February 2018 Moms

Sh*t my SO/ILs/Anyone Says

Re: Sh*t my SO/ILs/Anyone Says

• I am getting really tired of people saying "Wow I hope for your DH's sake they aren't girls." Like wtf does that mean? That he would have three daughters and that would be a bad thing? Also, why is he singled out as being the one everyone should feel sorry for? I am the one carrying and birthing them? Sex shouldn't matter. Signed, so over it. 
    People say this to me all the time when they find out I'm having another girl "aww your poor husband". Actually he's thrilled. DD is the biggest daddy's girl and they have the tightest bond, he's psyched for another little girl.  

And yes, we're the one carrying and delivering, but poor DH!
  • @JandJ62914  Agreed!!! We met with a new OB this morning and we really liked her.  My MIL called on our way out of  the office and we told her what a great experience we had.  (Somewhat) Jokingly, my husband said that I really liked her because she called me "thin."  My mother-in-law responded with a surprised "oh!" and said, "Well, you did look thin in that picture you sent us the other day..."  Yeah, MIL, that's why we sent it.  Let's not comment on weight to a pregnant woman.  
  • Loading the player...
  • We just told our neighbors about our pregnancy (12w5d). The first thing neighbor "Bob" (name changed to protect the ignorant, but well-meaning man) asked: "Was it planned?"
  • I am getting really tired of people saying "Wow I hope for your DH's sake they aren't girls." Like wtf does that mean? That he would have three daughters and that would be a bad thing? Also, why is he singled out as being the one everyone should feel sorry for? I am the one carrying and birthing them? Sex shouldn't matter. Signed, so over it. 
    YES! I have one of each already-- and BIL was making fun of us bc it was another boy! Bc you know, boys are apparently so much worse than girls. Whatever.  Obviously they both have challenges in different ways… But, I would never say one is worse than the other. The whole thing is ridiculous. 

Although, I feel like BIL just looks for things to be mean about. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My BIL asked us when we would find out the sex.

Then he said for DH's sake he hopes it's a boy because "it takes a real man to make a boy."

I don't care that it was a "joke." I was not happy.
  • @rainafire77 Oooo that's a great gif!

@Starynightsky24 I was thinking more of a scorched earth response, like "I feel sorry for Lawrence because you hate him so much for simply having a penis."
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @eggplantface bahaha! I love you. PLEASE do that.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My coworker a couple weeks ago said "hey, I can see your baby bump now". Being a FTM and not even at 12 weeks, I don't see anything or feel like I'm showing yet. It's just me eating more and getting fat. So that's what I told him. I felt it was a little inappropriate to tell any pregnant lady. Don't get me wrong, I love being pregnant, but let me show a little more before you go saying things like that. 
  • My BIL asked us when we would find out the sex.

Then he said for DH's sake he hopes it's a boy because "it takes a real man to make a boy."

I don't care that it was a "joke." I was not happy.

There have been studies that show that male athletes have a higher chance of having daughters.  Apparently, the NFL is full of daughters.  And I saw another study that said obese men have a 27% higher chance of having sons.  My response would be to cite science.  And then maybe throw in... no, it takes a real man to be a father to a daughter.

@rainafire77 That really is a great gif!

LOL that gif was basically my face.

I just don't understand the need to make negative comments on the sex of the baby at all - as long as the baby is healthy I will be thrilled no matter what!
  • A man at work said 'see you've stopped going to the gym'!!!! I am quite obviously pregnant even though am only 3 months but bit of a risk to say when I hadn't told work colleagues only my friends and boss!
  • @rainafire77 That GIF is perfect!
  • I want to punch everyone in the face who has something awful to say about the sex of our babies. Like what is wrong with people? What happened to a simple "congrats?" It almost makes me not want to tell anyone the sex this time like we did with DD. 

@eggplantface your bff's mom sounds like a real
    jerk. 
  • @rainafire77 That gif is my favorite this far. 

I think I complained about this same thing in another thread, but I am running into the same comments since we announced we're having a boy. Most recently I heard that I'm too much of a princess to raise a little boy because they're so dirty....
  • I need to stop being lazy and figure out how to gif in mobile.
  • I love you guys. 

We honestly will either wait until delivery to find out the sex or just keep it to ourselves. We have two daughters. If I hear "ohhh but you NEED a boy.." .......
    I wish I was patient enough or good enough at secrets to wait. This time I'm not telling anyone what names we've picked until later. That's an accomplishment for me. 
  • I had a son the first time and am now expecting a girl. If I hear, "that's the perfect family" one more time...
    YES that was us when we had DD. FIL goes "well, I guess no more for you!" Seriously, I didn't know you were the one planning our family. 

He was pretty surpised this time. I was always open to wanting a third, but his comments made me want to do it just because he said it (which we didn't haha). 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • A friend at work came back from maternity leave TODAY---her son is 8 weeks old.  Another teacher (who sees herself as so kind and a gift to all of us, in general--she is annoying AF)--walks up to new mom friend and says, "are you expecting again??  I wouldn't think so, but it looks like you could be showing again!".  I wanted to seriously throat punch the asshat teacher so bad. 
    Gah, people's ignorance pisses me off. 
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @eggplantface and @julievdm12 I knooooowww!  And I think she looks great--it broke my heart for her. 
  • @magnolia305 - that teacher is a jerk! It's only been 8 weeks! 
  • @eggplantface and @julievdm12 I knooooowww!  And I think she looks great--it broke my heart for her. 
    And like, I don't think I'm in the minority to say at 8 weeks PP I was still VERY uncomfortable in my own (saggy) skin! I would have wanted to bawl on the spot.... I'm so angry for her the more I think about it! 
  • @magnolia305 that's awful. How can people be so cruel?