April 2018 Moms

Cravings

Re: Cravings

• Oh that sounds so good @hedgepig.  I'm going to the Indiana State fair tomorrow and they just shared a picture of the greatest looking grilled cheese.  I can't wait to stuff my face 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @hedgepig my mouth literally started watering for grilled cheese
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not craving anything yet but with my first they didn't hit until mid-20 week. All of a sudden I wanted milkshakes haha. Then towards the end of my pregnancy my husband likes to call it my "international cuisine week." We had everything! Korean, Italian, Indian, Thai, Chinese, Mediterranean. It was glorious! 
  • @hedgepig omg that sounds perfect
  • So far I've had cravings for cucumber, and for warm soft pretzels (and if I can't get them - just salt on bread haha)
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Last time I was all about salt during my first tri, but so far I've wanted sweet cold fruit. I've eaten most of a giant watermelon by myself this week. 
  • The upside of buying soft white bread for grilled cheese is that I got to make PB&J with it for dessert.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @toniherdt I had to get Taco Bell tonight.... I normally hate Taco Bell and this was actually my third trip to Taco Bell since I've been pregnant!! 
  • @zombiemom1318 yeah normally I'm more of a "real" Mexican food type of person. My step grandma is Mexican and makes the best authentic Mexican food so in comparison Taco Bell is usually just meh. But pregnancy me thinks it's God's gift to the world. I've also had it three times in the week I've known I'm pregnant  :D
  • @toniherdt darn it I just saw a taco bell commercial! It looked amazing
  • Brownie Brittle.  First intense craving I've had.  I need it right MEOW.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just went to the store to get stuff for burgers and came out with that plus tatertots, onion rings, pickles and a box of drumsticks. #BadDecisions
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• I ended up doing the old bay and mayo thing with tater tots yesterday
  • jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited August 2017
    hedgepig said:
    I just had a hard core craving for diner-style grilled cheese - with white bread, which we don't usually buy, and American cheese, which I never eat, served with Campbell's tomato soup, which I don't even like. I wound up getting Amy's Cream of Tomato, and DH made the grilled cheese exactly the way I wanted and it was the best food I've ever eaten.
    This is random but have you ever had the Heinz brand Tomato soup they sell in the international section of the grocery store? My husband is British and he introduced me to it. O. M. G. Is it good. 

ETA- @toniherdt  The only thing my mom ever wanted to eat when she wa pregnant with me was Taco Bell. It seriously must be a pregnancy thing. 
  • @JJMNO1616 DH is obsessed with the British section of the grocery store, I'll have to tell him about the soup
  • I'm also craving cheeseburgers, cinnamon donuts and twistes. I usually eat healthy so this is bad
  • @allowachick I love the Heinz beans too. I went to England two years ago and my husband's family eats them in the morning with eggs. I thought it was weird before I tried them but they are so good!
  • Pepperoni. And tacos. Or beef jerky. And cheese
  • I'm having chinese food for dinner tonight (hello sodium) I never eat chinese food, ever. So my husband is ecstatic because its one of his favorites. With my daughter all i wanted was sausage egg mcmuffins from McDonald's, that's not sounding nearly as good as it was with her. So he brought one home to surprise me the other day and it is still sitting in the fridge. I want to tell him he can eat it but am afraid as soon as I do, im going to want it hahahaha
  • @hedgepig thats like my favorite meal of all time. Little hot for soup though right now lol that's got to be a legit craving. 
  • Eggs and avocado's.  I am starting to care less about the eggs though.

And when I was pregnant with DD, my coworker and I were a few weeks apart, we would eat taco Bell at least twice a week for lunch.
  • Chicken soup. It's all I want and it's August. I literally keep eating soup and sweat like a farm animal while eating it.
  • Nilla Wafers
  • I'm craving water. Ice cold water. I think my body is trying to tell me something. Because I've always struggled to drink water. But even though I've drank water all day my head still hurts. 
  • Fried chicken, I don't hate it.
  • I think I mentioned this in another post but I've been craving green olives and lobster. I've eaten a ton of olives this week. May have to give in and get some lobster this weekend! 

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

• It's still early for me but I want kale (just like when pregnant with my DD, before morning sickness hit), red meat (this is new) and add me to the list of people who are craving ice cold water.  I swear I must've had a gallon of it today!
  • @hedgepig @JJMNO1616 I also really love the tomato basil soup from urban plates. It's vegan but absolutely delicious!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm craving Whataburger onion rings, but since I'm not even 4 weeks yet, I think I'm just craving onion rings unrelated to pregnancy. 

With my last pregnancy, I was outed at work when I went to the cafeteria and came back with picked okra and hard boiled eggs which I dipped in honey mustard (tastes just like a deviled egg). My charge nurse said, "Girl, only pregnant women eat stuff like that." And I have no poker face so I was done after that. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I just got this big craving for veggie spring rolls.  I don't care for Chinese food but all of a sudden I just want eat one.

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • The only thing I'm really craving is a tomato beer. And the only reason I think I want one so bad is because I can't have one. Oh! I guess popcorn...I've been wanting that more than usual lately.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just got this big craving for veggie spring rolls.  I don't care for Chinese food but all of a sudden I just want eat one.
    I hate Chinese food, and I literally requested it Sunday night for dinner! It tasted like crap still, but it was the only thing that sounded remotely good and stomachable lol so weird!
  • The last few days I've been craving a bagel and cream cheese. (It was also a favorite with my daughter) I cant wait to go grocery shopping tonight. 
  • I know @sjn00 usually when my husband wants Chinese food I get something else.  But those sounded soo good I actually stopped and got some on the way home and they were delicious. But now I want more 

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • I thought is was too early to start having cravings, but now I disagree. I am craving tuna sandwiches and all things spicy and I usually hate any and all spicy things. The littlest bit of spicy usually sends me into a chug all drinks meltdown because I can't take it. And I did eat Tuna previously, but usually once in a blue moon and now I have eaten it 3 times in the last 2 weeks.
  • dlammers said:
    The only thing I'm really craving is a tomato beer. And the only reason I think I want one so bad is because I can't have one. Oh! I guess popcorn...I've been wanting that more than usual lately.
    What in the heck is a tomato beer?
  • cards10cards10 member
    edited August 2017
    Food truck day at work = preggo woman's dream

I think I just ate my weight in Mexican food. I have a new found love of refried beans. I used to avoid them so hard bc they look absolutely disgusting lol

ETA: total consumption time ~3 minutes. No shame
  • Coworkers introduced me to Door Dash. This does not bode well for this pregnancy.

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker