Infertility

New Girl in Town

Hi everyone! I'm not really sure what all to say. I am 29, I have been married to my husband for a little over a year now. We have been trying to conceive since we got married. About 6 months in of trying we thought we might be pregnant, because AF never showed, little did we know after countless tests and going to the Dr. I wasn't. Did blood work and everything came back normal on all hormone levels, but never started my period, so I got put on medication to help jump start my period. That worked then some more blood work after that and it turns I didn't ovulate after being jump started. Well now we are going through the same process currently never saw AF, so now on medication to jump start my period again and my Dr. is putting me on clomid to help me ovulate once I get my cycle going on. Needless to say I'm a little anxious to get started and scared all at the same time. What were y'alls experience on Clomid or is anyone else going through the same thing? Thanks for reading! Sorry for the long post! Hope everyone is have a good day!

Re: New Girl in Town

• TW**
    Hello I was diagnosed with PCOS after my first ectopic pregnancy in 2012. Months later we tried clomid to no avail.  Like a year and some later we tried again but to no avail.  Our third try about a year and some after that (2015) we did clomid and metformin and nothing that month but a month later I got pregnant. Unfortunately it was another EP.  

So I can say that had we been consistent with it from the beginning I believe we would have gotten pregnant sooner than we did. Sadly we had another EP a year later which resulted in my last tube being removed and now we're onto IVF bright and early in the new year. 

Have you been diagnosed with PCOS or seen any other symptoms that mirrors it? Months without a period is cause for something. 
    Me:28 DH:33
    01/10/12 : First ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    Dx:PCOS
    2012-2015: TTC #2 (2 rounds of clomid + metformin)
    04/13/15: Second ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    02/29/16: Third ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    Tubal Infertility
    Married: 2/11/17  <3
    7/21/17 : Consult with RE  :#
    10/12/17 : Second consult with a different RE
    1st IVF Cycle scheduled for Feb 2018
    02/13/18 : ER
    (22 follies,16m Eggs, 11 fert, 5 blasts)
    02/18/18 : ET 
    - 2 beautiful blast 3AA,2AA (highest quality)
    02/27/18 : First Beta - 193!!!
    03/01/18 : Second Beta - 546

• My Dr. ran the test and it came back that I didn't have PCOS. We aren't sure what's going on, other then I'm not ovulating. Just have to see what the Clomid does and if that doesn't work I guess we will be doing more testing. I am sorry for what you are going through. I got a feeling IVF will work for you :) you'll be pregnant before you know it!

• Loading the player...
  • Holls214Holls214 member
    edited August 2017
    It took my doctor forever to diagnose me with pcos. For a year it was just unexplained. I think they didn't want to say pcos because a side effect of that is being overweight too. We found out that I don't ovulate every month but I do some months. All other levels are fine but AMH is high. Good luck and push the envelope if you don't like what you hear. That's what I did. 
    I also took clomid and i didn't end up pregnant but my numbers were great and I did ovulate so it could have worked eventually but we moved onto ivf. 
    TTC 4 years. 7 failed IUI's with either Clomid, Femara and/or Trigger Shots. Started IVF journey in February 2017. Polyps removed in May. 1st IVF Transfer September 26th. BFP. Expected due date 6/14/18. Baby boy born 5/25/18 at 6 lb 9 oz. My bundle of joy. 
  • @Knottie43255790 just be persistent and consistent.  Thank you and I do believe the same for you. 

Me:28 DH:33
    01/10/12 : First ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    Dx:PCOS
    2012-2015: TTC #2 (2 rounds of clomid + metformin)
    04/13/15: Second ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    02/29/16: Third ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    Tubal Infertility
    Married: 2/11/17  <3
    7/21/17 : Consult with RE  :#
    10/12/17 : Second consult with a different RE
    1st IVF Cycle scheduled for Feb 2018
    02/13/18 : ER
    (22 follies,16m Eggs, 11 fert, 5 blasts)
    02/18/18 : ET 
    - 2 beautiful blast 3AA,2AA (highest quality)
    02/27/18 : First Beta - 193!!!
    03/01/18 : Second Beta - 546

• Thank y'all so much for positive vibes and awesome advice. Yeah I will for sure to make sure my voice is heard. We are active and healthy, so not overweight, but I have heard that that's not always the case with pcos. That you could be perfectly healthy and have pcos. How long were you on clomid before you decided to go to ivf? If you don't mind me asking...its ok if not.
  • ***child mentioned***

Your journey reminds me a little of my own. I was able to conceive my son but after he was born I didn't get my period for a long period of time and now that I do it is very spuratic...up to 72 days and everything in between. Before I saw a RE I went through three OBGYN consults. I tried clomid for three months. I ovulated the first month and then never again. Then I just tried progesterone to try to get my period in a regular rhythm again which also didn't help. 

When I did go to see the RE after lots of tests they found nothing. I tried a cycle of IUI on leteozle (I think) but I never ovulated. We decided to move forward with IVF and I am not awaiting my first transfer with a frozen embryo. 

Its been a frustrating and confusing journey. I hope clomid helps with little side effects (I had some but nothing sever). Good luck with everything!!!
  • Thank you for sharing it was very helpful! Good luck with IVF!
  • @Knottie43255790 That's got to be frustrating! I have no advice, but FX that you guys get something figured out. Good luck!
    *tw*
    Me: 33 / DH: 30
    Married: 10/19/13
    NTNP since 2010 / TTC since 2013
    DX: Unexplained
    June 2014 – Aug 2014 (3 cycles): Medicated cycles >> Letrozole + Trigger = BFN
    Sept 2014: IUI #1 >> Letrozole + Follistim + Trigger = BFN 
    Dec 2014: IUI #2 >> Letrozole + Follistim + Trigger = BFN 
    Sept 2016: Consult with RE, DH consult with Urologist
    Nov 2016: D&C to remove polyps >> RE required 6 month break
    May 2017: IUI #3 >> Letrozole + Follistim + Trigger = BFP >> MC/CP
    Aug 2017: IUI #4 >> Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Oct 2019: IVF Consult