TTC After a Loss
Options

How long did your cramping last?

Forgive me if this has been asked a million times. I tried to do a search of TB but only turned up questions about 1st tri cramping and early labour cramping - unfortunately, neither of which I'm dealing with.

I began actively miscarrying on July 17th which was like a fairly normal period for me. Embryo growth arrested so I wasn't as far a long as they thought so it was a pretty early loss (was supposed to be 7 weeks, was more like 5 weeks). With my first loss at 9 weeks I had a D&C and bled and cramped for at least a couple of weeks after that but I just attributed any cramping I had to the D&C. With my current loss, I'm still noticing a dull ache/mild cramping on and off. Some days I don't feel much and some days it's fairly uncomfortable. My hcg is back down to 0. Anyone else have experience with this? I figured the cramping would have subsided once my hcg was back down to 0 but maybe not? This was my 4th pregnancy and 2nd loss. I wonder if it's similar to post-partum cramping in that the more kids you've had the worse the cramping is?
Me: 35 I DH: 38
*TW loss and children mentioned*
DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

Re: How long did your cramping last?

• Options
    @tosh24 I think it varies based upon how far along you were, and if you MC naturally or D&C. My MCs were all early (baby stopped developing at 5.5 weeks or less), so I didn't have a ton of cramping past a week or so. However, be warned that if you're getting close to O, I had hella bad O pains for the first time in my life after my first MC. 
    And God, I hope this shyte isn't worse based upon # of PG's... cause that is not something I need to look forward to if this ever works out for me. Ugh.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    tosh24tosh24 member
    @dpjennifer thanks for sharing your experience.

Ugh, I was laying in bed last night with super sharp pains shooting from my right ovary and I'm totally around my usual O time. Good to know.  
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like what @dpjennifer said....I had crazy cramps around O time.  They felt like sharp quick pains not the deep dull kind. 
  • Options
    @tosh24 I'm so glad you brought this up. Yesterday, and the afternoon before, I seriously thought I was going crazy with the sharp pains and cramping. I'm guessing it was O, I feel completely fine now today. I have never had pain with O before, but after looking through so many of the posts that must just be a thing after mc. I wonder what causes that if you've never had pain during O previously.
  • Options
    I don't know if the O pain was there before and I just didn't pay attention to it so I didn't feel it or if it's become more sensitive since the losses 
  • Options
    Interesting to see everyone mention O pain. I am pretty sure I ovulated over the weekend and I had random pains for a couple days. I asked my OB about it yesterday and she said it was probably ovulation pain. Something about enlarged ovaries and it possibly lasting longer after mc.
  • Options
    I would not say that mine were sharp pains but I definitely had noticeable, uncomfortable cramps during O
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Options
    My cramping lasted only a couple days with early MC. Similar to everyone else, sharp pain on my right side during O and lasted about 2.5 days.