TTC After a Loss

Question about temping

mrsjcranemrsjcrane member
edited August 2017 in TTC After a Loss
*TW - loss mentioned*** (btw, is TW necessary when talking about loss on this board? I know it is on some but not sure about this board since it's an after loss board?) 
So I'm around 4 1/2 weeks post D&C....I've been temping so that I could know when to expect AF as I'm sure I'm going to be sad when it finally comes. Looks like ovulated 13 days ago, temp drop today but zero signs that AF is coming. Is my body just acting funny after the D&C? They didn't follow my levels don't to zero but I did get a negative pregnancy test 2 weeks after D&C, just prior to pursumed ovulation. I'm just so anxious to get on with life and start testing with my RE. 
Trying to insert chart here

Re: Question about temping

• Hi there!  I'm sorry for your loss.  Here's my take on your chart: you've had a really big temp drop today, so it's possible you may see AF tomorrow (just based on your chart alone, obvs I don't know your medical/cycle history!).  Do you know what your luteal phase was prior to pregnancy?  That could give you a clue as to what to expect.  It's pretty normal to not have any pre-AF symptoms, and even if you did prior to pregnancy, MC really changes things and it may be your new "normal" to not have many symptoms.  Good luck, and I hope you're able to move onto the testing that you want soon!
  • Sorry for your loss. I don't temp but I also had no signs before my AF showed up. Took five weeks post d&e
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not very good with interpreting charts but I would say AF should show soon.  I agree with pp that MC messes with body and you could have no AF symptoms or totally new ones.  Also TW not needed for a loss just for mention of living child 
  • mrsjcrane We don't TW loss here on TTCAL, but we do tend to TW live children. Sometimes ppl will TW or TMI if they're going to go into gory details about their MCs or symptoms.

Unfortunately, the only 'normal' with your cycle after MC is that there is no 'normal.' Your cycle could come back exactly the same, with same symptoms, as if nothing has happened... or it could be a complete mess with odd dates/timing and different symptoms you'd never felt, or who knows what... and it can remain that way for up to a year. But temping definitely can help you out! Hopefully you get AF soon.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• lurking....

I'd actually say you ovulated on CD 24. Those would be super low post ovulation temps. My first ovulatory cycles after MC I had a super short luteal phase, like 8 or 9 days. It gradually increased a couple months out from MC. 
  • *lurking* 

The dotted CH mean that FF isn't 100% sure of your O date. I also agree with CD24 as the most likely O day. Did you notice any fertile CM other than what you've marked? I'd guess you should get your period within the next 4-6 days if your LP is 14 days or longer. Sooner if it's shorter. As previous posters said, anything can happen in the cycles after a MC - some people have normal cycles, and some people notice lots of changes. FX AF shows soon so you can move forward!
  • Thanks for all the replies! It's helpful to here what other people think and talk to people that don't think I'm crazy. I'm pretty obsessed at this point because it took me 16 months to get pregnant in the first place