Infertility

ER canceled, may do IUI????

i had my day 6 US and bloodwork today, I have 2 follicles, 1-15.6 & 1-16.7, one of the doctors spoke to me and said they would likely cancel my ER but consider triggering me and doing IUI? Has anyone had this done?

Re: ER canceled, may do IUI????

• Yes, I had done it on my last 2 cycles. The converted to an IUI because I ovulated early. The IUI is basically like a pap smear but they put the sperm with a caterer inside the uterus and then you pray for 2 weeks :).
    DOR (FSH 13, AMH 0.48, AFC 6-9)
    IVF #1 -2016 March, antagonist, 5 eggs, 2 fertilized, 3DT - 8 cell and 6 cell no frag, chemical pregnancy
    IVF #2 - 2016 June, micro dose lupron, 3 eggs, 1 fertilized, 3DT 6 cell, BFN
    IVF #3 - 2016 November, estrogen priming + antagonist, 9 follicles, 3 eggs, none fertilized
    IVF #4 - 2017 March, testosterone priming + micro dose lupron, 2 eggs, none fertilized
    IVF #5 - 2017 May, A/ACP protocol, 4 follicles out of 7 seemed to get to required size, ovulated before retrieval, converted into IUI - BFN
    IVF #6 - 2017 July, A/ACP protocol, 3 follicles one stopped growing, LH rising, converted to IUI - BFN
    IVF #7 - 2017 September, antagonist, 5 follicles, 6 eggs,  3 immature, 3 injected, 1 fertilized, stopped growing day 3
  • Thank you, this is my first round of anything, I'm trying to educate myself but am also really wrapped up in the emotions. I have DOR at 40. Are you currently in the 2 week praying phase? They will decide tomorrow if that is the definite course for me at this time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I have my beta on Friday. I am 37 and have DOR too. I am not sure how much the doctor told you, but there are a few protocols out there for DOR and some work better than others depending on the person. I have tried a few( see my signature) and until now for me it looks like antagonist is the best...
    DOR (FSH 13, AMH 0.48, AFC 6-9)
    IVF #1 -2016 March, antagonist, 5 eggs, 2 fertilized, 3DT - 8 cell and 6 cell no frag, chemical pregnancy
    IVF #2 - 2016 June, micro dose lupron, 3 eggs, 1 fertilized, 3DT 6 cell, BFN
    IVF #3 - 2016 November, estrogen priming + antagonist, 9 follicles, 3 eggs, none fertilized
    IVF #4 - 2017 March, testosterone priming + micro dose lupron, 2 eggs, none fertilized
    IVF #5 - 2017 May, A/ACP protocol, 4 follicles out of 7 seemed to get to required size, ovulated before retrieval, converted into IUI - BFN
    IVF #6 - 2017 July, A/ACP protocol, 3 follicles one stopped growing, LH rising, converted to IUI - BFN
    IVF #7 - 2017 September, antagonist, 5 follicles, 6 eggs,  3 immature, 3 injected, 1 fertilized, stopped growing day 3
  • I saw a fellow today, not my regular, I will learn more tomorrow, I was slightly overwhelmed today and didn't ask any questions. I'm writing them down now!
  • str14str14 member
    edited August 2017
    Looks like my last post didn't post. <fingers crossed> for your beta on Friday, please keep me updated
  • @marioana99 is today your beta?