Babies on the Brain

Weekly Fitness Check-In 8/7

Current stats if you'd like to share!  (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.)

Fitness game plan for this week: 

Did you meet last week's goals?

Fitness goal for this month:

Anything else you want to share about your fitness plans/journey?  

Any rants or raves?  Frustrations?

GTKY: What are some of your favorite workout gear/clothes?
*Siggy Warning*
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Weekly Fitness Check-In 8/7

• Current stats if you'd like to share!  (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.)
    CW: 140 and change GW: 135
    jog every other day and yoga for active recovery days
    nope nope nope
    Fitness goal for this week:
    I'm going to train for a 5K, so I'm going to try and add a 1/2 mile to my run every week. I did 1.5 mi this morning, so I should be on track for the 5K a month from today!
    I'm excited to have a goal that isn't just about weight loss.
    I'm also excited to run with my dad. I run I the park and DS gets to swing in the toddler swing after so everyone is happy. It works better than when I workout at home and he is climbing all over me! Yoga isn't very Zen when you're being licked and pulled on.
    I love my VS sports bra, but it's too big, now. I need to buy another, I guess. I have a zipper pocket thing to hold my phone and stuff when I run, so that's nifty, too,
    *Siggy Warning*

• Current stats if you'd like to share!  (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.)
    SW: 127 CW: 125? That sounds feel/sound right, but I'll take it! GW: 119

Fitness game plan for this week: BUY LUNCH SUPPLIES. SERIOUSLY NO MOCDONALD'STHIS WEEK.

Lunches: lol no Running: crushed it! 4 runs and 12.6 miles!

Fitness goal for this month: 4/5 no spend lunches (bring healthy lunch to work). 3 runs per week, 9 miles per week

I'm proud of myself both for getting in so much running last week (just ignore me skipping my run this morning to lay on the couch...) and also for indulging in crappy lunches but not OVER indulging

I don't really have much. But I did recently buy some running shorts (I just previously had pants/capris) and they're so much cooler and more comfortable!
  • Loading the player...
  • @lalala2004 - Yay for training for a 5k!  If I don't get pregnant quickly once we start trying soon, I'd love to train for one in the fall!  Or maybe even if I am pregnant, we'll see.  I am SO out of shape cardio wise, I am literally walking on a treadmill at 3.5 right now!  Lol.  So I'm slowly working on getting back in cardio shape.  But I used to do 5ks and love them!  It would be awesome to work my way back into doing one.  I love the Couch to 5k program.

@JennyColada Great job with your running last week!!

@kimberbeep - Congrats on the 2.5 pounds!!  That's awesome!

Current stats if you'd like to share!  (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.)
    I lost another pound finally!  Woo!  Just 8 pounds to go until my TTC goal.
    SW: 215 CW: 193 TTC GW: 185 LONG TERM GW: 150-165

Calorie count and walk as much as possible!

Kind of?  I wasn't 100% with calorie counting, but I was very good with eating healthy/less and walking a ton.

I would looooooove to lose 6 pounds this month! But at the rate I've been going I'd be happy to just get under 190, which is very, very doable.

I definitely plan to gain less weight next time I'm pregnant.  Since I had postpartum thryoiditis (which messed up my thyroid for a year and it's still not perfect) and I'm likely to get that again, I am going to be much more conscientious about my eating.  I didn't eat a lot of junk food when pregnant but I didn't really pay close attention and gained 40 pounds.  Next time I'd love to keep it to 20-25, max.  But in encouragement/patting myself on the back news, at least I've officially lost 32 of those pounds now!  Woo!  

Rant: I do wish I was losing weight faster, but I am happy to be consistently losing.  Rave: I'm almost back into all of my pre pregnancy clothes!

I bought some bright colored workout pants from Old Navy on clearance a month or so ago and I love them!  Only $12!  They were kind of like these pants, but cheaper and didn't have the trim on the bottom:

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1031035&pcid=1031032&vid=1&pid=773456002

• Hey friends! Y'all are doing awesome with the goals this week!

Current stats if you'd like to share!  (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.) None, haven't weighed myself but I might at the end of this week.

Fitness game plan for this week:  Workout 3 times, nightly dog walks, getting more cardio in since last week all my workouts were yoga.

YAAAAS finally. I found a great yoga series on Youtube and have been working my way through that, so I did 3 of them during the week and 1 yesterday.  I did end up skipping one walk with the dog due to thunderstorms which I'm gonna say still counts lol.

Fitness goal for this month: Getting back into a good workout routine.

Just feeling myself this week since I actually made a goal last week lol. Having this check in has helped so much cause before all my goals were too vague, like "oh I should try to exercise more this week.... maybe..... I'll figure it out later." Haha.

I have shorts, leggings, and sports bras all mostly from Target, and for tops I just wear old worn out t-shirts.  I have tried "fancier" stuff before but I honestly don't think they're as comfortable.

@maureenmce Yay for pre-pregnancy clothes!  I also really need to work on my cardio. I have no stamina whatsoever. I think I have been avoiding cardio workouts because I know how bad it's gonna be!

@kimberbeep I like your pre-dinner workout. I exercise at home too cause I can never convince myself to go to the gym after work!

@JennyColada Awesome work last week!! 

@lalala2004 Have fun running with your dad! I have tried having weight loss goals in the past but they have never worked out well for me. Having other types of goals has been more motivating to me too.
  • @maureenmce I definitely gained more weight in pregnancy than I wanted, and
    I was paying attention and even counting
    calories. Then it got to the point that I had already gained so much there was no point and I just said f*%# it and ate what I wanted. I definitely wouldn't want to gain as much again, but I still want to give myself grace. Weight gain is a fact of pregnancy and we have limited
    control over it. I lost the weight once, and I can do it again if I have to!
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 Oh, for sure, I definitely will give myself leeway about it, just gonna minimize the junk and see what happens!  :)  Nutrients, baby's health and my health are the most important thing, of course.
  • Everyone is doing so well!  I'm so proud of you all!

No idea.  I feel like I might be a little smaller, but I don't have a scale, and it's not enough yet to make my clothes fit better.  I'm really torn about getting a scale.  I think watching the number go down would be pretty motivating, but I worry I'd be really discouraged if I started focusing on the number and it didn't go down.

Stick to the new plan: only eat when my stomach says I'm hungry (not just when food sounds good), stop when I'm not hungry anymore (instead of full) and make good food choices.  Also get more steps than average and climb the stairs before and after work.

Most days.  I didn't get the steps in on Thursday and Friday because we got crushed at work.  But I tried to be thoughtful about my food, and I think it helped.

Same as for the week.  Plus finding a way to track progress, either a scale or something else.

I'm wishing I'd started this plan sooner, rather than just wishing I could get more exercise.  It's a lot more manageable than I expected.

I'm just ready for it to be less hot.  It'll be a lot easier to get steps when it's pleasant to be outside.

I don't really have any.  The perk about having a small chest is that sports bras aren't a big deal.  Any of them work fine.  For what I'm doing right now, I just do it in whatever I'm wearing, usually my work clothes.
  • @Secretstapler - We have a scale that my fiance keeps in his safe. Prior to him keepoing it "hidden", I was weighing myself every day, sometimes more than once a day, and would get REALLY discouraged when the numbers weren't going down. It's silly, a little childish, but it works. 
  • Keep up the good work, guys!!

Current stats if you'd like to share!
    UGW is 150 lbs

I re-downloaded the C25K app, and I'm going to start doing that. It's only 3 days a week, so feasibly speaking I should be able to set aside half an hour three times a week for it...

LOL

Exercising 3 times a week would be lovely!

I've always struggled with my weight. The only time I successfully lost weight was in 2012 when I wanted to join the Marines. I lost a substantial amount of weight, but it was also extremely unhealthily. My food intake was fine, but I worked out all day every day. Jogging, kickboxing DVD, weights, push ups, planks... I'd do some work out, eat a small meal or snack and rest for 30m-1hr, and then I'd go do some other workout. I'm just really hoping that I can lose weight in a healthy manner.

Nothing yet!

I just love leggings made for work outs, and an old t-shirt or tank top. I need to either get new leggings or shorts that have a pocket for my phone, or get an arm band for it. I always get scared that if I leave for a walk and don't bring my phone, I'll get kidnapped or not be able to call 911 if there's an accident, or something along those lines. Because that's ever happened in my life.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023