February 2018 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change (8/22)

Thought I'd start it up this morning as I'm at work but not interested in working yet!

If your EDD is 2/6, 2/13, 2/20, or 2/27; this one's for you!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

14 weeks today!  size of a Kiwi

2) How are you feeling?

really good for the most part!  I'm getting out of breath more often, but I feel like my exhaustion is not as bad as last week. 

3) Any appointments this week/ last?

Last week was my 1st trimester screening appointment with U/S where we learned it’s a BOY!  Next appointment is in 2.5 weeks for my 16 week prenatal visit.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

Well, we shared the news about our pregnancy and the gender this past weekend with our families, and my brother and his wife appeared to feign their excitement for us.  I could be over-reacting or reading into it too much, but it's been on my mind.  Everyone else was super happy for us and totally surprised.

5) Are you showing yet?

Not yet, and hopefully not very soon because I am not ready to tell work!

GTKY: What was your favorite toy/activity as a kid, and is it something you want your LO to like as well?

I enjoy going to baseball games, so I’m hoping this LO is a tee-ball or baseball player at some point!

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change (8/22)

• Options

13 weeks, lemon

2) How are you feeling?

Pretty good

Next appointment on the 31st

Nope

5) Are you showing yet?

No, not really.

GTKY: What was your favorite toy/activity as a kid, and is it something you want your LO to like as well?

Sports and being active outdoors.

• Options

14 weeks today!  size of a Peach

2) How are you feeling?

Except for the SI joint pain and occasional headache, I'm feeling really good. 

I had a visit at 12 weeks and not another one until 16 weeks.

Nothing specific I can think of.

5) Are you showing yet?

I don't think so. I am a little chubbier so if anything I probably look like I'm gaining weight.

I played many sports and had a lot of friends who came over to play. I hope DD and this LO make friends easily and enjoy some sports. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

14 weeks. 

2) How are you feeling?

Pretty great. I slept well last night for the first time in weeks. Probably because I worked a 13 hour day, but whatever. 

Next appointment is Monday. I have a feeling it will be uneventful. Haven't seen baby since 8 weeks so I'd LOVE if she'd do an US, but I doubt it. 

Not really a rant or a rave, but I really have no idea what I'm doing in terms of preparing for this baby. I'm the oldest in my family, none of my friends have children, and I've held a baby like twice in my life. I'm a little out of my league here. 

5) Are you showing yet?

Ish. Its mostly bloat, but its round and I can't hide it as the day goes on, so I've embraced my bloat bump. 

I loved to be read to and to read to my parents. I still love to read and I hope to bring my little one up to love it as well. I also am really looking forward to little league sports. :) 

• Options

16 weeks; baby is the size of an avacado.

2) How are you feeling?

Feeling pretty good. Definitely hormonal and having RLP but otherwise, things are good.

Nope. Next appointment is next week.

Nothing I can think of.

5) Are you showing yet?

Yes! I finally have a visible bump!

My family camped a lot and did simple vacations together. Those are some of my best childhood memories and something I definitely want to continue with my LO

• Options
    edited August 2017

13 weeks- size of  a lemon.

eta my ticker says peach....app says lemon...so I guess it could be either haha

2) How are you feeling?

really good for the most part!  A few cramps here and there but nothing crazy! 

I had my first trimester screen last week- it was good and everything looks normal!! Next appointment is a paid ultrasound next week to determine gender hopefully!

My only "rant" is family who apparently had nothing better to do for the last 12 weeks then look at my pinterest and literally responded to our pregnancy news with "Yea we know"....

5) Are you showing yet?

I don't think so....we're taking a first trimester bump pic later so maybe I'll notice it more on camera versus the pics from 5 weeks!

American Girl dolls and books!! I kept all my old ones in my closet so hopefully either this baby or the next (depending on gender obv) will like them!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

13 Weeks--Lemon? 

2) How are you feeling?

Starting to feel good--just lots of lower back pain.  I may talk to my doctor about that tomorrow to see if there are any stretches or anything I can do.  

Tomorrow--2 week followup to see if the SCH is getting smaller (fingers crossed!)

I just really want a good ultrasound tomorrow--I am not sure at what point at SCH becomes worrisome?  

5) Are you showing yet?

I am fluffy--I have a belly, it is rounded (especially in maternity pants)--so I will rock the chubby girl bloat bump. 

We are big Cardinals Fans and season ticket holders--so I want my kid to love the Cards as much as I do! 

• Options

15 weeks, Orange 

2) How are you feeling?

hungry and tired with waves of nausea

Next week

5) Are you showing yet?

Yes, this is my third and the earliest I can remember having a little bump already

Being outdoors and playing: hiking, beach, sports... 

• Options
    @magnolia305 Are you in St Louis? I went to school there! I guess you could mean NFL, but there is nothing like Stl Card fans! GL at appointment tomorrow! 
  • Options
    @PeachGal23 Yay for great results and learning its a boy! We're having a boy too and are thrilled. 

@magnolia305 Let us know how the appointment goes! 

• Options
    @ash0625 I was in your shoes with my first, i.e. feeling like I had no idea what I was doing!  I had barely held a baby before (never was comfortable doing so before my own) and hadn't changed a diaper.  It's pretty amazing how quickly your instincts turn on and guide you, but not to say there won't be moments where you'll have no idea what is going on... even the most experienced moms have those!

• Options
    @ramzlau I am near St. Louis--I have always been a HUGE Cardinals Fan--when I married my husband, he actually made a joke at our wedding that he wasn't sure if I married him for love or for his season tickets  :D

Thanks for the well wishes on my appointment today girls--my anxiety is in full swing.  I'll keep you updated! 
  • Options

If your EDD is 2/6, 2/13, 2/20, or 2/27; this one's for you!

14 weeks today!  Size of a peach.

2) How are you feeling?

really good for the most part!  My whole abdomen feels stretched and full after a meal!

not until 9/11/17

Not really, everyone is very excited for our gender "reveal" I just made a cute graphic and posted it to Facebook. My grandmother told me she was happy for us having a boy but boy clothes were boring. Thanks, GRANDMA.

5) Are you showing yet?

Yeah, little bit more!

I really enjoyed reading and so did DH so I'm sure this little man will too!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

14 weeks (few days late posting!) - baby is the size of a donut

2) How are you feeling?

Not bad - nausea is letting up a little, but I am becoming a black hole for food. Just constantly snacking.

Nothing until September.

Any other FTM overwhelmed by creating a baby registry? I know it's probably a little early to be looking, but there is just so much stuff!!

5) Are you showing yet?

Some days I look like I a have a small bump, but I think to most people I just look a bloated. I think I might have to break down and try on some maternity pants within the next few weeks. 

I LOVED camping as a kid. I can't wait to take my LO camping and hiking. 

• Options

16wks an avocado 

2) How are you feeling?

Great for the most part :) FINALLY  

next one is Monday.  That should be a boring uneventful routine visit. 

its a BOY. Super excited. Late to the post bc of our beach vacation. It was fun to  see it through our kids eyes. DD's first time and DS's  first basically… He was really little the first time. 

5) Are you showing yet?

Yes.  It's definitely baby… But I still feel like I just look bloated.  I have very few of regular clothes that still fit.

Vacations and family time is what I'm all about. Beach, Disney, historic places, nature,  holidays.... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. 16w, Action figure

2. Can't sleep. It sucks

3. Had one this week. It was fine. But I'm probably looking at a RCS. 

4. Meh. Nope. 

5. My tech that did the blood draw today said I wasn't. But other people say I am. I say I just eat too much. 

GTKY: I can't really think of anything in particular. I just don't want my baby to be a whiny little brat that crys for a tiny bump...tears drive me nuts. 
  • Options

Any other FTM overwhelmed by creating a baby registry? I know it's probably a little early to be looking, but there is just so much stuff!!

Oh yes. I have no idea when or where to start. I don't know what I need. I thought maybe I'd just wait to buy anything until after showers are done, but then I remembered I had to register for those. 
  • Options
    @ash0625 I'm so glad I'm not alone! And it seems like everyplace I look has a different list of "items you can't live without"... my house isn't that big! Lol
  • Options
    @sugarcoateddonut and @ash0625: I recommended taking a trusted friend or relative who had a baby in the past couple years with you to register in-person at one of the big box stores (BRU, Target, BBB, etc). They can give great insight on what is/ isn't needed/ what worked well/ didn't work for them, what they wish they had. Of course all babies are different, but it's a good start. I also found the Baby Bargains book to be helpful during my first pregnancy. It'll become less overwhelming sooner or later!

• Options
    @sugarcoateddonut and @ash0625 I'd echo @PeachGal23 aside from input from trusted friends and family I also used the BabyBargain book for ideas when creating my registry. 
  • Options
    Amazon gives you an easy to follow list and potential options for each item on the list.