Baby Names

Thoughts on Alana?

What do you all think of Alana? So you think it goes well with Natalie? 
My only worry is people will pronounce it differently. I like it sounding Uh-LAN-a. Do you think people will pronounce uh-lay-na. Thoughts? 

Re: Thoughts on Alana?

• It's goes fine with Natalie and I don't think it will have significant pronounciation issues.
  • I'd be surprised if people mispronounced it.  I liked the name and almost had it on my list until someone told me it was honey boo boo's name and then I couldn't shake that thought. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I like it and I think it goes great with Natalie. I think it's pretty easy to pronounce correctly. 
  • I would pronounce it the way you want. Alaina/Elena would be the alternative, so I don't think that will be a big issue. I think it goes well with Natalie
  • It was on my list!  Love it!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• I think it is a beautiful name. I have a friend who's name is Alana, she complains quite often about people mispronouncing it. However, she still loves her name :) 
    photo a436e47a-1fc7-4b2c-aee9-dc94f8169c1f_zpsbbb152f9.jpg photo 301d07a6-bea2-41ae-8e5b-30e66a49659d_zps6d6599b3.jpg photo 80f355e8-ba3f-48d5-aeb4-f6f4c1c72f6e_zps8e4fac15.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I like it and it goes great with Natalie
  • I like it but I do think it will lead to mispronouncing. Mainly because I know two and they deal with it. One is under 5 and one is my age so early thirties and both run into it 

• edited August 2017
    I have friends with a daughter named Alana, pronounced the way you want. I pronounced it correctly right away but my husband was inclined to call her uh-LAY-na. So you might have some pronunciation issues but I don't think it will be an all-the-time thing. It's pretty and goes well with Natalie. My friends call their daughter Lani for short.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's my name! People sometimes pronounce it A-lay-na but most people get the A-lah-na.  And I just correct em if they mispronounce it.  NBD.  :smile:

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• I would pronounce it "uh-law-nuh". Nice name! 
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    I would pronounce it uh-lawn-uh 
    Uh-lay-NUh is Alaina to me. 

I think it's a fine name.