Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room Wednesday - August 9

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA?

What brings you here?

How long do you think you'll be here?

How have things been going?

Any R/R?

GTKY: Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why?
Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
Diminished ovarian reserve
BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday - August 9

• Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Wanting the company while avoiding 2u2

How long do you think you'll be here? 22 days and counting

How have things been going? Same old rut. I start subbing next week and I'm eager for it to start. I'm always so bored by the end of summer.

Any R/R?Still not having as much sex as I'd like. Still no period. Same old story from me. I feel so boring.

GTKY: Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why? Hawaii for sure! I prefer tropical weather to cold weather.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @lalala2004 You're nearly there! I'm happy for you :) What sort of classes do you sub for?

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? The conversation! It's nice to have others to talk to who get it.

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully not past October or November. I'm hoping we can start in October, but DH is leaning toward November, since he wants to start after our Arkansas trip. Meanwhile, I like the idea of being able to tell his parents while we're there, if we happen to get it on the first shot.

How have things been going? We're doing okay. I ended up staying home from work today because I woke up with a bad migraine. I can't drive when I take my Imitrex, so there was no way I was going in today. We DID get our house cleaned up! All the laundry is done and put away, and we finally got that bookshelf assembled. Some of DH's storage bins have been emptied onto the bookshelf, which makes me happy.

Any R/R? Rave: We've had a bit more sex this month than we usually do, which makes me very very happy (I really like sex >.> ). Also, a friend of ours from back home is coming down for a spur of the moment trip on Friday. I'm hoping we'll get to spend some time with her, but we're both working all weekend. Still, she'll be in the parks, so I'm sure we can meet up with her at some point :) Rant: Our apartment complex is no longer allowing paper checks, money orders, or cash for rental payments. They want us to pay online only starting Steptember 1. This wouldn't be an issue except that the service they use has a "convenience fee" every month. Which is crap. We shouldn't have to pay a fee just to be able to pay our damn rent. We're not happy about it at all, and this has confirmed our plans to move next August.

GTKY: Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why? I'd like to go to Hawaii, but only because I've never been there. I spent four months in Alaska about ten years ago, and it was absolutely gorgeous. I'd love to go back there someday (maybe take an Alaskan land and sea cruise), but I'd definitely like to go to Hawaii, too.
  • Loading the player...
  • lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited August 2017
    @dreamscapes_ I'm subbing at the school I was teaching at before my son was born. Last year I was a part time permanent sub for two World Geography classes they didn't have a full time teacher for. This year I will just be there subbing every Friday or more as needed. It's a K-12 Charter school and the Middle and High are where I will be subbing. Probably more in the high school.

I would be pissed at a "convenience fee" too. That's not very convenient at all.
    *Siggy Warning*

What brings you here? The wonderful company!!

How long do you think you'll be here? November!

How have things been going? Ok for now. Wedding planning has taken over my life and mind. Less than a month now! 

Any R/R? I'm pretty happy that the summer is winding down. The weather had turned hot, but not awful, like it was a few weeks ago.

GTKY: Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why? Hawaii! I've already been to Alaska, so Hawaii is next on the list. @dreamscapes_ - I went on a cruise/tour and it was WONDERFUL!!
  • @lalala2004 You are getting close!

Are you benched or TTA?
    TTA

What brings you here? Good conversations!

How long do you think you'll be here? Til December-ish!

How have things been going? Doing alright. Been very busy this week which is keeping the baby fever at bay. Like all things, it comes and goes!

Any R/R? Y'all have heard all my work rants in the weekly chat already so I won't bore you lol. My rave for today... as a reward to myself for surviving the last 3 days at work I'm going to get ice cream after dinner tonight, NOM.

GTKY: Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why? This is a hard question cause I would also love to go on an Alaskan cruise some day! But I think I'd pick Hawaii first.
  • @lalala2004 So close! And with school starting up, what's left of your wait will fly by.

@kimberbeep Ditto. Wedding day's almost here! If I remember right, about a week out you hit a point where what's done is done and what's not done isn't going to get done, and time slows waaayyyy down in a good way. Savor that week just as much as the wedding day itself.

@dreamscapes_ Errrrrgggh that sort of crap from apartment complexes makes me so mad! Is it possible to use a credit card with points so that you're off-setting at least some of that fee? Regardless, let management know you're unhappy. They rarely back off of something like this, but you can't be alone in being frustrated and if they get enough voiced complains they just might.

@diaphena Whoooo self treat day. Enjoy every bite!

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Learning from all of you and living vicariously through other people's TTC journeys until it's my turn.

How long do you think you'll be here? October

How have things been going? A-ok. August is our down-time month before stuff gets crazy this fall with house guests, the pup coming home, three September weddings and DH's work picking up (his "season" starts in September and his 9-to-5 becomes kinda 24/7 for a while). Trying to enjoy the quiet and be patient.

Any R/R? I started reading TCOYF a couple weeks ago, and pretty much every day I learn something so cool I want to share it with DH, who is decidedly uninterested. It's pretty clear he's not going to be into tracking charts and strategizing sex dates when the time comes, which is kind of disappointing but fine, as long as he reliably puts out on command ;)  

GTKY: Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why? Hawaii! I'm not really a beach girl (much more city/mountains) but Hawaii feels like such a must-do and somehow I never have. We haven't yet planned a 2018 vacation, and now I feel inspired...
  • @emiliadkay the one thing I was able to get my husband to do was watch The Great Sperm Race. It really helped him realize how amazing it is that anyone ever actually gets pregnant.
    *Siggy Warning*

• @emiliadkay - Thanks for the reminder to slow down and enjoy - it's coming up so fast now!! 

@lalala2004 - The Great Sperm Race? Sorry but that made me lol... though it does also sounds interesting!

Last night my fiance and I were watching a TV show. The scene cut to a couple that had just had sex. The man was putting clothes on and the woman was on the bed, on her back, with her legs in the air. The man told her she needed to get dressed and ready to go, and to stop messing around on the bed. She responded that she needed to sit like that to help keep the sperm in. Well, my fiance made a face and was like, "ew, that's not a thing!!" I turned to him and said, "actually..." His look = priceless. 

What brings you here? Need to connect with others in the same boat as myself

How long do you think you'll be here? probably a few years

How have things been going?  things have been pretty good, at a good point in life but BABY/ies ARE ON MY BRAIN!! 24/7

Any R/R? rave: DH is becoming more and more open/excited about the thought of children. Rant: I'm unsure if it's possible to have PPD after experiencing loss. No one will give me answers!

GTKY: Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why?  Alaska! I and DH LOVE the cold and I would love to see snow (from Australia).
  • @StephLouise35 I honestly can't imagine why it wouldn't be possible to have PPD after loss. Welcome aboard, btw!
  • @StephLouise35 regardless of whether it would be called PPD or not, if you are experiencing depression, you should definitely seek treatment. Depression following a loss is common, I'm sure, and there are many things you can do to take care of yourself.
    *Siggy Warning*

• @StephLouise35. I'm certainly not an expert, but I would bet you can have PPD after a loss.
    **TW** I had a miscarriage a couple of years ago, and it took much longer than I would have guessed to feel normal again.  Mine was really early, too, I think 4.5 weeks along?  So mentally I wasn't hit too hard, because I barely had time to get used to the idea and hadn't gotten attached yet.  But emotionally, I cried at the drop of a hat for at least two months after, sometimes in really inappropriate places.  It took a really long time to feel like my hormones were back to normal and my emotions we're under my own control.  I'm definitely not saying that I had anything close to PPD, thank goodness, just that if I had such a strong reaction when my body was only barely pregnant, I fully believe that there are some serious factors at play when recovering from a loss, and they could result in something very similar to PPD.  **End TW**

And of course, I echo what everyone else has said: if you're feeling like you might be depressed, you should see someone about it.  It'll help even if it isn't PPD, and if it is related to the hormones or any other part of the loss, they can help you cope with that, too.
  • Thank you so much, I relate to this so much!! I was almost 9 weeks when I experienced my loss and ever since i don't really feel the same and it's been almost 2 years. Really loving being able to talk to all you lovely ladies about this! ❤️