April 2018 Moms

AMA Roll Call

2»

Re: AMA Roll Call

• hi! I'm 36 and turning 37 late October. *TW* I had a miscarriage in May so I'm pretty anxious but my doctor says I'm in great health and everything "looks" normal *TW* 

I'm excited to see other more advanced mommas here. I've been feeling anxious about how long my husband and I waited. We've been married 5 years this September. We just couldn't make up our minds. 
  • @stalkinghorse Hey there! I'm also 36 turning 37 in late October! :). It's definitely great to connect with other moms in the same age range. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi @krrpe99 ! Nice to see you here from Jan 16!  :). I agree that I'm so much more relaxed at 36 than I would have been at 26.  Hope that continues as we add another little one to our family haha!  

The hardest part for me being AMA is having child bearing years going on at the same time as major career stuff - anyone else struggle with that a bit?
    Oh, yes.  Yes, yes, yes.  It's been 25+ years since anyone in my department had a kid, and this will be number three for me.  People have made their feelings and expectations super clear to me, and it's all been kind of an uphill battle to prove that I can perform at a high level AND be a mom at the same time.  It's all very cringeworthy and eye-rolly and exactly what we shouldn't expect to see in 2017.

Very much in this boat. Where I work, a lot of major clients, pensions and endowments, want to see more women portfolio managers. I accidentally was on an email where the sales guy was encouraging those presenting to really play up our women in the workplace and efforts with maternity leave and work life balance. I'm on the precipice of becoming a PM and I just thought to myself what a bunch of BS. I'm pretty sure when they find out I'm pregnant (hoping it sticks!) that they will just delay my promotion. 
  • Hi @krrpe99 ! Nice to see you here from Jan 16!  :). I agree that I'm so much more relaxed at 36 than I would have been at 26.  Hope that continues as we add another little one to our family haha!  

The hardest part for me being AMA is having child bearing years going on at the same time as major career stuff - anyone else struggle with that a bit?
    Oh, yes.  Yes, yes, yes.  It's been 25+ years since anyone in my department had a kid, and this will be number three for me.  People have made their feelings and expectations super clear to me, and it's all been kind of an uphill battle to prove that I can perform at a high level AND be a mom at the same time.  It's all very cringeworthy and eye-rolly and exactly what we shouldn't expect to see in 2017.

Very much in this boat. Where I work, a lot of major clients, pensions and endowments, want to see more women portfolio managers. I accidentally was on an email where the sales guy was encouraging those presenting to really play up our women in the workplace and efforts with maternity leave and work life balance. I'm on the precipice of becoming a PM and I just thought to myself what a bunch of BS. I'm pretty sure when they find out I'm pregnant (hoping it sticks!) that they will just delay my promotion. 
    Ugh, that is dreadful, and I feel your pain.  I am up for a lateral move that will more or less mean everything job-security-wise for the forseeable future, and I'm hoping to be able to interview before word gets out, because I KNOW it will be considered, even though it shouldn't be.
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• @bettyvonsomethingstein Doesn't it just kind of blow your mind? We're still here?  We aren't willing to make changes in how we assign work so that women can have children? I don't mean to get all "chest beatey" here, but it drives me nuts!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed you can interview, get the job, surprise them with the news and then surprise them with what an utter badass you are in the new role. 

man woman badass feminist GIF
  • @stalkinghorse, thank you for saying that <3
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• I'm 34, will be 35 in three months. This is my third pregnancy and I'm definitely feeling it more. 
  • So just interesting I turned 35 a week ago so this is the first my Dr talked to me about all the testing we'll be doing at 10 weeks because I'm AMA. She said they don't do the nuchal translucency (where they measure the back of the neck test) anymore just blood test to test for genetic conditions. She said we can even have my genes tested then can find out the sex at 10 weeks. Just crazy I had a baby 2.5 years ago and things are different this time! 
  • Hey! I'm 35, but will be 36 when (fingers and toes crossed) baby arrives. My husband is 40. This is my third pregnancy, and I have an almost 2 year old son. I had a MC with my first in 2014. I hope everyone is feeling well so far. ❤️
    11/10/13 - we tied the knot <3
    BFP #1 6/27/14 - EDD 3/4/15 - lost heartbeat 8/11/14; D&C 8/20/14
    BFP #2 1/19/15 - EDD 9/26/15

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 34, will turn 35 about two months after my due date.   I'm considered high risk because my first was a 33 weeker. Healthy,  just early. My son is 2.5 now, will be just over 3 when this one comes. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• I'm 38, high risk due to previous pregnancy complications and medical problems. This will be our 5th child in our blended family. 
  • I'm 36. I was ama for my first pregnancy too. I was 34 but ended up having my baby 3 weeks early so I was 34 when he was delivered in April 2016. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I'll be 36 on Wednesday and am pregnant with our second. DS will be two in a couple weeks, and I'm really looking forward to being two and through! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi! I will be 35 in October, so AMA most of this pregnancy.  I have an 8 year old and an almost 6 year old boy.  
  • g_amossg_amoss member
    edited August 2017
    Hi! I'm 36 and pregnant with our first, due April 17th. It took a lot to get here, as I have DOR. But, after three failed IUIs, septate uterus surgery, and thousands spent on acupuncture, we are finally pregnant thanks to IVF. We got exactly one embryo and it luckily made itself at home. Eagerly awaiting our first scan this Thursday. 
    We're also PG thanks to IVF. Good luck with your scan Thursday!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @follyqueen - How did your US go?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 35 and pregnant with my 2nd. I will be one week shy of 36 on my EDD.

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I will be 43 when this baby comes... :# my boys are 20 and 22. Feeling some fatigue but not much else. 
  • bmxerbaby said:
    I will be 43 when this baby comes... :# my boys are 20 and 22. Feeling some fatigue but not much else. 
    Same age! You are my new BFF!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ah I am so late in responding!! Sorry about that! 

The ultrasound went great. We saw the heartbeat and growth is on track! Next one is on Sept. 7th so fingers crossed we're still in good shape. After that we "graduate" to my regular OB from our fertility clinic, and I'm supposed to stop the PIO shots. That will be nervewracking!
    Glad everything went well! My fertility clinic is over 2 hours away, and fortunately they've let me have bloodwork and ultrasounds locally. I think I officially switch to my local OB after my next US. You were on progesterone a lot longer than me - I was glad to be done with fertility meds!
    Pregnancy Ticker