TTC After a Loss
Options

Intro/Sadly joining in

Hi everyone,

*To state the obvious, many TW below*

I'm sadly coming over here from the March 2018 BMB, after finding out last week that I had a non-viable pregnancy. I had gotten my BFP on June 25, and was over the moon because we had been trying for our second.  I wasn't sure of my exact dates because I didn't have a LMP to use for dating (I had been breastfeeding my son, so didn't have a period since before I was pregnant with him), so they had me come in for a dating ultrasound on July 11, which should have been about 6 weeks by my guess since I was temping and charting. 

At the scan on July 11, all they saw were (two) gestational sacs, but nothing else, so they just assumed that my dates were off and that I wasn't as far along as I thought. Considering when I got my BFP, part of me knew that I couldn't have been much earlier by then, but I remained optimistic until my follow up scan three weeks later. 

They had me come back last week for a second dating ultrasound, and as soon as they started, I knew things were not good. They still only saw the gestational sacs, and nothing had developed in them, and there was obviously no heartbeat at what should have been 8-9 weeks along. 

The doctor gave me the options of waiting for my body to miscarry naturally, to use medication to move things along, or to have a D&C. After painfully going back and forth with the decision, I decided to have the D&C last Friday so that I could at least control that part of it, and so that I could hopefully try to move forward. I couldn't bring myself to wait for my body to take over, since it had already been three weeks of no development, and I hadn't even started spotting or bleeding yet. 

Now, my husband and I are waiting until I'm in the clear, and then will start trying again. I know physically I will be ready before I am mentally, so I'm trying to do my best to focus on anything positive that I can. I know that unfortunately you all know what I'm feeling right now, but no one can adequately prepare you for what it's like to have a loss, and I'm just finding it really hard to deal with. 

I hope to be active on this board, since it seems like a great supportive community. 

Re: Intro/Sadly joining in

• Options
    Ugh sorry you are here and sorry for your loss. There are too many of you guys coming from the march board sadly. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake I'm so sorry for your loss and what you are going through. This is not an easy process. This is a good community and has really helped me after my loss. I hope you can find the same support you need here. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss 
  • Options
    pumpkinpancake I had my D&C on the 31st and had the exact same feeling about it. With all that happened that was the one aspect I felt like I could control and I NEEDED it to be done. I cried the entire way into the operating room and to the moment that I fell asleep. My heart is with you and I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    @ELeighMay it was so tough to decide to go forward with it, but afterwards I at least felt at peace with the decision, and am slowly starting to heal emotionally. I'm sorry for your loss too. 
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some wonderful support here like I have. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. I felt just a little better after my d and c. I needed to know that the waiting was over. 
  • Options
    So sorry for what you've been through.  Thank you for sharing your story and welcome to the group :)
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake I am so sorry. I know exactly how you felt when you opted for the D&C. I chose the procedure for the same reason. I am grateful that so many women shared their experiences with me so that I could make an informed decision.

Take each day in stride. I found myself mentally prepared sooner than I thought I would be thanks to this amazing group of ladies. <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SO sorry you are here.  Hopefully this is just a quick stop for you!
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss @pumpkinpancake
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. 
    We were also trying for our 2nd. 
    First positive pregnancy test 7/25 with EDD 4/1. Started spotting 8/3 day after my husband left the country. Luckily I was able to miscarry naturally, emotionally and physically I don't know if I want to start again, but I have to make a decision soon, I had to stop medication to try and get pregnant 
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake I am so sorry for your loss. I still lurk on the March 2018 BMB and I was sad to see your update. I chose to have a D&C with my first miscarriage and it was the best thing I could have done for my emotional state at the time (I wasn't as far along with my last miscarriage so I passed that one naturally). Glad you were able to make a decision that you were comfortable with. Take the time you need to grieve and feel all the things you need to feel - just remember that there aren't "right" or "wrong" feelings. Everyone processes things differently. I wish you peace on your healing journey.  

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    Sadly in your exact boat except mine was 1 baby/sack. I was in the march group too. I took Cytotec because I've already had one extensive  D&C before and trying to not add uterine operations to hopefully avoid the syndromes that come from multiple D&C's. So bummed. And my sister is in the march group too and unknown to the other we were due the same week completely by a chance miracle. Not anymore. ☹️
  • Options
    @giannavia so sorry for your loss and that you have to join us here. All the positive thoughts coming your way. 
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss :(