August 2017 Moms

FTM Check-In Week of 8/14

How far along are you?

Any appointments this week or last? How'd they go?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves?

Questions for FTM/STM+?

GTKY: What are you currently reading or watching? 

Re: FTM Check-In Week of 8/14

• How far along are you? // 39 weeks tomorrow

Any appointments this week or last? How'd they go? // Just standard prenatal. But I do have a dermatology follow-up today for this crazy ringworm I've had going on.

Cravings? // Noticing that I'm losing my appetite. Not craving anything!

Rants/Raves? // Pretty much both; the ringworm is getting better (thankfully) but still visible. Have a follow-up derm appointment today after a full two week prescription treatment. Mostly thankful that the spots on my breasts are gone so I'm not as worried about BFing, but I want to know if it's still contagious at all since I'll want to do skin to skin.

Questions for FTM/STM+? // When am I going to have this baby?! Kidding. But not. In a lot of pain, especially at night, so very very ready for LO to arrive.

GTKY: What are you currently reading or watching? // Reading "Of Mess and Moxie", Jen Hatmaker's new book. Also reading "The Bandit Monologues" which was co-written by my mentor/English teacher so that's fun. Watching Botched because I can't help myself and it's addicting! 
  • How far along are you? DD is 1 week today

Any appointments this week or last? How'd they go? Pediatrician in a few hours

Cravings? nope

Rants/Raves? Rant-DH started his new job today, so we got less than 48hrs home together. He should only need to work 2 short days this week so yay, but he won't be at her 1st apt-his parents are coming to help.  Also my dad has had a cold and mom is still in the hospital so they haven't even met DD! Sucky since they live so close.

Questions for FTM/STM+? anyone had to deal with larengomalacia? if so, advice? 

GTKY: What are you currently reading or watching? my DD...
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? (Or how old is your baby?)
    37W+4days 

Had to be admitted to L&D Friday for high blood pressure. Doc says no more work, and we'd probably talk about induction this week. I have an appointment today, so we'll see how that goes. 

Cravings?
    Hibachi rice! (Haven't had it yet, but its sounded good for days)

Rants/Raves?
     Rant: I hate that I was put on maternity leave early. I want those precious days with baby here, not right now. 
    Rave: DH has been a champ and did so much cleaning/prepping this weekend. He's making sure I do as little as possible, which makes me feel guilty, but it's also nice. 

Questions for FTM/STM+?
    I'm nervous about the induction process. I'm not dilated at all, so I feel like this could be long and tough on my body. I've already accepted that I probably won't get the med free birth I wanted. I guess I'd like to know about other experiences with induction and how everything went. 

We are almost done with "The Keepers" on Netflix. It's pretty disturbing.
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • How far along are you? (Or how old is your baby?)
    He's a month old now!

Had a blood pressure check since I've had blood pressure issues since delivery. I'm now down from 3 different medications to just one!
    Ethan has his 1 month checkup this week!
    Cravings?

Rants/Raves?
    Sad to be going back to work in 2 weeks.

Questions for FTM/STM+?
    I have my 6 week postpartum appointment next week. What generally happens at that?
    Reading the sleepwalker by Chris bohjalian. Watching parks and rec.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 if I remember correctly, a pelvic exam to confirm that your uterus and cervix have healed properly 
  • How far along are you? 38 + 2

Any appointments this week or last? How'd they go? I'm not dilated at all but 50% effaced. Baby is ata -3 station. I have another appointment tomorrow. 

Cravings? Cantaloupe. I actually hate it but really want some. Maybe I need the vitamin K? 

Rants/Raves? This insomnia is killing me. I'm up every 1-3 hours to pee even though I'm not drinking much in the MOTN. Insomnia sufferers, what have you taken to help? I want to be somewhat well rested for delivery. 

Questions for FTM/STM+? Did any of the natural induction techniques actually work for you (i.e. Dates, bouncing on a yoga ball, spicy food, etc)? 

GTKY: What are you currently reading or watching? Watching GoT. We don't have cable so we have to beg, borrow, and steal to watch each episode. 

@mrsmatt1212 I'm glad the ringworm is going away! Hopefully your Derm gives you the all clear to have your skin to skin!

@MrsVP614 GL at your appointment, hope everything is more favorable for a smooth induction. 

@Kathryn0903 I can't believe Ethan is already a month old! Hope you can ditch that last med soon! 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Thanks @megaroo42 ! Glad it went well 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20