March 2018 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self Is Eating 7/20

Re: What My Pregnant Self Is Eating 7/20

• Options
    babybluubabybluu member
    edited August 2017
    I was craving these and ordered some off amazon prime and they sent me 6 containers even though I just ordered 1. I'll take it though! They are amazing if you're wanting to suck on something sweet. They don't have sugar, and they're cold when you eat them. They have a lot of different flavors  

Eta: I didn't realize the pic was so huge 
  • Options
    @jerseygirl9090 why were people saying it was a no-no? I've eaten a lot of it already this pregnancy, and my midwife even suggested it as an extra source of protein for snacks. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jerseygirl9090 The concern about hummus in pregnancy has been the recalls for listeria found in it. If you do a google search you can easily find out more information. 
  • Options
    Really? Hummus too? I haven't been eating it lately because it repeated on me a week or so ago but I had no idea that was a thing. I have a local hummus guy who I trust so I don't know if I'm too concerned personally but I feel like the list of things were not supposed to eat is longer than the list of things we should eat...
  • Options
    https://smittenkitchen.com/2013/01/ethereally-smooth-hummus/

PSA: make this hummus. It is worth the effort. 
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Options
    @jerseygirl9090 my last pregnancy I avoided it bc there was an outbreak of Listeria that year so I was nervous, but my doc says it's ok so I have been eating it this time.  I can't avoid everything!!! But ohhhhh how I miss brie cheese, I don't know how I'll make it 9 months
  • Options
    @vflux33 exactly. I think there's one brand that has more complaints than others but if you just google a quick "listeria recalls" search it comes up with so many things that are not "lunch meat"... I think most recently it was protein bars?! And homemade hummus should be pretty safe. 

@becausescience I just love the Smitten Kitchen. 
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Yeah I already googled it and saw all the recalls and listeria contaminations. I just wanted to her other people's opinions if they were still eating it. I snack on it when my daughter eats it for her snack but I might wait and talk to the doctor my first appointment is Monday. 

@crunchybiologist from what I read online it's because it can contain listeria and there's also been a bunch of recalls in the past. I read that after I ate a bunch of it with my daughter for a snack so I felt super guilty lol. If your midwife says it's okay I wouldn't worry about it I'm gonna talk to my dr tomorrow. 
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• Options
    I just had some Ritz crackers with cream cheese and cucumber and some Mrs. Dash on top and it was DELICIOUS!
  • Options
    I haven't been on this thread all week. I'm hoping to find some ideas to inspire me, but nope, nothing sounds good. 
  • Options
    @bravoandprosecco Do you have a Whole Foods or Trader Joes near you? They sell pasteurized brie! Go forward in joy!
  • Options
    @barrelocarol my doc said it doesn't matter, it's bc of the mold Or something? He did say every once in a while is ok (also his philosophy on deli meat) but I feel the guilt!!!
  • Options
    @justkeeptrying sorry! lol try it though, it's good! Although I'm past the pasta craving now. This weekend it was toaster strudels!
  • Options
    Red velvet Oreos...don't do it you guys. Seriously, you won't stop. DH bought them on our trip, and I'm going to single handedly demolish the whole pack. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @babybluu those look tasty! I had a long standing obsession with chewing gum (like, ridiculous) and ended up with a gut issue related to the xylitol. Now if I eat anything with xylitol, it makes gas and bloating worse. (I know first tri symptoms bring that one anyway, but I just want to put that out there in case you have the same experience with it! Cutting it out would make your belly feel better if it does.)

• Options
    Strawberries and yogurt "fruit dip".
  • Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    edited August 2017
    I'm so proud I ate vegetables and chicken today by way of matza ball soup! I have been so worried about not eating enough vegetables and protein so this is a big victory for me. 
  • Options
    Coconut popsicles are amazing right now. I choked down a veggie sausage and a V8 (the low sodium one- the regular one is gross) today, so that was sort of an accomplishment. I wish I could eat salad. I used to eat at least one a day, but now just looking at it makes me sick.
  • Options
    @HappyMonkey817 Same on the salad front. In fact my aversion started mid-salad. I ate the exact same salad two days in a row, and halfway through the second one I was like OMG GAG. Can't even think about salads now. Or coffee. 
  • Options
    PB & J and salt and vinegar chips this week. Lord help me.
  • Options
    Sargento has these little nut/craisin/cheese snack packs, and instead of buying them, I just portioned out some nuts and dried cranberries into baggies for the pantry, and then cut up some sharp cheddar and portioned that into baggies in the fridge. The sweet/salty mix has been spot on for satisfying my need for both, and the kids love it. It's a quick and easy grab out the door, and fills my void through lunch!

• Options
    All food is gross today.
  • Options
    So, I ended up having chicken nuggets, part of a Filet-a-Fish, and fries last night.....(confession). Haven't had McD in over 10 years.  :(
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My DD and I can eat an impressive amount of Mac'n'Cheese. I made it for her snack today, which I think made up for our sparse lunch on the go. She thought it was funny to have a "meal" food for a snack, but she rolled with it. I should tell her that her new sibling made me do it :wink:

• Options
    Just went to the fair. Pizza. Tom Thumb Donuts. Smoothie. No. Shame. I can't wait to go back for more this week! I felt human eating there! I would like to say maybe it'll stick, but it won't, I probably got myself psyched and hungry, because fair food. And my kids totally love the same stuff as me so lunch was super easy!
  • Options
    Pasta. Pizza. Pasta. Pizza. 
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv I went to the fair today too!  I had a baked potato, pulled pork slider, deep fried cheese on a stick, and deep fried PBJ on a stick, and a pineapple smoothie.  (Some of these were split with my mom incase you are worried for my arteries)  I still have a cream puff to eat.

And we're having salad for dinner.

@mdfarmchick Yum.
  • Options
    In my quest to eat like a child I rediscovered kettle corn today! Highly recommended. 
  • Options
    bb3vj3nbb3vj3n member
    edited August 2017
    currently munching down a poutine and a Coca cola... not healthy But so satisfying
  • Options
    I had a slice of watermelon for dinner. I barely ate at all today. I know it's bad, but I just can't.
  • Options
    I watched JacksFilms "go vegan" for an hour while a burger sat in front of him and now I want nothing more than a cheeseburger.  Unfortunately it's going to be chicken and veggies for dinner tonight, like it's been for three nights in a row now. Ugh. 
  • Options
    Today's craving?

Potato salad and minestrone soup. I hate minestrone soup. Why do my babies always like foods that I don't like??? 

The potato salad is frickin delicious. The soup is on the stove. Can't wait. 
  • Options
    @justkeeptrying I've been craving a ham and cheese for weeks now and I don't even like ham and cheese sandwiches  :D crazy babies 
  • Options
    @ShawnnaO, with DS I craved toasted tomato sandwiches and tea. I hated both of those things. But he wanted them. Strange that he hates tomatoes now. 
  • Options
    @ShawnnaO and @justkeeptrying - My daughter made me want chicken McNuggets. I'm a vegetarian and I don't eat fast food. Lol
  • Options
    Dont judge but I hate the taste of alcohol. I never developed a taste and my taste buds just can't handle it. But, i found butterscotch candies from.Trader Joes that taste like rubbing alcohol and they are delicious right now! 
  • Options
    @justkeeptrying, my babies do the same thing. I craved V8 and other tomato-based foods, and he hates tomatoes. I also craved red meat with him and I hadn't eaten red meat in nearly a decade (just preference, not belief system), and I HOUSED beef during that pregnancy. 

• Options
    I ended up just eating a piece of corn on the cob for dinner. I'd also grilled up some chicken but I just couldn't do it. I'm so sick of chicken. Steak for dinner tomorrow and fish the next night. I need a chicken break  :D