Babies on the Brain

WTO/TWW - week of August 13

Feel free to add to this post throughout the week if your symptoms change or if you have any questions. 

If you are a contributing member with a BFP this week, please share your success with us here!

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

WTO - WAYDTGKU: 

TWW - Timing:

TWW - Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: Do you have any inside-jokes with your SO? What are they (or what is your favorite)?

Re: WTO/TWW - week of August 13

• JennyColadaJennyColada member
    edited August 2017

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 16

WTO - WAYDTGKU: PNVs, bbt, cm, hio(!), OPKs

R/R: still waiting for O, grrr. Thought I'd get my spike today, but no go. I did get a "peak" OPK with just one CB OPK test strip left. That must be a sign ;) I'm happy with how our timing is looking, especially if we get another BD in today!

CS/Q: Posted for reference: [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

GTKY: Do you have any inside-jokes with your SO? What are they (or what is your favorite)? We always add on descriptions to our dog's name (his name is Rambrandt). Like if he's wagging his tail a lot we'll say "you're so waggy! That why I call you wag-brandt!"

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 5

WTO - WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT

R/R: None today 

CS/Q:

GTKY: Do you have any inside-jokes with your SO? What are they (or what is your favorite)? I will have to come back to this. I'm sure we do but I am drawing a blank at the moment :/

• Loading the player...
  • @JennyColada All signs pointing to an O soon. I like your dog's name that's cute!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 25/8

WTO - WAYDTGKU:

TWW - Timing: EOD (and sometimes more) since CD 7. If my O calculations are correct it was -4, -3, -1, 0

TWW - Testing: Thursday at the earliest, maybe Friday

R/R: Just the usual frustration of being in limbo...

CS/Q:

GTKY: Do you have any inside-jokes with your SO? What are they (or what is your favorite)? oh man so many. This one may sound a little messed up but anytime one or the other of us gets something wrong about the other we say "must be your secret girlfriend/boyfriend." Like for example, some movie came on the tv the other day and I kept insisting we had seen it together and he was like "nope I've never seen this must have been your secret boyfriend" or one night at a restaurant he suggested I get the duck, and I don't like duck, and he was like "what you love duck" and I was like "nope must be your secret girlfriend" Again, sounds weird but it's one of our little things.

• @lifesabeach85 - lol, H and I do the same thing!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 19/6

TWW - Timing: -4, -3, +1

TWW - Testing: 14 dpo

R/R: I brought alcohol wipes upstairs so I can start that while my temps don't super matter. Not much else going on ATM.

CS/Q: Not much to see, really.

GTKY: Do you have any inside-jokes with your SO? What are they (or what is your favorite)? TBH, I can't think of anything I'd consider an inside joke...

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Good luck to my fellow testers this week! @izza2 and @lifesabeach85

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 21/6

TWW - Timing: -5, -4, -2

TWW - Testing: Thursday at 10 DPO 

R/R: I'm super crabby today. I'm not sure why I'm so irritated but I'm hoping I snap out of it tomorrow. 

CS/Q: Chart below. My temps have been all over the place but it's there if you'd like to see it. :)

GTKY: Do you have any inside-jokes with your SO? What are they (or what is your favorite)? I don't think so... we are childish in that we tend to add "Your face" to things. For example, if I say "You're a jerk" he'll say "Your face". I tell DH he's really 5 years old inside. ;)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @JennyColada posting a few days later, so FX you got your positive OPK and had good timing!  (P.S.  I remember that cute pic you posted of your pup the last GTKY.  Adorable! He is a mixed breed, right?)

@lifesabeach85 and @izza2. My DH and I do the same thing! Lol

@glitzandglitter. How is school going this week?

@JNCPro3130. FX that your mood/irritability is a good sign! 

@dreamscapes_. That is a funny story! Did you all ever run into that guy again?  Also, i probably missed your post, but when are you all starting to try?

month/cycle: 4/4

cd/dpo: 26/10

timing: -2,0,+1

testing: not unless late, already have some pre-AF symptoms :/

cs/q:

gtky: like @dreamscapes_, we have some movie references we use. We also make jokes about what we claim if we ever separate (no plans to!!) DH always says he'll take the dog.  :p
  • Sorry, guys, I've been so busy the last few days, and I feel like I'm really late to the party!

I'm digging all the inside jokes.  Good luck to all the testers this week!

@dreamscapes_ That chart is awesome.  I'm glad you aren't actually trying to make decisions from it.

Month/Cycle: 1/2

CD/DPO: CD9

WTO - WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, CM, sex. (My phone auto corrects "BBT" to "BABY".  What kind of sick joke is that?)

TWW - Timing:

TWW - Testing:

R/R: Rant - AF hung on for 8 days.  Four of them were just spotting, but I was still pretty pissed.  If I have another 21 day cycle, then I'm spending more than a third of my life dealing with AF.  Not cool.  But it's gone now, so we started the sex last night.  Rave - DH was exhausted and almost asleep when I remembered we were supposed to get busy last night.  He's a good sport, though, so he woke up to do his part. 

CS/Q: FF said I'd O on CD 7, which fortunately didn't happen. I did get a spike this morning, but I'm hoping it's just a fluke, as it's still way too early.  I'm hoping for day 12 or 13, which would mean I'm getting back to my normal.

I figured out how to spoiler!

Also, I started tracking CM, and I have a question.  (I'd say TMI, but isn't that just the nature of the topic?)  I read that you have to watch out when checking after having sex, because arousal fluid and semen all have a similar consistency to fertile CM.  But how long should I wait after sex to be sure I'm tracking the right thing?  If I don't get up or use the restroom until the next morning, how does that change it?

GTKY: Do you have any inside-jokes with your SO? What are they (or what is your favorite)?

We mostly just share a lot of movie quotes and references. The one joke I can think of right now doesn't actually come up very often these days.  When we first got together I would claim we were psychic anytime we had the same thought, and I would make a telephone sign with my hand and put it to my forehead.  DH would argue that we were rhinos because he thought it looked like a horn.  After a while, when we had the same thought, we'd just say we were rhinos.

• @Secretstapler I wouldn't trust it for at least a day. If you're ever in doubt, semen dissolves in water, but CM does not. (And yes, I've put CM in water before to check :lol:)
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @Secretstapler I wouldn't trust it for at least a day. If you're ever in doubt, semen dissolves in water, but CM does not. (And yes, I've put CM in water before to check :lol:)
    ^This

But if you can't check first thing in the morning because you boinked the night before, it's okay. Check it throughout the day as well. The seminal fluid should all come out the next morning, and by noon/mid-afternoon you should be able to wipe/go digging and get CM without worrying about YH's fluids.
    Most of the time I clean up post-coitus, and then still end up unable to check CM first thing the next morning. No biggie. Just keep trying throughout the day, whenever you use the toilet. :smile:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @lalala2004 @izza2. Thanks!  That was my guess, that the morning was suspect, but by evening you're probably okay.  We're doing EOD, so I'll be able to be confident on the off days for sure.  It seems a lot harder to know what you're looking at if you do it every day, and especially multiple times a day.
  • @dukestar5 don't lose hope - af symptoms and pg symptoms can be identical 

@Secretstapler glad your husband woke up to play along! I usually check cm in the afternoon and since we bd at night I think that's enough time for everything to clear out. I do think there is a difference though 

• Hey guys! Sorry I'm so late to the party this week! I was delaying posting until my body figured out what the crap it was doing!

@JennyColada  Your timing looks good if yesterday was O!!! 

@lifesabeach85  I will be watching for your test outcome :) if DH ever mentions something I don't remember I say "that must be your other girlfriend". I used to say wife but he was married before and that got awkward  :#

@JNCPro3130  also watching for your test outcome this week :)

@dukestar5  FX AF doesn't show up!

@Secretstapler Hope O holds out for a normal time! Props to YH for rallying! Also I wish AF and spotting was only around for 8 days! I'm on day 10ish (since 8/5 with only a couple days off) of spotting and only now is CD1! And I typically get 5 days of flow and another 3ish of spotting after. I seriously feel like this is the never ending AF. 

Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, some other vitamins, sex, testing, and hoping for some HSG magic

R/R: My LP was 15 days! That is both a rant and a rave. I'm glad it was a good length (could have done without the spotting), but what a way to make a girl BSC! For reference, all my previous LPs were 12. I have all my testing this month (starting Friday!) so I will update as I learn anything! 

CS/Q: nope it's pretty boring with one temp

GTKY: I'm pretty sure we have some but I can't think of any right now... how lame. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @MrsMiller8588 um I'm mad at you. Why are you entering WTO when I'm about to go to TWW. That's not how this is supposed to happen! :P 
  • @JennyColada well on BOTB it doesn't matter  ;) or we can just meet up on the May BMB right? 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • @JennyColada. Holy temp spike! That's awesome.

@Secretstapler. Wow! That is a long period. Frustrating I'm sure! After looking at your chart, I don't think there is anyway you O'd on CD7, so definitely keep HIO! (Did FF give you dotted lines?)

@MrsMiller8588. That is a long LP! I am sure you felt BSC wondering what was up! We are normal until we are not, right?  Our bodies are such a mystery (which is awesome, but at the same time, I wish it were more predictable).

@lifesabeach85. Thanks! Yes still trying to stay a little hopeful on the off-chance, but I usually have pre-AF symptoms several days leading up to AF and I had a temp drop today.  (Or, should I say...since I was lazy the past few days on our vacation...that today's temp was 0.6 degrees lower than the last time I temped 4 days ago...so looking like the end of this cycle). 
  • @JennyColada with that temp spike your timing looks perfect 

• @JennyColada I wish I could love tit that more than once :) 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • @dukestar5 - Kindergarten has been take no prisoners this week. I have come home with over 10,000 steps every day grad school is also starting up so I am going to be going to be sleeping good at night! 
    How long is your LP usually?
    @secretstapler - Not cool AF, not cool. Glad she finally left. Re: CM question I'd do the water test as @lalala2004 suggested
    @jennyColada - Yay for your temp spike!
    @Mrsmiller8588 - sorry about CD1
    @Jennycolada and @Mrsmiller8588 - can I come too? I want to be on the May BMB :)
  • @glitzandglitter yes you are definitely invited to the May BMB. In fact I INSIST that you join us.
  • @glitzandglitter I second @JennyColada! Everyone give your ute a pep talk! 

Also are you teaching and going to grad school? You must be super woman! 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • @mrsmiller8588 - I am. I teach Kindergarten and I am just starting my 3rd and final semester of grad school. It's a lot for sure - so glad grad school is over in December 
  • @JennyColada, you aren't kidding around with that spike! lol nice!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Secretstapler Oh, it's even worse now, and I have no crosshairs, not even dotted ones. My temps for the last couple of days have been high for some reason. Isn't autocorrect fun? I'm sorry AF was so long, but I'm glad your DH woke up!

@JennyColada Dear god that's a huge temp spike! Good luck! :D
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @Secretstapler Honestly, I'm not that bothered by it this month, lol. It just amuses me how it's all wonky. It'll get sorted!

@JennyColada I'd love to join the party, but I'll just be the one peeking in from outside, lol :)
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @JennyColada  I'm crying over here because DH will be gone a few weeks for work in September, which means I will miss FW.   :'(  Literally no chance I can join the May bmb.  I'm going to go cry in the corner...

@glitzandglitter  Wow!  So fun.  Kindergarten!  I bet they keep you busy.  My LP is usually about 11 days, but it has been as long as 13.

@Secretstapler  Yes, I guess FF might need more time to try to figure that out for you, but FX you will get KU soon and not need to wait and find out.  
  • @dukestar5 aw don't be sad, I don't want anyone to feel left out. :( Just make sure to rep June for us. :)
  • @emiliadkay. I like that plan.  Let's do it!
  • @secretstapler I'm not super active because I've been busy lately, but we won't be TTC until November at the earliest. So you won't be totally alone!! :) 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 and @Secretstapler You two won't be alone. Looks like I'll be hanging out here for awhile again.
  • Oh no @ChloandCoco! I am so sorry. Sending all the creepy internet hugs
  • @ChloandCoco  I'm so sorry :( Sending you lots of love and good thoughts.
  • Oh, @ChloandCoco, I'm so sorry.  We missed you over here, but that didn't mean we wanted you to come back.  I'm really sorry you had to.
  • I'm so sorry, @ChloandCoco . Take care of yourself :heart:
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @ChloandCoco I'm so sorry. I hope you are holding up ok. Internet hugs