Me: 33 DH: 34
Married: Oct 2015
TTC #1: Sept 2016
BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
TTC #2: July 2018
BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

Re: UO Thursday 8/17

• I'm ready to be blasted for this, but I think the term "rainbow baby" is so freaking stupid and refuse to use it. DD1 came along just over a year after I lost my first as an ectopic. Still really hate the term, and I totally low key judge people when they use it. I have no idea why, but it's just a visceral reaction every damn time I see/hear the phrase.
  • Lurker from January but just coming in @peachy13 to say I love your Gif... and maybe this is an UO, but I miss openly mean Tamra. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Loading the player...
  • @Skcobb I'm not a big fan of using it for my experience either.  Some people find a lot of hope and promise in that term; I'm just not one of them, but to each her own.  
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• @kvacmak, oh I know SO many soapbox facebookers that make a stand about some social topic and act completely different in real life. I have unfollowed most of them because it takes everything I can to not call them out and be like "how about your practice what you preach Mother Theresa"....ugh. People suck. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @Skcobb I'm on the fence with that. I wouldn't use it myself, but I don't want to judge others that find the term empowering. I have several friends who use it as a way to remember and honor. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @elcd458, omg I have like 200 episodes of dateline and 48 hours taped that I watch at night since everything else is so depressing/annoying. Then I lay in bed thinking about all the horrifying things that happen to people and have nightmares.
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • elcd458elcd458 member
    edited August 2017
    @anewadventure  I will do my best. I am thinking they are new to the 'hood because I've never noticed them until last week! 

@ameliabedelia-2  Yes. Maybe we should start a Facebook campaign where we change our profile photo to say "This is the face of someone who has anxiety because all you people ever want to talk (aka yell and curse) about is politics"

ETA: Keith Morrison is bae (do the cool kids still say that? Or am I so 2016.)
  • sjissjis member
    @anewadventure in regards to sleep/nap I too maintain and keep sacred her naps and making sure she gets adequate sleep. But with a new baby coming soon I'm stuck in the conundrum of how to maintain both sleep schedules when DD is ramping up activities and school. What are your thoughts on how to maintain both?
  • @sjis  how old is your DD? do you SAH or is she in daycare? 

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @sjis at first, I plan to prioritize DD's schedule. newborns sleep SOOOO much and don't know any different (i.e., there is no real schedule they are used to yet since they are not used to being outside yet!) that I think consistency will matter more for DD. I also plan to have DH do drop offs and pick up for DD at first (since I can't drive right away anyway and I'll be home with the baby for a few weeks). My DD is only a year, though, so she doesn't have a lot of after school stuff to be carted around to; it's just daycare drop off and pick up. DD was a good sleeper in the car, though, so hopefully this LO will be too and we can kind of just roll with stuff. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • sjissjis member
    @anewadventure DD is 3.5 years and still loves to take her afternoon nap. Though I have a feeling she'll drop it in a year. I'm a sahm, but I also work from home. 

@cait5413 yeah the newborn sleep is reassuring me that at first they'll sleep everywhere. But I'm hoping as baby gets older he'll still sleep everywhere or through my DD running amok in the house. I guess I'm stressing more than I should. Just gotta roll with it right?
  • GraysonsMamaGraysonsMama member
    edited August 2017
    UO: we plan on isolating ourselves for the first 6 weeks. My first was born premature and we had to stay out of public because of RSV concerns. My second was born healthy in March but it still made me uncomfortable to take her out too much. I succumbed to my mother's constant criticism while she was visiting and I wish I hadn't. With this one my husband and I talked and made the decision that there is really no reason not to quarantine ourselves. I'm a sahm, he works from home, my kids aren't in school yet, we have no family here to visit, we live in Utah, and it's winter. Why risk it if we don't have to? I'm putting my foot down with my mom if she makes the trip out during that period. 

Edited: just realized this may be more appropriate as an FFFC... 
  • @elcd458 Hahaha that is hilarious. Also true.

I'm surprised how popular that opinion is! I feel like so many people are so obsessed with him, and I'm always like:

(You have no idea how hard I looked for this in gif format... Sigh.)
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • I agree with what @peachy13 said. My dislike of the term is legit just dislike of the phrase itself, not what it means. But I also never want DD to feel like I am comparing her to this other child I never even got to meet. I am all for talking about infant loss. It took me some time to open up about mine, but now the majority of people that I have regular interaction with know about my ectopic. 
  • I would 100% lose my mind if I stayed inside for more than a few days with a newborn.  I love a good sleep schedule, but I need human interaction and my kid will survive.   
  • @GraysonsMama We can't quarantine ourselves but man sometimes I wish we could. DS had RSV twice (one of which required hospitalization), metapneumovirus (which acts just like RSV) and HFM 5 times....  yah that first 18 months was rough. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 Holy cow! We only had HFM once and I am so grateful. I can't imagine all of that!
  • @GraysonsMama yah, thankfully his twin didn't get the respiratory stuff but he sure shared the HFM... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• My good friend had twins 3 months ago and I hadn't heard from her in a couple weeks. Turns out her kids both got HFM disease and she said it was the absolute worst thing that she's ever dealt with and like traumatized her for life. Omg I felt so bad for her. 
  • @tamaraaaa
    you don't really have to worry about the whole 'be home for nap time' business until the kid is like 4-5 months old... and by then they're only having 2-3 naps per day (instead of like 5 as a newbie) so you can usually schedule outings around naps pretty well!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Months one and two are the best-I would put her in a carrier and do whatever I needed... I think it's months 3-10 I dread doing again.  The point where sleep in a mess, teeth are constantly coming in and they are helpless.  At least by a year they are turning into mini people that can try and communicate with you.