Pregnant after IF

Randoms- Week of August 21

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears? Spill them here!

This is a good place to ask questions to a broader audience than the weekly trimester check-ins so those with experience can chime in!

Happy total eclipse day, everyone! Be safe!
***TW***
DH & I both 34.
8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
2/20: FET = BFN :(
4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

Re: Randoms- Week of August 21

• Anyone dying their hair while pregnant? My OB said the later you wait the better, but second trimester is fine, as long as you're in a well ventilated area and don't use ammonia etc. My roots are starting to look bad (to me at least) but I'm still wondering about the safety of it.
    TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kaseycoco I did with both pregnancies, I mentioned it to my stylist and he was just more cautious using foil to avoid as much on my scalp etc. My doc and hair stylist weren't concerned 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kaseycoco  I waited til after the end of the first tri just because I couldn't nail down a date with my stylist, but honestly, most dyes are pretty safe these days as long as you're not bleaching and you're in a well-ventilated salon.  I have several good friends who are hairstylists and who've had kids in the last couple years, they're up to their elbows in hair dye day in and day out. Both stopped doing the keratin treatments while they were pregnant (apparently those fumes are pretty noxious even when you're not pregnant) and were careful about what kind of dyes they used, but other than that, they had to work, and their kids are fine.  I mean, I wouldn't go dyeing with ammonia based color in your enclosed bathroom every week or anything, but I just don't feel like a salon dye job once or twice over the course of a pregnancy is really going to be that dangerous.
  • Thanks @Polythene Pam and @sasha29-2 , it's good to hear about the hairstylists too. I'm sure even if some gets on my scalp for a total of 30 minutes for my whole pregnancy it's not something to be too concerned about. What can I say, I'm a worrier!
    TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker