Babies on the Brain

Weekly Chat ~ August 13

Good Morning Ladies! I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

What are you looking forward to this week?

What are you dreading? 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? 

Random thoughts?

GTKY: Do you have a busy season at work? If so, when is it? 

Re: Weekly Chat ~ August 13

• What are you looking forward to this week?
    Getting this school year started. It is always so busy and crazy and I am ready to just have it all calm down.
    What are you dreading? 
    The first few days are always so busy and my last semester of grad school starts back this week :#
    Survive the week :) And hopefully work in some more bump time than I did last week. 
    Random thoughts?
    So for those following along... Finally last week I was told I had the supplement position. It's cool I had only been waiting since May...
    I'd say I have 2. The beginning of the school year is always crazy and the end is busy because all the loose ends that have to be tied up.
  • @glitzandglitter yay for your last semester of grad school! I can't believe it took them that long to get back to you with an answer, but I guess I'm not surprised.

Last day at the bank on Tuesday. Then I'm off the rest of the week with MH! Will be nice to relax together. :)

What are you dreading? 
    I think I may cry when I leave from my last shift at the bank. :/

Exercise and walking! I may also treat myself with a new notebook/pens for taking notes at my new job. :)

Random thoughts?

At the bank, December was always a bit busy with people getting out holiday cash and wrapping up the year and events/parties. But generally it's all the same.
  • Loading the player...
  • @JennyColada - I am so excited for you to have your last week at the bank :) I hope you have a great week!
    @lifesabeach85 - Happy birthday to your DD! Lolz this week will be rough. I teach kinder so there will be separation anxiety and students who potentially have never been to school before.
    @emiliadkay - I am so ready for life to calm down. I am hoping once I get back into a routine with school it will be better. Yes! I am so excited for GOT!!! A preview that popped up showed Jon Snow with dragons - eep!!
  • @glitzandglitter I hope this week goes smoothly for you! I'm glad you finally got an answer about the stupplemental position, but wow that's a long time to wait to hear about it. Also, I'm so happy that this is your last semester of grad school! You're almost there :D

@JennyColada There's nothing wrong with crying when you leave a job! Would having a nice notebook for note taking help? I had a small pocket one that I used during training for my current position. With the brain fog I have sometimes from my meds, it definitely helped. I hope you guys have a wonderful time together this week!

@lifesabeach85 Happy birthday to your DD! I'm sure she'll love her sandbox :)

@emiliadkay Sometimes the smallest goals are the best things to get squared away. Especially if you can make them a habit, you know?

@lalala2004 I hope your DH has a wonderful birthday! Good luck with the nap transitioning for DS. That can't be easy.

What are you looking forward to this week? DH's birthday is on Thursday as well! We're planning to hit one of the parks that evening, but we'll decide which one later. I'm also seeing my pain doctor on Thursday morning. I'm hoping he can do something about this intense burning pain I've developed in my upper thigh, where it meets my groin. It's not fun.

What are you dreading? I have an eleven hour day at work tomorrow. Should be fun.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I do want to bake something for DH's birthday, but I haven't decided what.

Random thoughts? I'm very tired. Working through this pain and the heat and humidity is ridiculous. I also had a friend visiting this weekend with her family, but we were only able to meet up with her briefly on Friday and again today. It's just been very hectic.

GTKY: Do you have a busy season at work? If so, when is it? I work at Disney World. We're always busy. We just have times that are busier than others (summer and the winter holidays).

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @glitzandglitter - Yay for it at least being the last semester for you! Even if it's going to be crazy!
    @JennyColada - Have a fun week off!
    @lifesabeach85 - Happy early birthday to your DD!!
    @lalala2004 @dreamscapes_ - Happy early birthday to YHs!!

What are you looking forward to this week? The weekend!

What are you dreading? The whole work week! I'm still scheduled to be in Heart Care, which freaking sucks. My anxiety's been better, but last Friday I ended up being the person in office who had the most experience there. Office lead was out, echo tech was out, LPN was out... Thank goodness the floats they bring in are all actually really cool.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Stay sane. I was planning on starting the C25K this weekend, and then we ended up going places I didn't want to go, and working on H's aunt's house.

Random thoughts? Woke up with a stomach bug. Started feeling a little off last night, and then this morning has sucked. I texted my scheduler 2 hours ago and I have yet to hear back from her, although I'm definitely not coming in.

GTKY: Do you have a busy season at work? If so, when is it? I work in health care - it's always busy! It tends to get busier around holidays (respite patients and drunk college students at my second job).

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @dreamscapes_ how old is your H? It's my DH's 30th so I feel kind of bad for not making a bigger deal of it, but we didn't make a big deal out of my 30th either, so I guess it's OK. Now that we give each other Mother's Day and Father's Day gifts, our birthdays seem too close to that and we run out of ideas!

@izza2 I hope it's an easy day for you!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @izza2 Feel better soon!

@lalala2004 He'll be 33. Our birthdays are only two months apart, so we'll probably run into the same problem, lol.

@emiliadkay My other shifts this week are all 6-8 hours, so it's just today that's the oddball. I was originally scheduled off today, but I had three days off (my regular days off and then Thursday for the appointment and DH's birthday), so I picked up this shift from someone I work with. His sister is deploying at the end of the week and he wants to spend time with her. I've actually seen that blog before! Our main issue is just the finances. Things are a little screwy right now, since both of us were sick earlier in the month and missed some work.
  • @izza2  Oh no!  I hope you feel better!  The only good thing about stomach bugs is that they really suck but they're usually over quickly. 

@dreamscapes_  Sorry about all of your pain  :(

@lalala2004  I dreaded the 2 to 1 nap transition but now I'm a big fan!  Its so much easier to plan things around one nap and the one long nap lets me get more done.  FX your LO figures it out soon!

@emiliadkay  Networking is my worst nightmare.  I'm the worst at small talk. Good luck!

@lifesabeach85Happy birthday to your DD!

@JennyColada  Enjoy your time off!

What are you looking forward to this week? I'm looking forward to no weekend plans!  We also have our team picnic for work on Thursday, so a half day of actual work is nice.

What are you dreading? I woke up with DD's cold

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? We really need to get the laundry situation under control.  After being away this weekend and the cat situation explained below we are way behind!  We're usually pretty good about getting everything washed and dried, but getting it put away is different story. 

Random thoughts?  I have a cat who as of this weekend has decided to start peeing in random places.  I'm not sure if its a mad at me/toddler/DH/thedirtylitterbox revenge thing or she has a UTI.  I feel awful waiting it out a bit to see what happens if she's sick, but I also don't want to pay to see the vet if its just her being a B.  When we got back from our weekend away we cleaned the whole house, made sure the box was clean, and gave her plenty of attention and so far we haven't noticed any pee.     

GTKY: Do you have a busy season at work? If so, when is it? I'm newer to my position (I started the end of Feb) but I hear busy season is fall until the end of the year.  I work in health insurance so once open enrollment time hits it gets crazy.  

• @emiliadkay yay for tidying! I feel so much happier when I have a made bed and a clean kitchen

@lalala2004 Transition from 2-1 naps is no joke. It was tough over here and I also dreaded missing that time in the morning to shower or clean or workout or whatever. But once you get through it, there are some advantages to just one nap. It's nice to be able to get out of the house in the morning and do activities and not be stuck at home, and the one nap is loooooong so I can really get a lot done and still have time to relax for a bit

@dreamscapes_ What do you do at Disney? I feel like I'm gonna have some follow up questions for you. Hope you can get some help with your chronic pain... yikes

@izza2 Did your stomach bug go away? Those are dreadful

@KFrob I feel you about putting away the laundry.

Sounds like we have a lot of family August bdays in this group!

@emiliadkay and @glitzandglitter Thoughts about last night? I agreed with Dany's decision regarding the Tarlys but a friend of mine agreed with Varys.

• GOT spoilers in box
    @lifesabeach85 - I felt bad for a hot minute for the Tarlys but then I remembered how badly Sam's father treated him. Other thoughts... I loved that Jon got to meet a dragon. Ugh to Littlefinger trying to create drama. Cersei - do you really think she is pregnant or just trying to pull Jamie back in? I think next week will be a white walker week - can't wait to see how that plays out. 

• @KFrob Eh, I'm kinda used to it at this point. We've just been trying different cocktails to try and get the pain under control. I haven't gone back to PT yet, but I know he wants me to. I've only been back at work for a month, so things are still getting situated for us financially. The team picnic sounds lovely! I do hope you get things squared away with the  cat. That can't be fun.

@lifesabech85 I used to be a pastry cook, but then things with my back happened and I was on leave for four months (which was when I found this lovely board and the lovely ladies here). Because of what's wrong and my decision to not risk hurting my back worse, I was transferred to a new position that could accommodate my doctor's restrictions. That's why I was on leave for so long, while they found me something that could accommodate me. So now I'm an attractions hostess at Animal Kingdom. I like my new workplace. Most of the people I'm with are fun to work with, but of course, there are a couple that I'm like "Okay, small doses".

We don't watch GOT, so I haven't got a clue what's going on.
  • GOT:
    I felt badly for the Talys, too, but also like they were being proud and stupid and a little too "we don't like you because you're different from us" for my taste. That said, I wish she would have kept them as prisoners for awhile, let them see for themselves what makes Daenerys different from Cersei and then offed them if they didn't agree she was a better choice. I tend to think Cersei's really pregnant. She's at her most horrid when protecting her children, so I'm steeling myself for the worst.

@KFrob Poor kitty. Completely understand waiting to see if she does better on her own before spending all the money on a vet visit. I hope for your sake it turns out she's just punishing you... cats are so freakishly intelligent it really wouldn't surprise me.

Hope everyone who's been feeling under the weather is doing better, and that everything's falling into place for birthday celebrations!

• @dreamscapes_ and @emiliadkay  Thank you!  So far its been two days with no pee detected so I'm thinking it was cat revenge.

So when it comes to GoT I tend to list off characters like this: https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/the-names-of-game-of-thrones-characters-according-to-someone?utm_term=.wiBylzZgR#.fxGO1NKR7 
    I'm the worst person ever to discuss it with.  I did read a great article about "stuff you probably missed" from Sunday nights episode.  

Like how when Jon touched the dragon and they showed the dragon's eye, there was a reflection of a wolf in it.  Then when Gilly was reading from the book it was about Jon's parents and how they were actually secretly married.  It was an interesting read.
  • Random, but does anyone know where the missing avatars went? I want my cupcake back!
  • I see your cupcake @dreamscapes_!

Today is my last day, and one of my regular customers (one who is known for being high maintenance ,so I made sure to give her a heads up of my leaving) brought me in a plant today as a going away gift! Commence tears in 3...2...1...

• @JennyColada - Awww! That was so sweet of her!!!
    Last Friday I had a patient's daughter give me a little angel pendant she makes (different beads put together just right to look like an angel) for people who take care of her father. Even knowing she gives them to everyone who's taken care of her dad, I still balled my eyes out when she gave it to me.
    It's the little things that really get to you sometimes. :heart:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @JennyColada I don't see mine :( There are some others that I don't see, so I'm kinda annoyed by it. It's messing with the formatting on the site. That's so sweet that your coworker bought you a plant!

@izza2 That angel pendant sounds so cute! Your patient's daughter was very kind to do that for the people who care for him :)
  • @glitzandglitter How's the week been so far?? Hopefully smoother than you expected... :)
    @lifesabeach85 and @lalala2004 yay for birthdays!!
    @izza2 Hope you're feeling better by now, and @dreamscapes_ I hope you'll get some relief when you see your doc on Thursday. I admire you for working through the pain and the heat and humidity!
    @emiliadkay At some point a couple years ago I just decided I was gonna make my bed everyday, and for being such a small thing, it made my life a lot better haha :) The kitchen counters are a challenge though!
    @KFrob Why do cats have to do these things?? The cat I had growing up would "revenge pee" after we got back from trips too.
    @JennyColada Aww your last day! Last days are always so sad even if you're moving on to something better. I hope they sent you off nicely :)

My mom and grandparents are coming through town on Thursday so they're going to stop by, and if they have time we might get dinner out together. My grandparents haven't seen our house before so I'm excited they'll get the chance to do that.  I need to do some serious cleaning the next couple of days though lol

What are you dreading? Not dreading exactly, but MH is going out of town without me this weekend, which is always great for the first day or so (house to myself, yaaaas) but by the time he gets back Monday I'll be missing him.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Mostly just getting things tidied up before my family comes over. That and trying to get in some exercise.

Random thoughts? Anybody doing anything for the solar eclipse on Monday?  I'll be at work, but I'm trying to get my hands on some of the glasses so that I can sneak out to go watch it anyway. MH is going with 2 of his good friends to a town in the mountains near here that's in the "path of totality" (what an epic name, haha) to see it. I was also invited on this trip but wasn't willing to give up one of my vacation days for it.. :)

GTKY: Do you have a busy season at work? If so, when is it? January is our absolute busiest month. People tend to have more of their mental health symptoms come up in the winter months anyway, and when you add in the post-holiday letdown, you end up with a lot of people coming in for help. The summer months tend to be slower, but at least at my particular job, nothing is ever predictable!
  • @diaphena - It is going smoother than I thought but I am so tired! I was in bed by 9 last night! As for the eclipse we will be watching it on TV. I will be at school and our superintendent has asked that we stay inside for the entirety of the eclipse. I hope you have a great visit with your family :)
  • @glitzandglitter No shame in going to bed early, I've had nights that I've come home and passed out on the couch by like 8:30 or so :) Watching the eclipse on TV will be a cool experience for your students!  If I can't escape to see it myself maybe I'll try to find a video.. then I can watch it with whoever my client is at that time, haha.
  • @diaphena We'll see how it goes! I'm going to talk to him about the new pain I've been feeling, and the fact that I'm not having much relief with the new meds. I hope you enjoy the time alone this weekend! That's totally understandable that symptoms kick up in the winter. It's actually one of the reasons I wanted to move to Florida. I couldn't deal with the winters up north anymore.

Also, all the missing avatars are back! I'm guessing it was just a blip in the server, but it had been happening since yesterday.
  • @diaphena  I'm in the Northeast so we'll only get to see a partial.  I found somewhere it should around 67%.  I'll be at work anyway  :(  Its so neat that your husband is going on a trip to see it!
  • @diaphena the night ended well! We all went out to dinner (even the RegionalVP came which is odd since he never goes to these things, but he clearly adores me as an employee so kinda cool? Even though he didn't pay so annoying too). Our pup is a mix: dachshund/mini schnauzer/mini pincher/chihuahua/"other unknown". We also put in a foster-to-adopt request recently for another dach mix, but no news on that yet. :(
  • @dreamscapes_ & @diaphena I moved from CA -> NY -> TX a few years ago and can attest the winter effect is real. My two winters "up north" were so hard mentally and I blamed a lot on the job, but a couple rough Dec/Jans down south have since shown me what a big effect the lack of warmth/sun played as well. There are perks to warm weather, hard as it may be to remember in mid-August!

@JennyColada glad it was a great last day!

@glitzandglitter right there with you on the early bedtimes. I try *so* hard not to go to sleep before 10 (as I inevitably wake up at 2am) but it's impossible to make even that low bar some days.

I'm actually a little bit terrified of the solar eclipse TBH, so I'll probably hunker down in the office and watch on the news later. But I hope it's awesome and all you brave souls enjoy :)

• @JennyColada Aw I'm glad they took you out! What a nice send-off :)

@emiliadkay and @dreamscapes_ Yeah the seasons definitely have an effect!  I have experienced it myself too. I've always lived in the south and our winters are pretty mild of course, but even just the lack of daylight makes a difference. The holidays have an interesting effect on people too - since they spend time around their families, and that doesn't always go well, we get a lot of people right after Christmas or New Year's in crisis, or saying "my mom/dad/sister/whoever is making me go to treatment." :)
  • @emiliadkay and @diaphena Yeah, my mental state is definitely doing better down here in Florida than it was in Illinois. Part of that is being a thousand miles away from my dad (we have a very strained relationship), part of it is being close to my favorite place in the world, and part of it is the weather. I wish more people would take mental health seriously. It's just as important as bodily health.
  • So for those not checking on WTO in TTGP, we had some puppy drama today! He'd been sick with bloody diarrhea all night so we took him to the vet. They kept him through the day for IV fluids and antibiotics (white blood count was a little elevated and he was running a fever). He's back home now and is doing great! Happy that he's feeling better!

All this to say: I made myself a mug of Safeway Select brand (ballllllller!) hot white chocolate and it is a velvety hug in a mug. 10/10 would drink again. 
  • @JennyColada - where does one get Safeway Select brand?? I remember in high school they had an amazing salsa flavor! And hot white chocolate soumds delicious!
  • JennyColadaJennyColada member
    edited August 2017
    @kimberbeep I just got it at Vons (we do Vons here, not Safeway stores) and it's just their home brand. I love white (no not "whore" autocorrect!) chocolate lattes so decided to give it a try and it did not disappoint.
  • edited August 2017
    @JennyColada - I am so glad your puppy is feeling better!