Babies on the Brain
Options

Waiting Room Wednesday - August 16

Sorry this is so late! It took me two hours to get home from work today thanks to school traffic and a horrible rainstorm, and then I fell asleep for a while.

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA?

What brings you here?

How long do you think you'll be here?

How have things been going?

Any R/R?

GTKY: Do you love or hate rollercoasters?

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
Diminished ovarian reserve
BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday - August 16

• Options
    Are you benched or TTA? TTA!

What brings you here? The lovely conversation and company while we wait :)

How long do you think you'll be here? We're hoping to start in October, but I'll probably continue to hang out around here!

How have things been going? They're okay. My chart is really wonky this month. My parents are thinking about coming to visit in November and bringing my uncle with them, so we've been trying to sort through options for that. I have my pain appointment tomorrow morning and then we're either going to a water park or Epcot for DH's birthday. We're going to decide tomorrow, based on the weather, since if the current forecast holds and we have thunderstorms, the water parks will close anyway.

Any R/R? Rant: There's this one guy at my work that no one really can tolerate. He's a very nice guy, he's just overly obnoxious when it comes to energy and trying to get guests interested in the show. He's more like a used car salesman than anything else, and it's driving EVERYONE crazy. Our leadership has actually spoken to him about it because even the guests are complaining about him, and he's refusing to change. Rave: My parents might be coming to visit in November, like I mentioned above! If they do, we'll be staying on property because with my uncle's disabilities, it would be easier to head back to the resort on a park bus to rest for a while during the day instead of driving all the way back to my apartment. If they do, it'll be on my uncle's dime, and I'm sure he'd rather stay at one of the nicer resorts, and my mom said DH and I could join them :D

GTKY: Do you love or hate rollercoasters? Oh, I loooove roller coasters. I just have to make sure I take dramamine lately for anything that moves a certain way. Like, Expedition Everest at DAK goes backward at high speed for a bit and that makes me queasy. I used to not have that problem with them, but I apparently do now (I also get it on simulators and a couple of other attractions here). I'd love to go to Universal, but they're not very fat friendly, so I don't see the point in buying tickets when I can't go on anything.

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ people like your coworker make my introverted self cringe!

Are you benched or TTA? TTA for hopefully just a little bit longer.

What brings you here? Avoiding two under two. 

How long do you think you'll be here? Honestly, we should technically be in the clear for 2 under 2, but if I got KU right away, I wouldn't be able to work for the full school year.

How have things been going? Negative OPK yesterday. Not a surprise. Will try to get some unprotected sex out of it since it's likely safe.

Any R/R? I had already worked out my hours with my school, and yesterday they asked me to change them all up at the last minute. It could mean teaching a class permanently, and potentially my favorite grade and subject, but school starts on Monday, so I'm stressing about it. Also not sure if my mom will agree to childcare for those times. So hopefully that gets figured out today. If I need to prep for an actual class I need to know ASAP! But if this works out I think it will be good for me and help take my mind off TTC. I'm not very good at filling my time productively on my own. It would also be more money, so that's a bonus, too.

GTKY: Do you love or hate rollercoasters
    lovvvve them, but haven't ridden one in probably 3 years. :(
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ Whoo fancy hotel times!! Staying at a Disney hotel was my absolute dream when I was younger. When I was 7-ish we got a free week of the Disney channel in the summer, and they promo'd a "Disney Resorts" VHS that I promptly singed up for and watched daily. Let us know where you end up!!

@lalala2004 That kind of switch is incredibly frustrating :( Glad you're looking at it positively and there could be good mental/financial ramifications. Awesome that you're clear of the "2 under 2" and so close to being 9 months from the end of the school year!

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Trying to put in a little time at my new company before we start trying.

How long do you think you'll be here? October. BUT I've lurked enough on the TTGP board to realize BOTB is probably more my speed even after we start TTC. I like being able to keep tabs on everyone. :)

How have things been going? OK. This is my first cycle charting (and second off BC) and I think I suck at it. I wake up somewhere between 2am and 5am every night which has to be throwing off my BBTs -- sometimes I try to go back to sleep, but its often a restless half-sleep and other times I'm awake close enough to my "real" wake up time that I need to just go ahead and take my temp then. I know this issue has been discussed all over the boards, but if you guys have any solutions that have worked for you personally LMK!

In other news, and if my CM and OPK results at least can be trusted, I had an 'early' O on CD11 and we accidentally ended up with O-3 timing for this cycle. (Completely my fault. I assumed we had a few more days of buffer since my first off-BC cycle was 30 days, which in retrospect...yeah.) I'm sure we'll be fine, and will just look at it as a practice TWW to prepare me for later when the stakes are higher. Lesson learned.

Any R/R? Not at the moment.

GTKY: Do you love or hate rollercoasters? Hate. I refuse to go upside down on any theme park rides, which means the only roller coasters I've tried are the really rickety ones or the boring, tame ones. DH actually took me on a surprise trip to Six Flags for the first birthday we were together and I almost cried. Poor guy.
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ - Hooray for Disney! Sounds like a blast - I went 10 years ago with my family, so I was like 21/22. I wasn't allowed to bring my college boyfriend so I was pouty the whole time. 

@lalala2004 - Sorry they switched up your schedule. I hope you can get it worked out today! 

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? The lovely conversation :)  

How long do you think you'll be here? Mid-November-ish

How have things been going? I haven't been around the last few days cause I'm stressin' about work. 
    I've been really unhappy with my job. Lots of little things that seem petty or silly on their own, but together it makes me want to get up and walk out most days. I had an interview Monday for a job in the suburbs that would be GREAT, at least in the short term until we decide where to move. I'm so nervous and anxious to hear back. I am pretty sure for internal purposes (board approval) they have to make their decision this evening, however I was told I wouldn't hear back until "early next week" and the anxiety is just killing me!! The timing, plus the timing of the wedding is making me very nervous. I want to be able to give 2 weeks notice, but I am taking off a week for the wedding in two weeks... 
    On top of that, because of how unhappy I've been, FH made the offer for me to just quit and he would cover my expenses till I found something else - finding a new job would be my full time job. We can afford it, things would be tight, but it's doable. Even though we're becoming our own family in a few weeks, I also hate to ask him to cover me. What if I don't find a job right away? Though we've already agreed I'd be a SAHM for the first few years of our future child(rens) life, that's at the earliest a year away. Meaning we could potentially lose a whole year's worth of my salary. But it's also sooooo tempting. Sorry for the tangent...

Any R/R? Rant - one of my molars has been off and on hurting me for ages. I've had a cavity filled on that tooth twice now, by two different dentists, and after the last time I was told that if the pain did not go away, I would likely need a root canal. I finally got the courage to get in to see a new dentist, because I feel like dentists keep messing up my teeth. He adjusted the cavity because it seemed high (and was possibly messing up my bite) but now I'm in almost constant pain. 3 weeks till the wedding, I'm popping advil like it's candy, and the dentist doesn't have an appointment until the week of the wedding. I'm pretty much out of time and I wish I had waited until after the wedding to deal with this. 

GTKY: Do you love or hate rollercoasters? I used to as a kid. I don't really anymore. It seems like there's a lot of injuries happening on rides (even though those are mostly carnival rides), and I guess I'm not that adventurous anymore.