Babies on the Brain

Wanted to say goodbye (for good reasons!) *TW?*

Hi there guys!  Not sure if this needs a TW on this board, but anyway, I didn't want to post this in the WTO/TWW because I hadn't been participating there, but I got a surprise BFP this morning!  The night my husband and I decided to move up our TTC timeline to September we got a little carried away and didn't use a condom and...two weeks later, we are both in (happy) shock! Anyway, hope it isn't rude to post about this, but I wanted to say goodbye instead of just ghosting, and I wanted to say thank you guys for being such wonderful company as I waited out my baby fever.  Hugs to you all and I'll miss you guys!  Onto my April BMB, I suppose!  :)

Re: Wanted to say goodbye (for good reasons!) *TW?*

• OH MY GOODNESS!  Congrats!!! 
  • Yayyyyy! And this totally isn't goodbye because I fully expect to still see you around BOTB!
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!! 
  • Congrats! I'll be dirty lurking your BMB :wink:
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Not RUDE! If anything we are all secretly saying I can't wait until my turn!!! Haha I am new on here, I hope this is a place where people feel comfortable sharing the happy news. Congrats!! My husband and I are thinking about moving up the TTC Time. :)
  • Woo!  Congratulations!!!
  • Sounds like a happy surprise! Congrats! H&H 9 months

• mill1020mill1020 member
    edited August 2017
    Wait, I thought you'd posted on Nameberry like a week ago that you were (are) pregnant with a girl?

How could that be true if you just got a BFP this morning?
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • From Nameberry: August 4th, 2017 06:14 PM:

So, we plan to have three children and, weirdly, as we are planning for the arrival of our second daughter next year, we have already chosen the name of our future *third* child...but can't decide on this middle girl's name! I feel like I go back and forth each week but I'm getting stuck. Our oldest DD is Rose and the baby of the family will be either Fox William, if a boy, and Lark Elizabeth if a girl. 
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited August 2017
    @mill1020  Hi there!  Yes, I was planning ahead on Nameberry, for if we had a daughter next year and I got my BFB just a few days after!  Obviously we have no idea if it's a girl or a boy yet, but if it's a boy we have had his name picked out since our honeymoon (Fox William), so I was just brainstorming for a girl.  :)  I realize now that it sounded oddly concrete, but I was just in the brainstorming phase. 

• *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 Lol, at the gif. 

Anyway, @mill1020 sorry for the confusion!  Reading it back again, it definitely sounds more concrete than I meant it.  I just assumed we'd have *a* baby next year and was thinking daughter since our boy name is already solidified.  I know there are a lot of internet weirdos out there, but I'm not one of them!  I've been active on the bump all through my Jan 2016 pregnancy, and I swear I just got my BFP this morning and have just have been baby/baby name obsessed lately.
  • mill1020 said:
    From Nameberry: August 4th, 2017 06:14 PM:

So, we plan to have three children and, weirdly, as we are planning for the arrival of our second daughter next year, we have already chosen the name of our future *third* child...but can't decide on this middle girl's name! I feel like I go back and forth each week but I'm getting stuck. Our oldest DD is Rose and the baby of the family will be either Fox William, if a boy, and Lark Elizabeth if a girl. 
    @maureenmce so to be clear, you intend to have three children, and you have a boy name regardless, but Lark Elizabeth will only be reserved if you have a 3rd girl, and you are still looking for a 2nd born girl name? That is oddly specific  :D
    *Siggy Warning*

edited August 2017
    @lalala2004  Lol, I know!  I feel like Lark is a name for the baby of the family, weirdly.  Fox William I feel is interchangeable, if this baby ends up being a boy.  (I am really name obsessed and probably think about this too much.)  Also, I have trouble finding a third name that isn't SO nature-y as Rose, Fox and Lark, the sort of subtle third sibling name is elusive to me so far.
  • @lalala2004  Lol, I know!  I feel like Lark is a name for the baby of the family, weirdly.  Fox William I feel is interchangeable, if this baby ends up being a boy.  (I am really name obsessed.)
    But then you also need a potential 3rd boy name, right? Or you'll cross that bridge when you come to it? :tongue:
    *Siggy Warning*

edited August 2017
    @lalala2004  We have talked about Samson (which is technically a nature name but not an in your face one) but I haven't fully decided yet how I feel about it.  But the girl name would be the crucial thing to figure out with the next baby, since we already have at least one boy name.  

Edited to add: baby name obsessing has been what has gotten me through the wait to TTC so I probably have done it too much!
  • @maureenmce I do the same thing! We have a girl name picked out, but we're stuck on picking a middle name for our boy first name. All this over a name we may or may not use :innocent:
    *Siggy Warning*

edited August 2017
    @lalala2004 - I know I drive my husband crazy with all the hypotheticals, lol.  

Anyway, since my name obsession has been thoroughly discussed, if anyone has any suggestions for a nature girl name that would fit well between Rose and Fox or Rose and Lark, let me know!  I still haven't found "the one" I don't think.  
  • @maureenmce are you adverse to flower. names since  your DD is Rose?
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004  Yeah, that's why it's kind of tricky.  There are a million flower names I love, but I don't want sibling names that are too matchy matchy or cutesy.  We also can't use June, Juniper, Laurel, Hazel due to various friends' babies.  And we can't use Clementine (which I love) because I was dumb and named one of our cats that, lol.

Some of the ones I've been considering are Mirabelle, Pearl and Daphne, all of which I really like, but I just don't have that "eureka!" moment with any of them.  But maybe (um, definitely) I'm overthinking it!
  • Yayyy, @maureenmce!! Congrats! What a happy surprise  :) 
  • I do like all of those names! A few in that vein I really like are Autumn, Savannah, and Aurora (that one may sound weird with rose, though.
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004  I really like Savannah!  There's a Savannah in Rose's daycare class, but I think I need to be less precious about things like that - there are going to be other people in the world with my kids' names, haha.  I like Rose and Savannah together too.  I like Aurora as well, but I think you're right about it not fitting great with Rose (too many r sounds I think?)  I'll definitely add Savannah to my list though!  :)  Thanks!
  • @maureenmce - Yay!!! I am so excitted for you!! Congratulations!!!
  • Thanks for the congrats, guys! We're still totally in shock but thrilled!  It's been great hanging out with you all. :)
  • ***lurking***

YAY!!!!! Congratulations!!! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Congrats @maureenmce!!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• I'm a bit late (been a crazy week), but omg yay! Congrats!
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Congratulations!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023