Pregnant after 35

Too much pressure

I've been experiencing this discomfort for the past few days. I dont know if its normal to have too much pressure in your tummy the whole time except when i'm laying down. I want to do some walking in the mornings and do more house chores but my belly is just as hard as a rock, i can feel that it's hardening or tightening, or stretching too much. Can't really tell which is which. Im on my 24th wk/ 6days and my first pregnancy. Does anybody have the same experience?

Re: Too much pressure

• Hi @joycewelsch. Sorry that you're experiencing discomfort. I'm not that far along and never been pregnant before...but hopefully someone else will respond? Maybe contact the doc or also post in your BMB symptoms thread? This board is always napping. Hope all goes well!
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ishmoney, hi thank you for responding. I actually went to see a triage nurse the other night. They monitored the contractions and my baby's heartbeat. 3 contractions in an hour while i was lying down, said was normal. They want me to come back if its 6 contractions/hr.  

Some nurses said that these contractions are normal and can last to your entire pregnancy. They advised me to take it easy,  since contractions are only happening mostly when im active,  i just lay down in my bed, or sit and watch tv. As much as i would to exercise, i have to follow their advise and not put too much effort in doing chores, besides when im up, it is really uncomfortable. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @joycewelsch, pregnancy can really affect people differently. Seems like some ladies are out here found extreme sports with no problems! Smh. I am so glad you and baby are okay. 
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am only 16 wks and have had issues with mild cramps and pressure. My nurse said it was normal and that I am feeling it more because it's my 2nd pregnancy. I was also told to drink water and avoid sudden movements.