December 2017 Moms

MBF/Magnificent Monday

Re: MBF/Magnificent Monday

• Loading the player...
  • definitely MBF: the a/c is broken at my office. not the way i want to start my monday. the heat index is over 100 today and it's like a rainforest outside. i'm already 100000 degrees even when in an appropriately air-conditioned environment for a crazy pregnant woman...

MM: none yet. probably too much cloud cover this afternoon to see the eclipse but we shall see what happens. guess it won't seem so hot out (see above). we're not in the path of totality but still hoping to view the sky for a bit

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @dkizz82 my MIL is a very superstitious Mexican and because of that I currently have a safety pin attached to the outside of my dress on top of my belly button. I think it's to prevent all those evil things you were talking about. And after I dropped off my 19 month old at daycare his old infant teacher stopped me to make sure I had my safety pin and key on me. I draw the line on the key lol
  • IT'S FREAKING CLOUDY AT WORK! It was sunny and clear at home. I live five miles away. No-clipse for me, unless the marine layer burns off fast.

@brittyclem Ugh. That sounds awful.  I have to do my glucose test this week or next and I feel a teensy bit more justified in putting it off so long.  I hope everything turns out okay for you, and that you can normalize your day after that lovely experience. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • skc040512skc040512 member
    edited August 2017
    @kyrwyn watch the NASA live stream! Then you don't have to go out in the heat
  • Apparently the app isn't letting me edit my comment, and cut it short...basically saying NC is hot and humid as hell today so I'm enjoying watching it online.
  • @kvacmak I totally agree! The pet one I think is particularly stupid. I'm also like...the sun "blinds" me all the time when I'm driving or whatever if I don't have sunglasses on or put the shade down and it doesn't feel good buuut definitely doesn't cause permanent damage.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Okay, magnificent: It cleared up... so we wasted two hours eclipse watching, building various styles of pinhole cameras, observing the shadow/light play of the parking lot trees and explaining basic physics to people.  Oh, and engaging in significant smartassery, which seems to be our favorite form of team building.

We are now wasting additional time by watching the NASA stream. @Skobb Great idea! :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Marley629Marley629 member
    edited August 2017
    Magnificent: I'm on vacation from work all this week! Today we hit up crayola factory and DS had a blast - bonus: I felt awesome too!!  Also, I finally finished my wedding thank you's (7 months overdue..so late...but better late than never) and the thank yous for my sprinkle that was last week! Finally getting some things accomplished 

MBF: still have not closed on our house...there are two liens the seller needs to provide paperwork for to show they were satisfied. We have been packed and ready since July since our original closing date was 7/31 and the title search came back last minute with these issues. It could be another month or two before this is resolved.  

ETA:

@anewadventure oh no!! I hope this was just a one day thing and that it goes away for you soon!  The no A/c may be a contributing factor. Mine is so much worse when I'm over heated 

@breezybee  those are adorable!! 

DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• @Marley629 jealous!!!!! Enjoy your week. You know it'll fly by. So glad you felt great yesterday!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Marley629  so glad you felt well yesterday! high five! and what a bummer about the house closing. this is why the title search is so important. i hope they get their shit together for you. 

i am feeling better so far today but i'm sitting at my kitchen table with the a/c turned way down, so it's pretty hard for that to not be an improvement. a/c is still out at work and i told my boss there was no chance i was sitting in a 90-degree cubicle today. like it or lump it. 

@breezybee  cute!!! i learned really fast with my son to stay far away from white unless i could bleach / oxy clean it  :D:D  i know plenty of people that have their kids rock white and maybe i'm just not doing it right LOL

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers