December 2017 Moms

Symptoms, Questions, Concerns 8/21-8/27

how's everyone feeling?

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
       Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
       Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Symptoms, Questions, Concerns 8/21-8/27

• The heartburn. Oh the heartburn. I started taking a daily Prevacid because I was waking up at all hours of the night even with a Zantac twice a day. Hoping it helps. Also joints are loosie goosie. If I put my weight on just one foot I swear I can feel my pelvis come apart. 

• Still burning nipples, heartburn, cramps- like leg and toe, round ligament pain, baby on my bladder gotta pee 900 times, itchy boobs and c section scar,  winded more easily, starting to have swelling in my feet and a little in my hands by the end of the day,  and kicks (kicks are my favorite). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @brittyclem  for real, i feel like my pelvis is going to crack at any moment. it's bizarre. i didn't have this the first time around. to be fair, i was also a total slug and spent as much time laying on the couch as possible. this time i am exercising like crazy but it's definitely starting to take a toll...womp

• @anewadventure @brittyclem I am also having hip/pelvic issues I didn't have the first time around. Luckily it is not every day (so far) but sometimes it is pretty hard to walk! Not loving that. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Realizing that I'm going to have to either start wearing shoes I can just slip on/enlist DH's help putting my shoes on sooner than later. I am still physically able to bend down and do it, but it doesn't feel very comfortable.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • I decided to do my 1hr glucose screen yesterday because I wasn't getting anything done at work, and because I only had to fast/not-eat for 2 hours before, and because it's getting harder to carve out pieces of time for these things and there's only more appointments coming.  Since it was not terribly planned, I was not careful about what I'd eaten for lunch. So, of course, I failed. (Not by much!)  So I'll be finding time for the 3 hr soon. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • blueskies17blueskies17 member
    edited August 2017
    @MJDsquared I'm obsessed with sneakers and plan to get a few pairs of these no tie laces to avoid buying new shoes when I'm too big to tie my laces. https://amzn.to/2x8MKid

I have a pair already and they make it super easy to slip sneakers on and off on a looser setting. And they come in fun colors! 

• @blueskies17 Oh that's smart! I have a ton of sneakers so I might have to get some of those!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @anewadventure  I am definitely having a "lay around like a slug" pregnancy.  Maybe next time DH gives me crap about it I can tell him "yeah, but at least I'm not having pelvic pain!"   :D
  • @kyrwyn  that sucks! it's the irony of it, too, since you now have to spend three freaking hours on the new test. 

@elcd458  LOL. i do think it's common to be a slug the first time around (i'm good-naturedly joking when i say this, i'm not judging, this was literally me) and also common to be more gung ho about exercising in subsequent pregnancies. and, DH is just plain not allowed to give you crap. he's not growing a new human. kthanksbai

• @kyrwyn Darn that stinks. I think I have mine coming up soon, how would you have 'prepared' if you had the time? Just reduced your sugar/carb intake a few days before? I think I would cry if I had GD and couldn't have ice cream or milkshakes.... 
    BabyFetus Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @anewadventure Tell me about it! I'm also not an easy stick for the phlebotomists. (4 tries yesterday for one draw). I'm gonna come out of the 3hr like a pincushion. 

@anewadventure @brittyclem @cait5413 I feel like my hips get stuck if I sit too long or stand too long in the same position. Is this similar to what you're feeling?  It's like they just can't quite get back into alignment and walking hurts like something's pinched.  It usually resets after I sleep to something more tolerable.  As long as I keep moving every so often, I'm more or less okay.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @abcola I would have skipped the brownie from the break room at lunch, for starters.   :D  I pretty much ate worse yesterday than I usually do and only barely failed, so I'm more mad at myself than anything else.  If I were the planning sort (which I usually am) I would have eaten more protein and less refined carbs/sugar.  I plan on being mindful of what sort of snacking I'm doing, and choosing protein rich things instead of sweets, the day before my 3 hr -- which is what I try to do when I'm being mindful about eating to begin with.  But brownies, they are clearly my downfall.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @kyrwyn ! I'm a planner too and also have a massive sweet tooth. I guess it's not good to want to 'cheat' the test, but if cutting down on sweets the day before might help then I'm definitely going to try to do that. (Fingers crossed they don't surprise me with the test tomorrow... yikes) 
  • @kyrwyn Oh no! Is there any way you can explain that your eating habits that day were abnormal and beg them to let you re-take the 1 hour? I know that's not "how it's done", but would it be worth a shot to try since you barely failed? (I'm asking as much for you as for me, as I'm dreading my late-afternoon test and curious as to what kind of wiggle room they give you, or if it's truly a one-shot deal.)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @djd0404 My OB is a sort of by-the-books no deviations kind of guy.  So I'm guessing that'll be a no.  An OB that believes in wiggle room might give you more grace!  Besides, if I tell him I ate crappy that day he'll just remind me that I'm supposed to eat well every day not just on testing days... so... maybe getting stabbed repeatedly by the phlebo is less irritating (to me) than the lecture. ;) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Kyrwyn it sounds similar. Mine is like any unusual stress makes it feel like it's pulled out of alignment. It usually takes a couple of mins to readjust but it snaps back pretty easy. I just have to avoid leaning or putting most of my weight on one foot which I didn't realize was a thing I did a lot. At my appt yesterday, the OB was measuring my fundal height and she touched my pubic symphisis and I was like "geez that does not feel great." She told me my pelvis is becoming more dynamic (her words, not mine, I would choose something more harsh and less happy sounding.) And says it's going to get worse before it gets better.  
  • @anewadventure In his defense, it's my own fault he gives me crap about it.  I'm definitely a stereotype when it comes to being noticeably overweight-but-not-confident-nor-plus-size-enough-to-embrace-it, so prepregnancy me constantly whined about my appearance and was notorious for high hopes/motivation followed by eventual lackluster showings at the local gym and fitness studios.  When I found out I was pregnant and still hadn't lost those perpetual pesky 20 lbs, I figured that was the end of my quest to ever look hot in a bikini  :D  I think he's just trying to remind me not to be complacent if it truly makes me unhappy.  Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit, hahaha
  • Does anyone else get really hot feet? Is that even a symptom?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kyrwyn For me, when it's happening, it usually lasts all afternoon or all day, which then prompts me to wear my support belt and it gets better in a day or two. The first time was the day after a pretty rigorous water aerobics class, so I thought that might have been something to do with it. It's also happened on days I've been home with DD and she wants to be picked up/carried a lot, so for me I think it is more certain activities and not sitting that's the problem, but I am not completely sure. It's kind of achy and kind of like my legs don't fit in the sockets right anymore or something--sitting is fine. It's when I try to walk that it hurts. Luckily it seems to be just every once in a while. I'm hoping it doesn't get too much worse as the pregnancy progresses because I do know some women who truly have issues can get to the point where they can't really walk, and I don't want that to happen (Obvs)! I was surprised it started happening so early, though, because I didn't really have this problem at all last pregnancy, so I figured if it was going to happen it would be when I was further along. I'm nearly 23 weeks now, and this has been happening sporadically for a while. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • @jackiesmom324 I'm becoming more tired as well. Some days it feels like I've taken a sleeping pill! By the end of my 12 hr shift I feel like I can barely walk - sore feet, sore back, overall exhausted. Maybe it's time for me to invest in some really comfy and supportive shoes. 
    Me: 30 DH: 28
    Married: Nov 2015

Team Pink!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh my gosh the sore feet! I work in an extremely busy medical office (luckily only three days a week) and it's seriously kicking my rear. Days after I've worked my feet absolutely ache and feel like their bruised! 
  • Anybody getting bad gas pains? I haven't had much problems with gas over the last few weeks but was hit with bad gas pain overnight. I woke up to go to the bathroom and it was so uncomfortable to walk. I went back to bed and woke up a couple of hours later and had the same thing happen. TMI After going #2 it seems to have gone away completely. I hope this is not a new and regular symptom  :s
  • @jackiesmom324 Yes!! though for me it's hot and cold. Most days (like yesterday), I'm yawning nonstop and feeling overwhelmed with fatigue by noon... I definitely feel like I could easily sleep all day. But then on some days (and these are much more rare), it's like I'm stuck in fast-forward and have all this energy, so I can't sit still and end up getting a ton of stuff done around the house. I wish those days were more common because at this point they're just confusing (and leave my back aching for a week).
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @maddilatti @kater622 if you don't already, get some compression socks! they really help with the foot pain!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @jackiesmom324 I've been wondering the same thing about the fatigue. I felt great for a couple of weeks, but lately I've been so tired. 
  • @jackiesmom324 We have the same due date, right? I'm feeling the fatigue lately too.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • I've got my 3 hour scheduled for tomorrow. FX it goes better than expected. :)  

I also felt the fatigue start to creep back in again around 23 weeks.  It's been a little better this week (25), so I am hoping I can chalk it up to a growth spurt or something. I'm not ready to go back into zombie mode again.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jackiesmom324 I am also at 22 weeks and have been feeling fatigue for the last few days. At first I thought maybe I did not sleep enough. I made sure to sleep a little extra on the weekend and still feel tired. 
  • Is anyone else anemic? I did my one hour glucose test on Monday and got a call - I assumed it was that I failed, but it turns out that I'm anemic enough to need prescription iron pills. I guess it explains why I have been so freaking tired lately!
  • I'm not really fatigued but I am tired. Started work back August 1 and I'm exhausted by night time. Makes me worry about teaching up until I have her. With DD, I was on summer break from 30-38 weeks and had her the day before school started back. I was lazy and laid around all summer. It's gonna be harder than I thought. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think there's got to be some sort of growth spurt around 22 weeks, because I felt super tired and gained 5 lbs in a week... And I've plateaued and feel way better at 24 weeks!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @kvacmak I sure hope your plateau theory is right. I've gained more weight this week and am starting to worry a bit.... 
    I'm now starting to have swollen feet and ankles so am looking for some good support shoes. I want to try to reduce any permanent feet stretching... 
  • oldersisoldersis member
    edited August 2017
    I am going with this growth spurt theory. I am 24 weeks and gained 6 pounds since my last visit with my midwife. Up until then I had been at the very bottom of the weekly weight change calculator.

@kvacmak I saw a pelvic floor PT. She was really great. We're going to meet a couple of times before delivery and again after. Im
  • @oldersis I'm slightly anemic and have been taking iron supplements for years prior to getting pregnant. I think it's pretty well controlled as long as I take the iron. Iron pills are harsh on your stomach and can cause acid reflux and constipation (as if we need help in that department). Maybe you could see if your doctor would let you take a raw iron supplement which is easier on your intestines. I take a liquid raw iron called Flora/Floradix and it does not cause constipation, but not sure about the reflux because I already had that issue anyway. Good luck! 
  • I can feel and see a little bulge in my lower right abdomen. Baby is kicking up by my belly button, so i have no idea what this bulge is. It is sort of freaking me out. I wish I had a transparent belly so that I could just see everything going on and not worry about stupid little things like this. I need to get groceries, so I guess it's time to ignore symtom #23402 and just get on with life!
  • @kvacmak I agree. I was starving around the 22 weeks mark. I have gained 7lbs this month. My jaw about hit the floor when he told me that today. Idk. I'm still hungry but not like I was. 
    Pregnancy Ticker