Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro Thread - Week of 7/31

2»

Re: Newbie Intro Thread - Week of 7/31

• Yes @nimmle...I agree with @pebbledam and @fishsticks-n-custard.  Go ahead and start temping now.  FWIW I usually don't temp during the days AF is here.  I wait until about CD8 to start temping (I tend to O later in the cycle) and I can still see a clear shift.  I say the more data the better!
  • @dukestar5 @pebbledam and @fishsticks-n-custard Thank you so much. I read the FF website saying that starting at CD1 was the best and so I thought I would wait. Glad to know I can start now and still get a good chart.
  • Loading the player...
  • @knottie3ecaae0a4e9e7538
    Welcome! Few things:
    1. Changing your username will make you easier to tag. You can change it at the knot, then log out then back in here and it will change on the display here.
    2. You may want to put a TW in your intro given your loss (I'm very sorry) and other children. For some of the women who have been here awhile and might be having a rough TTC day, sometimes the mention of previous children can be hard so it's nice just to give them a heads up.
    3. Please join us in TFAS!
    4. I love ghost shows too. Hubbie thinks I'm crazy (because I work in the sciences too) but I find them hilarious. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @fishsticks-n-custard  Thanks!  I had changed my username, forgot to do the log out, log in thing.  And thanks for the heads up on the TW.  Added it at the bottom, but edited to add at the top as well.  Ghost shows are hilarious and I love being scared!! Look forward to getting to know everyone!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @trakenaprevost are you published? My DH has been writing young adult novels but hasn't reached that step yet.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Welcome, @CalebsHabibi! What do you do in Healthcare? 
    *TW* I have a toddler too! 19 month old here. *end TW*

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @Jeinys. Welcome! I love Boston and lived there for a few years.  And cavaliers are the sweetest dogs.  My aunt is a breeder... I keep trying to convince her to give me one for free... it hasn't worked out yet.  ;)
  • edited August 2017
    @dukestar5 we absolutely adore him! He has brought so much happiness into our lives and to everyone that meets him. A social butterfly. 

Boston is truly a wonderful city. So much history. Thank you
  • edited August 2017
    @ifuckingloveglitter - I have a King Charles too! Well, he's technically half King Charles, half Jack Russel. Breeding accident.  :/
    But HE IS THE BEST!

TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• bravolebritybravolebrity member
    edited August 2017
    *** TW for child mentioned***

Hi guys!  I was (mildly) active here in 2014 and 2015 when we were TTC #1.  Excited to be jumping back in!

Ages (you and SO): 
    I'm 32 and MH is 33.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? So, we found out during my pregnancy with my daughter that my husband and I are both carriers of cystic fibrosis.  Therefore, we have a 25% chance of having a child affected by CF.  (Fortunately my daughter does not have it.)  In light of this, we have decided to do IVF with PGD this time around.  If all goes according to plan, we will be doing the egg retrieval process in October, and then implantation the next month if the retrieval went well and the PGD testing can be completed quickly enough.  I'm a bit overwhelmed by the whole process and grateful to hopefully be able to talk to people potentially going through similar treatments.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) We live in NYC and have an 18 month old daughter and two fur babies.

Forum Etiquette Question: Is it appropriate for me to participate in the IF treatment and testing check-ins?  I don't have an infertility diagnosis, but I am going through IVF and would love to chat with people going through similar treatments, but I don't want to be insensitive or inappropriate.  Thanks!!

• Ages (you and SO): I'm 34 and my DH is 39

How many months have you been TTC? 2

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? just BD for now on the days during the fertile window on a few apps. Will probably start tracking my BBT and maybe using an OPK next month. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I work in education and I enjoy snowboarding, going to concerts, going to the beach, listening to podcasts, and traveling. I've been lurking for a few weeks. Trying to make sure I follow all the rules so I'll probably lurk some more since I'm new to TTC but I'm sure once I'm more comfortable using the site and ready to participate, I will. I feel like it maybe hard to keep up with everyone but I get that you need to give support to get it.

• @arieselle Welcome! I hope your stay here is short and that you can quickly move on to your BMB.  You mentioned "a few apps" which implies to me more than one.  Are you using Fertility Friend?  It's what a majority of us use and it's a great app.  I'd highly recommend looking into it.  I'm sure you'll quickly find out that what you think may be your fertile window might not be accurate for you.  Even tracking cervical mucus (if you aren't squeamish) can be helpful to pinpoint when you're fertile.  Temping is great for after the fact and personally I haven't used opks but a lot of ladies here do.  I apologize if this is info you already know, but it just sounded like you might be going based off an app which without your data will use the the typical "day 14 ovulation" and be DTD around that time, and you may be completely missing your FW.  But again, welcome! Feel free to jump into the dailies whenever you're ready!

@bravolebrity Welcome to you as well, I am so sorry for your loss!  I hope you're able to move to your BMB quickly and don't have to hang out here for too long.  What kind of pets do you have?  Also, love the gif!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Ages (you and SO): I'm 32, he's 40

How many months have you been TTC? We're working on heading that way. I hope you don't mind me hanging out with you while we get there ****TW from this point on, pretty much everything mentioned I think...***** My previous pregnancy ended in a healthy baby, but generally a cluster duck every other way possible. The severity of the infections after a c-section led to so much scarring I've already been warned I will deal with secondary infertility. Will. And the PTSD, PPD and PPA left me on a whole bunch of meds I need to wean off, slowly and safely. 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? We are working through how I can have a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery. At this point that involves a lot of research, finding better care than I had last time, finding out more about what it means that I am going to face knowing I "will" deal with infertility according to my obgyn who did the surgery. *I* feel like we won't know until we get to the baby making bit of trying, but I suppose she was the one in there... Anyway, to some degree, emotionally I need to start talking about pregnancy  and birth as a good thing - not "that awful trauma." I *have* to hope that my next one, with competent medical staff, will have a smoother road. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I have one little boy who I love more than anything in this world except maybe my husband. I work in finance, and am a photographer as a hobby. We have a dog and three kitties. My son isn't talking a whole bunch yet, but he loves to chase the dog yelling "cat! cat!" Poor dog! 

• edited August 2017
    A newbie thread for this week appeared (yay!) so I moved my post over there.  :)