeaten and gained a lot of weight (I stopped looking at scales years ago). I have a therapist and a loving wife and friends and I exercise some.... my problem is my own head and beating myself up. If anyone has suffered through this, I'd love any tips for coping.

The Big Sick and it was AMAZING.
  • Options
    26 weeks; butternut squash

2. Appointments this week? None

i think I finally caught the 2nd tri energy burst (haha) and have been getting stuff done around the house, nesting, etc. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've gotten 2 decent nights worth of sleep this week.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions

Bad Moms. Hilarious!
  • Options
    @ariasbabyblog I didn't have much heartbearn with my girl and She came out with a full head of dark hair! At 4 years old, her hair is still one of her most distinguishing traits. It just keeps growing and growing!
  • Options
    @mymulligan I'm so jealous of your energy right now!! 
  • Options
    27 weeks. Size of a bunch of bananas.
    No
    Not bad. Lots of heartburn, so the usual.
    4. Rants/Raves/Questions
     My appointments got off schedule by a week when I was on vacation, so my next appointment is at 29 weeks instead of 28 weeks which is really bothering me 

Beauty and the Beast. I really liked it. Plus, it was kind of special since it's DD1's favorite Disney movie so she was really excited (which is rare with her new "everything is lame" 11 year old attitude) and DD2's first movie at the theater. 

• Options
    I'm 29 weeks and the doctor said baby should be around 2 pounds. 
    Yesterday I went in for the 29 week appointment and it was my first every 2 week appointment. 
    Seems like since I got pregnant, cloudy days give me more headaches and aches everywhere. 
    4. Rants/Raves/Questions
    Any of you experience bad joint pain that only happens during pregnancies? My left wrist started hurting few weeks ago and now my right wrist hurts too.  I'm living in wrist braces these days. The pain is so annoying especially in the mornings because my wrists are so stiff and sore. Oh and I just found out I have gestational diabetes. So now I need to make an appointment to go see a dietitian  :s
    It was "Spider-Man: Homecoming." Honestly at first I wanted to go see a different movie but I'm glad I watched it. It was pretty good  :)