TTC After a Loss
Options

Was due 2/8/18

My husband and I  went in for my 10 week visit on 7/14/17 visit after seeing baby and hearing her heart beat during our initial 6 week visit... we sadly learned that our little one passed away two weeks prior. I took cytotec that same day so she could be released from my uterus. Upon my follow up appt, my OBGYN advised us to wait for one period cycle before we have unprotected so that he could date our next pregnancy. I am so eager to get pregnant again... anyone's have a similar story to share? Any successful pregnancies following a miscarriage and preceding a returning period? This was my first pregnancy.

Re: Was due 2/8/18

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I have definitely heard of people getting pregnant fairly quickly. My Dr. didn't say we had to wait for any # of cycles to start trying again. 
  • Options
     I'm sorry for your loss. I had a mmc D&C on 7-31. I was 8w but measuring 5w6d and had no heartbeat as well.  My doctor said they prefer we wait until after my first af for dating purposes,  but that as long as we wait until after I fully stop bleeding to start BD it's ok. She said should we get lucky enough to get KU right away they can figure out the date.  
    She said we're (women who have a MC) very fertile in the first few cycles and some women are fortunate enough to get KU right away, but never a guarantee.  I'm not holding my breath, but we are not waiting.  We'll see how it goes. From all the messages I've seen so far it looks like determining CD and WTO are frustrating following a MC. I wish you the best baby luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *lurking from Nov. BMB*

I had a loss in January at 8 weeks after 3 months of trying for that one, waited a cycle (two months between waiting for MC stop and next ovulation since my cycles are long), and got pregnant the first month we tried again. My first period was so bad I almost ended up in the hospital, and that's after it was confirmed via ultrasound that everything was cleared out after the MC. My hormones, OPKs, and temps were very unpredictable. Good luck!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss.  It hurts even more after you've seen a heartbeat! I almost wish I hadn't had an early US because of it. I feel like if your loss was due to a chromosomal abnormality it makes sense to try again right away because the likelihood of it happening again right away I think is rare, especially if it isn't a preexisting genetic abnormality.  GOOD LUCK ttcal.  
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss...I don't have a success story to share, yet, but welcome to the group and I hope you find some great support here!
  • Options
    @mrs2mama I'm sorry for your loss - I wish no one had to go through this. I have a similar experience in January except we lost our little bean around 6 weeks, and found out at the 8 week mark that there was no heartbeat. We chose a D&C, however my Doctor said waiting was not necessary. We conceived the next cycle however it was a CP. And the next month was the same (CP), after which we decided to see an RE as this was our third loss. I just now am getting the results to which they confirmed that I have a septate uterus, which is likely causing the miscarriages. If you feel ready to try again, go with your gut. 
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss.  Make sure you properly grieve before you jump into ttc. I did not and my life spiraled into a series of incapacitating panic attacks!  I have finally after 3 months gotten things under control.  But as for your question about getting PG before your next AF. Totally possible.   It is tricky to time O though.  I missed my first O after my loss because the opks were always dark and I didn't see them get lighter and it turned out it was because I was O-ing