May 2018 Moms

Betas

Hi ladies, 

I went in today for my first round of beta testing. Here are my numbers:

hCG: 552
Progesterone: 38

I will go back on Friday to see if hCG is doubling. Feeling ok about the results but still nervous. Anyone else testing? How are your numbers?

Re: Betas

• 13 dpo-347
    just had second round today. Trying to stay hopeful. I have brown spotting which always worries me. 
  • justsuzie said:
    13 dpo-347
    just had second round today. Trying to stay hopeful. I have brown spotting which always worries me. 
    FX for good results. 
    DD is 3 and a new little one on the way! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ella26ella26 member
    edited August 2017
    @justsuzie Have you heard anything?? FX for good results!!!
  • @ella26 No, not yet.  Unfortunately I am all too used to this waiting. Game.  I should get results tomorrow afternoon and if they are doubling normally then ultrasound next week.  If not, then another draw on Monday, Ugh, hate hate hate this limbo. 
  • So far mine have been 234 at 13dpo and 770 at 15dpo. Just got another round today (17dpo) so we'll see.

That 770 is way higher than the max on any chart of averages per dpo I've seen, so I'm really hoping it's not twins! I had two mature follicles and used Ovidrel, but I hadn't gotten pregnant from the previous 6 IUIs with multiple follicles, so they thought my risk of twins would be pretty slim.

I lost my last baby at 20 weeks due to preterm labor, which happens way more often with multiples. Hopefully it's just one big healthy baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So far mine have been 234 at 13dpo and 770 at 15dpo. Just got another round today (17dpo) so we'll see.

That 770 is way higher than the max on any chart of averages per dpo I've seen, so I'm really hoping it's not twins! I had two mature follicles and used Ovidrel, but I hadn't gotten pregnant from the previous 6 IUIs with multiple follicles, so they thought my risk of twins would be pretty slim.

I lost my last baby at 20 weeks due to preterm labor, which happens way more often with multiples. Hopefully it's just one big healthy baby!
    Hoping for one big healthy baby!!
  • I am so so sorry to hear about your loss. When can they do an ultrasound to see if here are two sacks? 

I go in for my second draw around 1 today and should get my numbers between 3-4 I am very nervous. 
  • @justsuzie I hear you!!! I hope you get good numbers!!!!
  • abhphillyabhphilly member
    edited August 2017
    @ella26 First ultrasound is 6 weeks then another at 8 weeks :smile:

Good luck with yours!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Jlr025 those are great numbers, you must be pleased
  • Jlr025Jlr025 member
    edited August 2017
    @ella26 Yes! I was relieved because my urine test at the doctors was negative (after BFP at home) so I was worried 
  • kpaltkpalt member
    edited August 2017
    I go for my betas on Wednesday (12dp5dt) and again Friday (14dp5dt). You girls have some great numbers! Very anxious to see mine!
    Me: 31  SO: 34
    TTC since January 1, 2015.  Together we have three boys who are 4 (mine), 7 (his) and 10 (his).
    CP (July 2015) and M/C @ 5w (Feb. 2016)
    DX Unexplained Secondary Infertility
    3 rounds of Clomid - BFNs  (Nov/Dec '15, May '16)
    2 IUIs - BFNs (May & June '17)
    IVF August 2017 - BFP!!  First Beta - 365

• I had a scheduled RE appointment (for abnormally long cycles) at ~7dpo when I found out I was pregnant.

7 dpo: hCG 12
    9 dpo: hCG 52
    11 dpo: hCG 148

I go in for more hCG and progesterone tests on 18 dpo. My RE wanted me to do an ultrasound then too, but I recently read an article about unnecessary scans and I told them I would wait until 8-10 wks. They were not happy, but I am sticking with I'm comfortable with.
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I just figured out how to see my beta results online because I'm impatient, and hcg was 449 on Wednesday last week! Woohoo! 
  • I had a scheduled RE appointment (for abnormally long cycles) at ~7dpo when I found out I was pregnant.

7 dpo: hCG 12
    9 dpo: hCG 52
    11 dpo: hCG 148

I go in for more hCG and progesterone tests on 18 dpo. My RE wanted me to do an ultrasound then too, but I recently read an article about unnecessary scans and I told them I would wait until 8-10 wks. They were not happy, but I am sticking with I'm comfortable with.
    Do what makes you comfortable (within reason, obviously). And if it makes you feel any more at ease with your decision, the standard of care where I live is no ultrasound until 8 weeks, unless there are concerns.
  • @silverhope I had an early US every week from 5-8 weeks because of history and it actually caused me so much unneeded anxiety. I'm also holding tight until 8 weeks. I hope it's a smooth sail until
    then. 
  • @ella26 congrats on the doubling. 
  • @millette2015 thank you, that is readsuring. I'm going to call an obgyn on Monday to schedule a later scan and see where in the 8 or so wk range he suggests.

@justsuzie I am already such a stressball, so I would be the same with the extra scans. Agreed on the hopeful smooth sailing ahead! And hopefully less anxiety with each passing day :)

• I've had 3 draws so far:

9dpo: 15.2

11dpo: 108

14 dpo (today): 487

I had some dark red blood and cramping yesterday, so I was terrified and expecting the worst today.  I'm getting an early ultrasound (~5.5 weeks) next week to make sure things are OK with the bleeding.

• @esrogers really hope all is fine. Your initial betas look great! GL
  • rowboat4rowboat4 member
    edited August 2017
    I guess I go here now. I had my first draw this afternoon, so I'll probably get my numbers tomorrow. Then another draw on Wednesday to see if the numbers have doubled. 
    ETA I've been having bleeding and cramping since Thursday. I first thought it was implantation bleeding (I had that with my first), but it's lasted more than just a couple days and hasn't lightened up. I still have positive tests, and darker lines, but my OB just wants to play it safe. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @rowboat4 This limbo sucks.  I feel your pain.  Are you getting an early US if your numbers are high enough?
  • justsuzie said:
    @rowboat4 This limbo sucks.  I feel your pain.  Are you getting an early US if your numbers are high enough?
    I'm not sure. I think right now they're just taking it one step at a time. I don't have a history of loss so this is all new for me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @rowboat4 thinking of you <3 keep us posted when you get your results!
  • @jlr025 thanks. I'm trying not to stress about it too much. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @esrogers FX for good news at your scan and next draw!!!
  • @rowboat4 oh that is really stressful. I've heard of that happening and it ending with healthy babies. So hoping for the best outcome!!!
  • @esrogers thinking of you! Hoping your u/s results show everything is okay.  <3

• @rowboat4 I'm glad your OB is playing it safe. Sounds like a wonderful choice in a doctor. And I hope your results show everything is okay  <3