Illinois Babies

Osteopathic Pediatrician Recommendation?

Greetings Mamas! I'm wondering if anyone has any osteopathic pediatrician recommendations? We live in the city of Chicago and my 4 month old has been seeing residents and supervising pediatricians within the University of Chicago network. While I would like to continue there because the location is so convenient, I don't love the rotating door of physicians and most importantly, they do not respect my decision to hold off on vaccinating my child until she is older. I've been appalled by the fear mongering and judgement I've encountered during our last two visits--even though I am open to her being vaccinated I feel strongly that I do not want her receiving so many at one time and at such a young age. I'm a stay-at-home mom and thus, my husband and I are her primary care providers--we stress wellness and hygiene in our home and it would be nice to have a pediatrician who respects our decision and is committed to supporting the overall health and well being of our child even if he/or she doesn't necessarily agree with our decision to not vaccinate accordingly to the recommended schedule. Sorry for the rant--I'm open to all recommendations. We basically just want a great pediatrician (doesn't necessarily have to be osteopathic) who has experience with parents like myself and who possesses the critical thinking skills to know that the American Pediatric Association and CDC are not the only reputable authorities on medicine. Thanks in advance for your consideration!

Re: Osteopathic Pediatrician Recommendation?

• I don't know of any docs in the city that are respectful of parental rights to choose but I do know of one in Yorkville if you end up desperate to find someone. Good for you for not allowing a doctor to scare you into changing your mind. Only YOU know what's best for your baby.