September 2017 Moms

STM+ moms - length of pregnancies

This kind of goes along with the post about how long labor was compared with first and subsequent pregnancies, but I am wondering about the length of the actual pregnancy. From a lot of people I've talked to, their pregnancies seem to be very close in length (ex - all their kids born at 37 weeks). What are the experiences of the moms on this board that already have 2 or more kids? Did you find your gestation periods similar with different kids? DD was 2 days past my due date, and I'm *really* hoping this one comes very close to 40w as well, as I am 34w and nowhere near ready! You may all think I'm crazy, but I really need these last 6 weeks!!!  :D
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: STM+ moms - length of pregnancies

• #1 - 38w4d
    #2 - 36w6d (water broke at 36w4d)

Currently 35 weeks and hoping to only
    have a couple of weeks left!
  • First was 37 wks and maybe a day or two. 
    Second was 38 weeks and a couple days
    Apparently this one will be here by 37 weeks. I'm dialated and she could feel her head at my appointment yesterday. I'm 36 wks today. I would say yes most are going to be the same. What I have noticed is the women who go early with thier first continue the trend. Ones that go at their due date and so on....of course every baby has their own plan but yes I would say the trend would stay the same. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1st water broke at 35+2,  2nd I was induced at 38+1 so I don't know how long I would have gone, but I already was 3 weeks past my first one

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• My first was 41+3 (induction) I am praying I don't make it to 40 weeks with this one! 
  • 39.4 with the first, 39 exactly with the second, who knows with this one but no later than 39 weeks (will induce then due to gestational diabetes) 
  • Not an answer to the question, because this is baby #2 for me, but for me this pregnancy feels a lot longer. I keep thinking "when is this thing that I remember going to happen." I was 41+2 with my first and TBH, I'd be perfectly happy going that long with this one. I have too much shit to do at work for baby to come any sooner.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • @wannabeamongoose Haha I am having the opposite of it feeling longer. It feels way shorter to me, probably because I have so much to do all the time having a toddler this time. The first time, it was like, sitting around, waiting, leisurely putting together a baby room. But I'm definitely with you on too much to do and hoping I go til 40 weeks. I need all the time I can get to prepare both at home and work. It's crunch time baby!
  • I was 40 weeks with #1 and 39 weeks 6 days with #2. With #1 I was dilated to a one at my OB appointment the morning that I went into labor. With #2 I was walking around for a few weeks at 3-4 centimeters and was 6 centimeters at my Ob appointment before going into active labor that night. I am hoping to get close to 40 weeks again because as other mom's have said I have too much to do at work and a few evenst for my other kids that I would like to get through.

imageimage

TTC #1 January 2009
    January 2010 SA results: Count 16 million, Motility 40%, Morphology 2%
    January 2010- Surprise BFP! DS born 10/1/2010 :)
    January 2013 TTC #2
    September 2013 Repeat SA: Count= 1.7 million, Motility= 24%, Morphology= 2%
    November 6th 1st Appointment with RE: diagnosed with severe MFI
    Testing to try to determine a cause & possible treatment for MFI
    CD 3 blood work for me. RE does not want to repeat my HSG/lap at this point,
    but may want to before moving forward with any fertility treatments.
    After seeing the uro, DH is currently taking lots of supplements and clomid to try to boost his count. We will have a repeat SA in February to see if it works.
    Follow up SA numbers are: Count= 4 million, Motility= 40%, Morphology= 1%
    Uro wants us to have another follow up SA 5/9 to see if we see further improvement than we are back to the RE to make a game plan.

SA 5/9/2014 Count: 12 Million, Motility: 60%, and Morphology 2%. We will be doing iui #1 in late June

IUI #1 6/28 clomid + ovidrel, post wash count 3 million total sperm= BFN

IUI # 2 7/21 clomid+ ovidrel. post wash count 900,000 total sperm= BFN

IVF planned for early November- cancelled due to cyst

December IVF #1- 22 eggs, 20 mature,16 fertilized

12/9 Transferred 1 4AA Blast, 6 frosties

*****Everyone is welcome******

• First one I never went into active labor naturally. I was induced at 39 weeks exactly and I was only dilated to a 1 when I went in.  They induced me because baby was measuring at 8lbs 7oz at 38 week sono. He ended up only being 7lb3oz BUT his head was huge, so a c-section was necessary as he got stuck.

This one I have actually had some contractions off and on and definitely feel the pressure a lot more than I did with my first. I am scheduled for a second c-section at 39w4d (assuming I make it that long). They do not offer v-bac in my hometown :( too small of a hospital and in our state only certain hospitals can do them. However given our genetic makeup chances are this baby is going to have a huge head too and I probably couldn't have him naturally anyways. 

I am secretly hoping I go into labor a little early though because this lower back pain and hip pain is no joke! I haven't had any decent sleep in weeks! I don't think I will make it to 39 weeks. 
    DS- 7

• **lurking from F17** 
    All 3 of my kids came on their own with no inductions or any medical concerns. 10.5 year age gap between oldest and youngest so age didn't seem to affect me. Also with #3 at my 36 week appt I was dilated and baby's head was so low that she gave me instructions in case I went into labor, but he still waited until closer to DD.
    #1 was born 39+5 
    #2 was born 39+4
    #3 was born 39+5

Good luck mamas  :#
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! I realize anything could happen, but these accounts are truly making me feel better. Haha, stay in there like your sister baby. I promise I'll be more ready in a month...
  • With my first I went to 42 weeks even. It was rough! 

I will be 38 weeks tomorrow and I'm 1cm dilated and 50% effaced so we will see what happens. I'm hoping to go at least another week because I still have so much to get done.