Who is making you mad today? 

Me: 36    DH: 37
Married: 5.27.16
Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 8/8

• muggle621muggle621 member
    edited August 2017
    My work is being a TW. Some employers are nice and let you wait and don't make you start FMLA until after the baby is born. Not mine!!! My boss told the FMLA person I was pregnant and she came in with my FMLA papers last Friday! Since I already had a doctor appt that I had to take 4 hours for they asked me to go ahead and code that to FMLA so now I'm already out a 1/2 day!!! I'm going to lie about the rest of my dr. appts. I already hate it here but the fact they are cutting in on time with my baby REALLY pisses me off. 
    Edited because I can't form sentences. 

• @muggle621 Can they actually do that if you have sick time to cover it? Way to penalize a person for letting them know early so they can make plans. That pretty much solidifies my hope that I can keep this from the masses until the AS. Plus, our HR person left the company last week so we have no one right now. I don't look forward to meeting a new person with, "Hi, I'm pregnant." I hope I like the replacement as much as I did the last person. I couldn't stand the one before her. 

AFM, the Honda dealership can stuff it sideways today. And H can take a big swig of milk while expecting soda. 

Called yesterday to make an appointment for 105,000 mile service. I tried to find what that entailed but came up with junk on initial Google and had about 45 other things to deal with so I trusted the experts. She said it would take 45 minutes and I double-checked it would include the oil change. 

Made an appointment for 7:45 this morning. I go in, tell her I have an appt, she finds it, give her the keys, go sit down. CNN is on blast. It's like a damn movie theater (regardless of the channel, I'm sure we've all had about enough of the current news). Finally I ask everyone else in the waiting area if they mind if I turn it down. 

H calls and starts badgering me about if I told them about the rattle (long story, engine was replaced in March, attention to detail was lacking, it's been back a number of times since for various rattles and vibrations, they have yet to find the source and fix the one that only happens first thing when it's cold and I'm backing down the driveway). I tell him I did but she didn't connect with it and it needs to be a separate trip. He also nags about if I told them it was a new engine. When I tell him that I did, he keeps nagging and asks if I'm sure they know. I tell him I can't exactly just follow the tech around nagging them.

So so he calls them. The guy he talks to tells him they're only doing an oil change and I supposedly "refused the 105,000 mile service". WTF?! H assumes that I just can't make an appointment and calls me to be obnoxious about it. Dude. This entire situation is why I've told you a million times to just handle it. You won't be able to resist micromanaging it so just leave me out of it. It makes me look ridiculous to have my husband step in in the middle.

So, thoroughly irritated with H and furious at the person who made the appointment, I go talk to the guy. Oh yeah 105,000 is a new water pump, spark plugs, and this and that and another thing. Do I want to do it? I tell him that's why I made the appointment and ask for a loaner car because I have to get to work. Then he looks at things a bit more, "Oh, they already did all of these things when they replaced the engine." *eyeroll* nice communication, guys. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Can I vote for my toddler who just can't seem to understand that he cannot bounce and climb and wiggle and kick and elbow my belly especially when I am currently laying on the couch trying not to get sick by being as still as possible. And let's not discuss the injuries to the boobs. Geez kid. 

Also, omg @kiki75. I would lose my shizz all over that whole situation.

And @muggle621 can they really do that if you still have regular sick time?! 

@loganjsmommy1978 Coworker 2 is definitely a twatwaffle. Wow. 
  • jeb0927jeb0927 member
    edited August 2017
    @muggle621
    They definitely can't force you to take FMLA. That's up to you. They CAN say if you don't use intermittent FMLA, we won't protect your job. But how shitty for them to want you to use it now for appointments. 
  • @kiki75 @crossfitbabybump @mdfarmchick  Unfortunately they can do that legally. I am in HR but I'm not an expert in FMLA so I called someone who is just to make extra special sure. 

@kiki75 You deserve a treat after that ordeal!!!! I hope you are are treating yourself today! 

@mdfarmchick I have a similar issue with my pets so I somewhat feel your pain. My cat and my dog keep trying to sit on my boobs. Ouch. I hope you feel better soon! 

• @muggle621 that is nuts! That just doesn't sound right at all... :/

• @muggle621 this makes me not want to tell at my workplace yet! sheesh.. that sucks
  • @loganjsmommy1978 what a twatwaffle. Way to make people feel bad for just trying to do nice things. Good on you for going to get someone to help de-escalate. I would have been screaming at co-worker #2. 
  • @muggles621 I'd be so aggravated. I'm sorry they're doing that! Boo!!

@kiki75 your commitment to the task is better than mine! I'd have a hard time staying the course and going through those annoying conversations by that point--good on ya!

@mdfarmchick I'm having a bigger issue with my 3.5 y-o than I am with my 1.5 y-o with the jumping on and elbows. It just totally slips her mind, and she feels bad if I jump or shift, but she's a ball of energy sometimes and gets caught up in the moment! Poor baby :frowning:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @LiveNLove44 That is the most ridiculous system I have ever heard of. Was someone drunk when they came up with that idea?!!! 

• day38day38 member
    edited August 2017
    @mdfarmchick my 2 year old decided to full on body slam my stomach the other day. I was not a fan of that. Another time he grabbed my boob/nipple while trying to catch his balance. 

My TW complaint. I have a non-negotiable due date for a work related payment I need to make (this week). I can't get the payment through the system because there's a 2 minute set up task that I don't have the authority to do, but the coworker who does said she's too busy. She's fairly inexperienced, and in an entry level position. I'm not her manager, or in her supervisory structure (I report to her manager's boss), but we are in the same department (and sit right near each other), and are on friendly terms. However, when she's needed information that only I can provide, I have always done it within an hour to not hold her up with her work even when I've been swamped. She's known about this for several days and can't take 2 minutes to do it even though she knows she's 100% holding me up. 

DS:
    Pregnant with #2: 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• My TW is MH's cough. First off, it's pretty severe, and he's overworked right now too so I feel bad for him. We're going nuts washing our hands every five minutes hoping I don't get sick since I basically can't take much to help if I do get sick. AND he kept me up half the night coughing. So annoying. ... I will admit part of my annoyance is also related to the fact that I want to be the "taken care of" person right now, damnit! 
  • Oh, OP sorry to make TW Tuesday about my apology lol but I figured this was the place to do it since I was being a TW and I didn't know if I should just make a whole new post or not. :P
  • @vflux33 I'm sorry MH is still sick. Can he sleep on the couch?? Joking. If it makes you feel better DH had severe walking pneumonia for more than two months when I was pregnant with DS in the first trimester and I never caught it. Sleeping in the same bed, in a hotel room while he was taking a class for work for 6 weeks. I don't know how careful we were about touching and kissing during that time because I had no idea he had walking pneumonia. The doctor told him the first time he just had allergies. Kid you not. Anyway, maybe there's a little reassurance in there somewhere for you. And if you aren't doing all the things yet, gargle with salt water and drink lemon or lemon with honey, and cinnamon with honey is really good for a natural cough suppressant. Hope he feels better soon. 
  • @mdfarmchick That does make me feel better, thanks! He offered to sleep in the guest room yesterday but I said no because knew it would screw up his sleep and I want him to get all the sleep he can and get better ASAP... 

Really, they thought it was allergies? WTH. 
  • @mdfarmchick  I totally make my husband sleep on the couch if he is sick! 
    @vflux33 Hopefully he gets better soon and you don't get it!
  • @becausescience He's working from home, which is helping a bit, but I think he should take a full on day or 2 because it's all just too much already. Aaaaaaand you've reminded me how out of touch I am with celebrity culture because I have no clue who Anna Faris is.  :p
  • @loganjsmommy1978 Coworker #2 sounds like a lot of fun. I agree with one of the posters (can't find the post now), that you should write Coworker #1 a small thank you card. Maybe put it in the "snack station" for all the other coworkers to sign. I loved our treat days at work...they really helped if it was a rough day!