April 2018 Moms

AMA Roll Call

Who here is AMA?  Let's get a roll call going to see who we have and then organize a weekly check-in!
***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

Re: AMA Roll Call

• I'm here!  Turned 36 in July and expecting our third (and second rainbow baby). 
  • I'll be 39 in a few weeks.  This is my third.  All my kids will have been born after I turned 35 but before 40!
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• Loading the player...
  • I'm 41 but will be 42 in Oct. My DS is 8, DD is 2 so I was AMA with her also. Wasn't expecting to have a 3rd but you know what they say... "we make plans and God laughs" 
  • I'm 35 now, will have just turned 36 when baby is born. This will be our third in a row, basically! I was 33 when DS was born and 34 when DD arrived. 
  • I turned 36 last week. I have a five and a two year old. 
  • I am 41 but will be 42 next week actually. Had my DS at 38 so I guess I am AMA for both of my kids. Good to know I am not the oldest one.
  • I'm 36, 37 by EDD. I had my DS when I was 33.
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Hi!  37.  Hubby is 40.  We'll be 38/41 by the time baby gets here.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just turned 37 and my DH is 39. FTM here!
  • Super high risk 32 year old. Does that count?
  • Hey all!
    I am 36 now, will be 37 at edd. Hubby will be 41. We have 2 boys that are 4 and 2. Wondering if these old ppl can possibly handle 3 boys??? 
    What is different as a ama mama?  My last was not. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm 36 and will be 37 (yikes!) when this one comes. I'm a STM and needed REI and IUI with our first. We tried again for 3 cycles and then hubs said he was done. (He's 10 yrs older.) Then, SURPRISE. A spontaneous and natural pregnancy. Hubs has an 18, 16, and our 3yo. All boys! Fx for a little lady.
  • roomsu said:
    Hey all!
    I am 36 now, will be 37 at edd. Hubby will be 41. We have 2 boys that are 4 and 2. Wondering if these old ppl can possibly handle 3 boys??? 
    What is different as a ama mama?  My last was not. 
    It depends on your doctor and overall health, if you get treated differently.  AMA is considered higher risk, so an extremely cautious doc might do more ultrasounds more often, insist on genetic testing, and may even insist on a cesarian section or induction at 39 weeks.

I went out of my way to find a very chill doctor when I last got pregnant, and I will be going back to her again.  I am ok with a little extra caution, but don't feel like I should treat a pregnancy this year vastly differently from last year (I turn 35 this year).
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited August 2017
    Im currently 38 with my 4th, i apparently started "late" with my others born at age 29, 31 & 33. Tbh this pg, im feeling the best i have in any, my energy levels are down but nausea hasnt set in yet
  • kmallskmalls member
    edited August 2017
    sadieb13 said:
    I'm 36 and will be 37 (yikes!) when this one comes. I'm a STM and needed REI and IUI with our first. We tried again for 3 cycles and then hubs said he was done. (He's 10 yrs older.) Then, SURPRISE. A spontaneous and natural pregnancy. Hubs has an 18, 16, and our 3yo. All boys! Fx for a little lady.
    @sadieb13 congrats and welcome! That's amazing you got a surprise BFP. We have an age gap here, too -- my husband is 13 years older than me and will be 48 when this baby is born. He's fine with it, but we definitely laugh when we see pictures of his friends at their kids' college graduations :D
  • sadieb13sadieb13 member
    edited August 2017
    @kmalls
    Thank you! Yes, it's definitely on his mind that he'll be 65 when this one graduates HS.  :D Not to mention that we're sending our oldest off to college in 3 weeks! Poor hubs. Good thing he's a good guy. He's just going with the flow at this point.
  • I am 37 now. This will be my second, and last. I have a hard enough time keeping up with an almost 2 year old!
  • kmalls said:
    sadieb13 said:
    I'm 36 and will be 37 (yikes!) when this one comes. I'm a STM and needed REI and IUI with our first. We tried again for 3 cycles and then hubs said he was done. (He's 10 yrs older.) Then, SURPRISE. A spontaneous and natural pregnancy. Hubs has an 18, 16, and our 3yo. All boys! Fx for a little lady.
    @sadieb13 congrats and welcome! That's amazing you got a surprise BFP. We have an age gap here, too -- my husband is 13 years older than me and will be 48 when this baby is born. He's fine with it, but we definitely laugh when we see pictures of his friends at their kids' college graduations :D
    Age gap here to I'm 33(34@Dd) DH is 12 years old. His oldest is a Sophmore in college and his second is a Sophomore in HS. Then our 2.5yo and this one. I'd like one more but DH isn't convinced. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• kmalls said:
    sadieb13 said:
    Age gap here to I'm 33(34@Dd) DH is 12 years old. His oldest is a Sophmore in college and his second is a Sophomore in HS. Then our 2.5yo and this one. I'd like one more but DH isn't convinced. 
    Scandelous!  :P
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • 35 and preggers with #2. First was born at age 32.
  • *waves* Hi there, I'm AMA too!  I just got my BFP this morning and am 36, will be 37 at delivery.  I was 34/35 at delivery with my DD and they treated me as AMA then as far as testing and more ultrasounds (which, honestly, I was so grateful for), but I think that may have also been because I have an autoimmune disease.  Anyway, excited to connected with other AMA mamas!  :)
  • @ngolimento bahahahha!!! I didn't even catch that. 
  • @ngolimento bahahahha!!! I didn't even catch that. 
  • I'm 40 here (41 @ due date.) My daughter was born a few weeks after I turned 39. I love being an older mom sometimes. I feel like I dont get so worked up about A LOT of stuff!
  • Hi @krrpe99 ! Nice to see you here from Jan 16!  :). I agree that I'm so much more relaxed at 36 than I would have been at 26.  Hope that continues as we add another little one to our family haha!  

The hardest part for me being AMA is having child bearing years going on at the same time as major career stuff - anyone else struggle with that a bit?
  • cseley321cseley321 member
    edited August 2017
    Hi @krrpe99 ! Nice to see you here from Jan 16!  :). I agree that I'm so much more relaxed at 36 than I would have been at 26.  Hope that continues as we add another little one to our family haha!  

The hardest part for me being AMA is having child bearing years going on at the same time as major career stuff - anyone else struggle with that a bit?
    Yessssss, I gave it all up (including a job that paid very well) when I had my first one. I had to go through a lot of BS to get a kid, including IVF, so I figured I should just go all in and be a SAHM until they are in school at least... I worked so hard to get her here, I didn't want to pay someone else to watch her.

I do miss working though and I am planning to work at some capacity in the future. I mostly miss the adult interaction... AND the extra money!

Edited for spelling. Stupid phone
  • krrpe99 said:
    I'm 40 here (41 @ due date.) My daughter was born a few weeks after I turned 39. I love being an older mom sometimes. I feel like I dont get so worked up about A LOT of stuff!
    I'm 40 and will be 41 @ due date also! I also had my daughter at 39. I am calmer with each one!! I have a son that I had at age 33 and I was a ball of nerves! Glad to see I'm not the only 40+ mama!!!
  • @krrpe99 lol I'm losing it!! I meant I'm 41 and will be 42 at due date. Omg. Preg brain already setting in!!!
  • maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited August 2017
    @Crystal321 My loose plan is actually kind if the reverse of yours - become a stay at home mom once all my kids are in school, mainly so I could write at home during the school day (writing is my current main hobby and I'd love to devote more time to it), and so my husband and I won't have to scramble to pick kids up, after school activities, etc. Neither of us gets out of work before 6, which works fine with daycare but I don't know how it'll work with school schedules. On one hand it would be great because I could pursue writing, but on the other hand it would be so hard to walk away from a career I enjoy and have spent years building. And this would only work if we left the LA area and moved to a very low cost of living place where we could afford me staying home, so...I totally haven't figured this out yet. No easy answers in the work/life balance arena!

(Sorry, that turned into a long winded ramble, lol.)
  • Hi! 36 and pregnant with our first! We tried for two years-unexplained infertility. We are thrilled after IVF to be here!!! 
  • I will be 41 when baby is born!  I like being an older mom -- however, I am kind of constantly wondering if this weird thing my body is doing is because of the pregnancy/baby or if it's being 40.  I guess I'll find out when I'm 50.  It also helps that a bunch of my friends are having last-gasp babies too -- even though some of them also have 10 year olds -- it's still nice to be pregnant with friends.
  • Hi! Just turned 35 last week and am expecting our 3rd child :) it is weird to juggle a career and having babies at this time. I had just earned my Master's degree and was working full time when I got pregnant with my first. Eventually went part time but once my 2nd was here I quit completely. So now paying on student loans for a degree I'm not using lol. But figured *knock on wood* I can work once kids are all in school or work part time before that. Hoping we all have smooth pregnancies! 
  • I'm 35, I'll be 36 when little on arrives. Hubbie is 33. My family has a tradition of having babies later in life. My grandmother was 38 when my aunt was born in the 1940s which was scandalous. My mom was 39 when I was born. Sister had her last at 40. Had my first at 33 and it was a rough pregnancy. I have a hard time imaging this will be worse!

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @fishsticks-n-custard Hope you have an easier one this time around!  Any particular issues you're looking to avoid?  My last time around wasn't *that* bad, but I know if I make it through this one without having to walk with a cane for two months due to intense sciatic pain, I will call it a victory of some kind, haha.
  • @maureenmce I had pregnancy induced hypertension and a partial abruption. Also had pretty consistent and uncomfortable braxton hicks for the last month. It was miserable. Hoping my job will work with me for the last four weeks this time. That sciatic pain sounds horrible. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @fishsticks-n-custard Oh wow, that sounds really rough!  Do you have a higher chance of having either of those things happen again since they happened before?  Or is it just a roll of the dice?  I think in my case my OB said the sciatic nerve pain being that severe (and it happening at all) was just bad luck, but I need to double check so I can mentally prepare if I'm likely to get it again!
  • ivdrivdr member
    Hi everyone!
     35 and just found out what AMA was. How embarrassing :o
        I didn't even know I would be considered 'high risk' just yet. My mum has always said that you don't need to worry about pregnancy over 35, unless its your 1st. How wrong is she! 
      Stressing a little today, as this is as far as my last pregnancy progressed in march...I had a mc at 5w3d. 
      I am grateful though, to have my beautiful 21 mth old son and hoping this little bean is going to stick <3