July 2017 Moms
Options

PP Symptoms Thread

I figured that we do not need symptoms as a weekly thread at this point, but still thought we might check in. 

How are you feeling physically? How are you feeling mentally? What is getting back to normal? In what ways are you still healing/recovering?   What has been most helpful for you during this process?

Re: PP Symptoms Thread

• Options
    Physically I feel fine. I am 5.5 weeks PP. Mentally, I am drained and emotional. I go to the doctor on Thursday for my 6 week PP check up. I think I'm doing pretty well though. 

I think emotionally, this time around is much more difficult than with DS1. I think that's probably just because it is not easy going from 1 to 2 and since DS1 just started kindergarten, I am
    habing to get/develop new routines for all of us at the same time
  • Options
    I'm 4.5 weeks PP and my vag still really stings whenever I use toilet paper and ESPECIALLY when I get soap down there in the shower. So uncomfortable. My 6 week appt is on the 30th so hopefully I'll feel better down there by then or that appt will suck! 

I sleep so so much more now than I did when I was pregnant so I feel great there but you're right- going from 1 kid to 2 has been so hard to adjust to but it's definitely getting easier. I'm surprised I haven't had any 'baby blues' no crying or anything which is different from when I had DS. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited August 2017
    no one told me pooping hurts after a c section.... I also feel like my sense of needing to go has dulled. I don't really know when I have to pee or poo.. 

I have a few days where I feel great and a few days where my body aches all over, my knees particularly. I'm thinking breast feeding is maybe making my bones hurt? 

Overall Im quite content with my post partum situation thank God! 
  • Options
    I'm actually doing pretty well, too. I don't have my appointment until the 31st, almost 7 weeks PP, but I am fairly confident that I will be given the all clear. My biggest problem is my tailbone, which may or may not be related. Ever since I gave birth, any time I am sitting on a hard surface for any length of time, and I stand up, my tailbone hurts really bad for a few seconds. It is fine while I am sitting, but the actual act of getting up makes me cry out sometimes. If that is the worst PP symptom, though, I am happy.
  • Options
    I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would be at this point too. I had really bad hemorrhoids even with very little pushing. They were extremely painful and uncomfortable the first week but got better quicker than I thought. 

I have a PP appt at 4 weeks. Question: did you guys bring your LO with you? What did you do with them during the appt? My H can't come with me. 
  • Options
    @CPR79 - My H was able to watch baby for me, but one of my friends said that a lot of women (herself included) take their babies with them. 
  • Options
    @CPR79 I actually had all 4 of mine with me since DH had to work and my mom couldn't watch them. Granted I'm a section momma so no checking down there, just my incision. Baby stayed in his car seat in view while my other 3 played on their tablets(I know bad mom lol). The nurses at my dr office likes meeting the new babies too lol.

My recovery is going well.More nerve pain this time around so still taking 600mg ibuprofen. Not used to still having this much pain almost 4 wks pp. Guessing it's related to my tubal plus dr repairing my abs. Go back in 2 1/2 weeks for 6 wk and hopefully will be off pain meds by then.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @CPR79 - My H was able to watch baby for me, but one of my friends said that a lot of women (herself included) take their babies with them. 
    Yeah when I was pregnant I always saw a lot of moms with their LOs in the waiting room, just wasn't sure how the logistics worked in the room! Especially with pelvic exams. 

My my midwife is pretty responsive to mychart messages, I should just ask!
  • Options
    I held DD1 on my chest during my pelvic 2 years ago. Will probably have to do the same with this screamer. Thankfully DD1 is in daycare. Everything feels fine in the nether regions just bleeding off and on when I poop from a nasty hemorrhoid. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    I took DD with me to my PP checkup. I'll be taking DS too. This one should be interesting too because I have an US scheduled for my cyst. Hopefully he cooperates. 

I'm feeling better than anticipated. I haven't had any baby blues or anxiety, which is welcome because I had PPA pretty bad last time. I'm still tender down there, but it's getting better every day. Now if I can get the clots and bleeding to stop... 
  • Options
    stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited August 2017
    **STUCK IN BOX**

Physically, I'm getting there. I'm 5w PP and feel that I might even be ready for sex but I'm going to wait until my check up to get the OK from the Dr. And mostly because... I usually check on my incision after every shower (episiotomy) and noticed a lump. My Dr checked it out and went to use some silver nitrate on it but then suspected I was getting an infection of some kind so she put me on antibiotics. I guess we were right (I suspected infection as soon as I felt it) because it's gone. But antibiotics kill good bacteria as much as bad and despite the pharmacist telling me to take probiotics, he didn't tell me not to take them at the same time as the antibiotics so here I am with a yeast infection (he said this would happen if I didn't take the probiotics) So that all really sucks after having your vag cut open and birthing a baby LOL! Otherwise, I'm feeling great. 

Mentally... I had really bad anxiety the first day or 2 but it subsided thankfully. I wasn't anxious at all about being a FTM, it was just my GAD and all the hormones. Definitely had the blues for probably about 2 weeks although most of the tears I cried were happy tears or ridiculous tears like crying at songs on the radio :D And then other days I bawled because I was so tired and getting used to this little tiny human. BF has been a struggle but we are still keeping on :)  Now I'm a bit frustrated with my DH. He was pretty amazing the week he was home with us but has been not nearly as helpful since then as I thought he would be, so that's a struggle. Otherwise, Aanya is a pretty good baby so I don't have a lot of complaints. I'm tired but not nearly as tired as I though I would be. I try to get out as much as possible to not go stir crazy. I think I'll be comfortable starting to go to some baby groups soon and taking some small road trips to visit all my friends who had kids around the same time. 

The thing I'm struggling with the most is not having a few solid hours at a time to get stuff done. Between nursing, napping, hanging out with LO when she's awake, I only really get an hour at a time. I'm type A so I can't stand my house being in disarray and leaving it has been hard for me. I often find myself running around in the hour before DH has to go to bed (he's up super early, like 4am) or even after if both him and LO are asleep. This is any time after 9pm. Lately I've wanted to finish up some projects but again, baby attached to me. That's probably the hardest adjustment for me. Otherwise, our LO has fit into our lives so seemlessly and I'm ridiculously in love with her. (Sorry for the book!) 

ETA: @BusyZee my knees are really bad too! I do suffer from patellofemoral syndrome but it's not that kind of pain. I totally feel you though. I crouch and feel like I can't get back up. I legit feel like an old lady! 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    @NutellaToast aww...that's beautiful!! Sounds like you'll have a great story to share with baby girl!  
  • Options
    @NutellaToast my chiropractor fixed my tail bone issues but had advised me to sit on a donut pillow for a few weeks if the adjustment didn't work. I'm a chiropractor proselytizer, lol.

Don't settle for being in pain!! Just because the medical community tends to ignore our PP issues doesn't mean we don't deserve better. I hope you feel better soon!  @BusyZee

@CPR79 I held LO during my pelvic exam and my OB said most women bring their babies. I hated holding her during my bloodwork because of my needle phobia... but I am in a city so no car seat, and it wasn't possible to bring the stroller. Woof.
  • Options
    Honestly I feel kinda awful mostly but really trying to be a trouper and keep at it with the nursing, pumping, chores and giving attention to DD1. I feel drained, my nipples hurt, my back hurts, I'm so hungry and sometimes I'm so drowsy and I just doze off with DD2 in my arms while sitting up and it scares me. I cry once or twice a week because I'm just so depleted and I think the worst part is how humid it is out here. I'm all water and I gross myself out. Sorry for being a complainer.... I needed to vent. I'm really putting a brave face all day and trying to be upbeat and calm but inside I'm not. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @plumpous Please don't apologize. You need to be able to express your unhappiness, even if it is only to s bunch of internet strangers. If you do not have an outlet, it will cause worse problems in the future. I don't have any real advice, but know that I am thinking of you. I know things will get better.
  • Options
    @plumpous I'm sorry you feel this way! +1 on feeling gross, I felt like that when I would wake up drenched in milk and it was so hot and humid too! Please do take care of your health... because even something as little as having a meal on time can do so much for your energy. I keep nuts and drinks in the rooms upstairs so that if I end up nursing there's something to snack on within arms reach. Don't hesitate in being selfish, because what you may think as being  selfish really isn't!   you need to be first priority in order to take care of the rest! Lots of love <3  
  • Options
    BusyZee said:
    no one told me pooping hurts after a c section.... I also feel like my sense of needing to go has dulled. I don't really know when I have to pee or poo.. 

I have a few days where I feel great and a few days where my body aches all over, my knees particularly. I'm thinking breast feeding is maybe making my bones hurt? 

Overall Im quite content with my post partum situation thank God! 
    Yes to bones hurting. I have had to take calcium with all 3 of my kids bc my bones literally hurt in my legs. It got better after a couple of months. I have to keep up on my bm too after my csection. I'm 6 weeks out today and just getting better over the past 2 weeks. Hope it gets better for you. 
  • Options
    @plumpous I'm sorry you are having a rough time. I've seen many women say they are having a hard transition to 2 kids and I will say that was way harder than 2 to 3. Not sure why bc DD1 was 3 and DS2 is 19 months currently but this third has been not so bad.. we are close to the 3 month mark and as you know things calm down a bit after that.. can you have a family member/sitter come play with your oldest and you can nap with your youngest? A couple of times a week I get a sitter from 8-10 (early bc it's so hot here)to take my son to the park so I can rest and it's made such a difference. A nap is so crucial these days! 
  • Options
    @plumpous I am sorry you are having such a hard one right now! 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I do have help sometimes. But the weekend is pretty brutal.... Today marks 4 weeks for DD2, so there's still a long way to go until the 3 month mark. DH is always reminding me it's just temporary. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    plumpous said:
    Thanks everyone! I do have help sometimes. But the weekend is pretty brutal.... Today marks 4 weeks for DD2, so there's still a long way to go until the 3 month mark. DH is always reminding me it's just temporary. 
    Is 3 months when you go back to work? Or is 3 months the magical it all gets better time point?  I've been googling when that is, and 3 months seems to be the average. Just so unfair as that's when most women who are lucky enough to have a good maternity leave head back to work. 
  • Options
    CPR79 said:
    plumpous said:
    Is 3 months when you go back to work? Or is 3 months the magical it all gets better time point?  I've been googling when that is, and 3 months seems to be the average. Just so unfair as that's when most women who are lucky enough to have a good maternity leave head back to work. 
    I can only speak of my experience with DD1 but it was both. I did go back at that point but also she moved to her own room and into a crib and started sleeping through the night. 

Now I will be also returning to work at that time and a nanny will be taking care of DD2 and we will start DD1 with full time daycare. This time around the LO will be staying with us during the night until we establish a good night's sleep so that she doesn't wake up her big sister. I hope she'll sleep well, but that's a big wish to be making. 

In general though, yes. Around 3 months babies kinda get a routine and everything supposedly becomes easier. But I don't exactly remember how we felt. I always thought that once they start walking is when it's really the biggest turning point in being easier but that's a year away! 
    Pregnancy Ticker