January 2018 Moms

Names

Re: Names

• @EmilyLove25 I don't love newb's middle name, Lorelai Deborah, but DH really wants that middle name as it was his mothers name. I have also decided that I don't like DS's middle name either and he is named after my father and grandfather. So I feel like I'm being consistent at this point. haha

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH is refusing to discuss this LO's name. He says we have plenty of time. I want to decide her name NOWWWWW!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We're trying to decide between Caleb Alexander and Benjamin Alexander, and I can't decide which one I like better, so you'd think I'd be more patient with DH's similar indecision, and yet...
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @fivetimesnoluck I once read a book on grieving after loss and they said you should name your child to that you could put a name to what you were grieving so I totally get it. I think that's also why we've had names these past two pregnancies very early on.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @KatieEl I love Caleb! The youngest one I know is 8 I think, I haven't seen it on a baby in awhile.
  • @schaze I think that's the one I'm leaning towards
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @EmilyLove25 I love the name! Super adorable and works really well with your last name.  My SO is Robert, sooo I am partial to the last name lol.

We had our little girl name picked out in November of 2016.  We went on our first official vacation to the Finger Lakes and stayed in the cutest little town named Aurora and actually stayed at the Inns of Aurora.  My SO said to me while we were there that it would be awesome to name a little girl Aurora one day and honestly I fell in love with it.  Our baby was a HUGE surprise, so we didn't know we would be using it so soon, but I am super excited about it.

Her name is: Aurora Gene <3 

And her middle name is after SO's grandfather with whom he was extremely close and I never had the pleasure of meeting.
  • edited August 2017
    We're getting close to finding out the sex of our baby, and I'm a super huge name nerd so I'm excited to start thinking about it. 

We don't have... a lot any common ground in what we like, and the very few things we could agree on have been ruled out or mostly ruled out by things out of our control. We liked Raven, but then my brother named his daughter Ravenna. Our favorite boy name is Locke, but everyone who hears it tells us it goes terribly with our last name which is not Kinkade but close enough to see the problem. 
  • @KatieEl I like Caleb as well!

Now that we know we are having a girl, the name game has started. DH and I are on different planets with names. He likes names that sound like Kylie or Callie. I want something classic that hasn't been around for awhile. 

Louise Kate is the only name we have consistently agreed on.

Others on the list: Louisa, Alice, Leah (DH choice)

Louise is my top top choice, but I also like Vivienne and Wren. DH does not.
  • @jakobaby when I saw your choices I immediately thought of Wren Louise, so so cute! Louise/a is adorable though. Also love Alice. Hopefully you and your H can get on the same page!
  • I'm always a fan of Wren, @jakobaby! But, since it's DD's name, I may be a little partial!
  • @jakobaby my friend has a daughter named Louisa and it is absolutely precious! And Louise will be this ones middle name if it's a girl. 
  • @Cricket99 what do they call her for short? Louise was my great grams first name however I always see it as a middle name (it's my middle name and also my mom's).
  • @jakobaby they call her Louie, Lou, or LouLou for short. It's so cute. Louise was my grandma's name. Makes a great classic middle! 
  • Help!!

Andrew James
    Andrew Joseph
    Anderson James
    Anderson Joseph

We also have an Avery Rose
  • crizz13crizz13 member
    edited August 2017
    I'm going to leave this here... I love testing out names!

https://www.babynamegenie.com/baby-name-test-drive

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Jmedeiros24 they're all nice, but I LOVE Andrew James! 
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • what are your thoughts on Kiley or Kylie? 
    I love Kylie!!
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• Help!!

Andrew James
    Andrew Joseph
    Anderson James
    Anderson Joseph

We also have an Avery Rose

love Andrew James!
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• +1 for Andrew James @Jmedeiros24 !
  • What name sounds good with Kori for my girl twins? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @britmanering73 Kori and Caroline! If i was having a girl, Caroline was a strong contender also Kennedy and Carter were on the list.
  • My husband and I decided on a name for our little girl, Brielle. We're stuck on middle name options though. Contenders are:
    Brielle Marie
    Brielle Nicole
    Brielle Renee

Thoughts? Suggestions? DS is Chase Michael if that matters. TIA
  • @britmanering73 Do you want them both to start with K or just to "match"? I think with Kori you need something equally short and modern-sounding, so a lot of the popular old-lady names are out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• @BelleZBoo out of your list, I prefer Brielle Marie. Nicole and Renee seem a little too matchy to me.
  • @BelleZBoo I agree that Nicole is matchy with Brielle. I like Renee though, I don't think they're too similar, no shared sounds. 

I like a middle name with a different syllable count than the first name, so I would be looking at one or three syllable middles for Brielle.

Brielle Joy
    Brielle Claire

• @Jmedeiros24 I LOVE Anderson, so that gets my vote. It's a front runner on our boy list.
    Anderson James I'd say. Joseph makes it really long. 
  • @BelleZBoo I like Brielle Marie
  • @jmedeiros24 Thank you! Kennedy is already in our family. He has 75 "Close" family members so that's an issue we're having. No duplicate names.

@bainidhedub Thank you for the suggestion! Poor old lady names :(

@cricket99 Yes, every Cory he knows spells it with a "C" so he wanted K which I love. I like Gwen! He came up with Mira and I came up with Jensyn, now to decide between the two. I would love something short and strong, but every stinkin' name we pick is someone else's flippin child he knows! I like Emmi or Elli but we have close names like that in the family, but they're super trendy and he says it "may get confusing." He wants Demi... I said um, I'm not naming her after Demi Lovato. He got upset because I automatically based it off that. Would you ladies automatically think of the singer?? Geesh.

Thanks all for the recommendations! :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • savyragssavyrags member
    edited August 2017
  • @britmanering73 fair enough! It's totally a personal aversion after working in a daycare and as a teacher and seeing so many kiddos with names that traditionally start with C being spelled with a K. I am really loving Mira with Kori though! I knew a girl named Miri, and I'm surprised I didn't think to suggest that one too, but I really love Mira with the a ending!
  • @britmanering73 when I hear Demi I think of Demi Moore, not Demi Lovato, if that helps! 
    I second this, i don't even know who Demi Lovato is!
  • @Cricket99 I think I'm a name-mate with you. Everything you suggest, I like! My friend has twins named Cory (Corinne) and Gwen and they're adorable. I like when twins have different names so they can really express their individuality. And my other friend has daughters named Brynne and Reese and I love those names!

+1 for Mira! I also LOVE Emmy but Emmi doesn't do it for me for some reason.
  • Could we think about a new thread? This one is getting out of control on mobile and hard to use. 
  • @burnsmommy27 - LOVE isabella!! granted, i'm very partial, since we've chosen that name for our girl twin, but it's such a solid classic name! :wink:
  • Thanks @caseyw8784 good name. I'm partial to strong traditional names.