Babies on the Brain

WTO/TWW Week of Aug 6

Feel free to add to this post throughout the week if your symptoms change or if you have any questions. 

If you are a contributing member with a BFP this week, please share your success with us here!

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

WTO - WAYDTGKU: 

TWW - Timing:

TWW - Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: AW Time! Share a picture of your pet! If you don't have a pet, is there any pet you'd like to get in the future?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: WTO/TWW Week of Aug 6

• @izza2 lurking and your pups are absolutely adorable! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @izza2 Such cute puppies! I just want to snuggle them!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: CD 18/ 1DPO

WTO - WAYDTGKU: 

TWW - Timing: EOD (occasionally more) since CD7

TWW - Testing: Holding out until at least 12dpo. Would probably hold out until day AF is due but we are heading to Chicago on what I believe will be 12dpo

R/R: We were supposed to go to a baseball game friday night but my sitter bailed last minute! Ugh! 18 year olds should not have that kind of power over my life! But we found another sitter who came last night and we just went out to dinner. It was a fun date night.

CS/Q:

GTKY: AW Time! Share a picture of your pet! If you don't have a pet, is there any pet you'd like to get in the future? We don't have any pets as of now. We are planning to get a dog when our kids are old enough to lie about taking care of them, so maybe 3-5 years? Then we would get a rescue, hopefully something medium sized that doesn't shed too terribly much. I love beagles!

• Lol @lifesabeach85 - I loved the part about LOs lying about taking care of them. :lol:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 - your dogs are so cute!
    @lifesabeach85 - I'm sorry your first sitter cancelled but I am glad you were still able to go out to dinner.

Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO: 24/10

TWW - Timing: all the days :)

TWW - Testing: Ugh :( BFN this morning. If temp is still up I will test again tomorrow. 

R/R: If AF comes it will be right when school starts back up. I am really hoping she skips town

CS/Q:

GTKY: AW Time! Share a picture of your pet! If you don't have a pet, is there any pet you'd like to get in the future? No pictures sorry :( I have a rat terrier chihuahua mix who it tricolored, a chihuahua who is white with brown spots and a black cat.

• @izza2 Your puppies are SO CUTE omg. I want to snuggle them!

@lifesabeach85 Have fun in Chicago! Have some pizza for me! That's where I'm from, lol. We moved to Florida two years ago because I couldn't deal with the winters anymore. I'm glad you didn't have to miss your date night!

@glitzandglitter Good luck! I hope AF gives you a miss! Your dog sounds like a cutie :)

GTKY: AW Time! Share a picture of your pet! If you don't have a pet, is there any pet you'd like to get in the future? We don't have any pets right now. We almost got a cat, but the one we fell in love with got adopted before we could get the money together for our apartment's pet fee. My old dog passed away the month after DH and I moved in together, which broke my heart, because she was basically my baby. She was a boxer/mastiff mutt. DH's parents have a puggle. We'd eventually like to get a cat and a dog, but they're both going to wait. We're waiting on the cat until after our trip to Arkansas, and the dog until we buy a house. We don't want to make a dog live in an apartment, especially since most complexes here have breed restrictions.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_ I am sorry you didn't end up the kitty you wanted. I hope you find the perfect kitty for you after your trip. When are you going to Arkansas?
  • @glitzandglitter It's okay! It just means he got a good home :) We'll find the right animal eventually. We're going around mid-November, just before Thanksgiving. I've never been there, so I'm excited. We're actually flying into Memphis, since it was cheaper, so we're going to stop at the Memphis Zoo so that I can finally see a real live panda :D
  • @dreamscapes_ where in Chicagoland are you from? DH is from Naperville. We met at a bar in Wrigleyville! Probably won't get deep dish but there is a Portillos Italian Beef in my future 

• @lifesabeach85 The city proper! I was raised in Albany Park (end of the brown line) and lived in Rogers Park (end of the red line) for a year before we moved here :) I actually went to high school not far from Wrigley. I wish I could get beef or deep dish. There's a Portillos in Tampa, but it's too far to go for just a quick dinner. My best friend sent us Lou's as a surprise last year, which was awesome.
  • @izza2 Fingers crossed for O!  And your dogs are freakin' adorable.

@lifesabeach Hooray for ovulation!  Boo for flaky sitters.

@glitzandglitter AF has the worst timing.  I hope she just never shows up for you!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 21/11 if I use my guess for O.  21/5 if I use FF's guess.

WTO - WAYDTGKU: BBT, PNV

TWW - Timing: -1, +1 or -3

TWW - Testing:  BFN today.  I'll probably test again Thursday if I don't see AF.  But I've had some spotting today, so I may not have to wait that long.

R/R: I went into this cycle assuming things would be funky due to the IUD removal, and just hoping to ovulate in a reasonable amount of time and planning to ease into temping.  It turned out to be much more eventful than I expected, and it's been a bit stressful.  I'm actually looking forward to starting a new cycle that goes normally (fingers crossed, anyway) where I can use the new thermometer.

CS/Q: I think I'm going to start tracking CM for the next cycle.  Any tips?  I do plan on reading up on it, but I'm curious if anyone has learned anything they don't mention.  Feel free to say "nope, it's just like it sounds."

GTKY: AW Time! Share a picture of your pet! If you don't have a pet, is there any pet you'd like to get in the future?  No pets.  I'm allergic to all animals with fur, and all of my childhood attempts at non-furry pets ended poorly.  DH would like a dog, and I might consider it when we're done having kids and they're old enough to help with it.  Assuming we can find one I'm not allergic to.

• @secretstapler - sorry about the BFN :(

Another BFN for me again. Temp actually went up slightly from yesterday too so I was hopeful. I know you're not out until AF but I feel pretty out :(
  • @Secretstapler I don't know if you've read this, but the best time to check is after a BM. It tends to force the CM out. You will get used to playing in your CM :grimace: . It sounds gross, but the best way to know what kind it is is to touch it and see.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @lifesabeach85 - I'm just here lurking but I live in the south suburbs, grew up in the west suburbs, and have family in the north suburbs. I currently work downtown! 
  • @Secretstapler yeah CM is one of those things that makes sense when you start taking notice of it for a lot of people. Just make sure you wash your hands before if you go up inside looking for it.

@glitzandglitter I'm holding out hope for you! when is AF due?

@MrsMiller8588 How long is your usual LP? Have you ever had spotting this early before? 9DPO seems waaaay early for AF

@JennyColada That's annoying about YH, I hope his mood doesn't ruin staycation! Otherwise... angry sex?

@kimberbeep Nice! with all that moving around are you cubs or sox?

• @lifesabeach85 yeah I frequently have spotting before AF. My typical LP is 12 days but spot for up to 5 days prior, but this seems early and different. Also the cramps I'm having are like normal CD2/3 cramps. Idk. My body is confusing which is why I have an appointment this week. I'm only testing because of the appointment otherwise I would try to hold out for next Sunday (expected AF). 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @Secretstapler Sorry about the BFN! Hopefully AF doesn't show her face!

@glitzandglitter Fingers are still crossed for you!

@kimberbeep Yay for more Chicagoans!

@MrsMiller8588 Your dogs are adorable, even if the pic is old! I hope you get good news at your appointment, if you don't end up canceling it.

@JennyColada Good luck with O holding out! I hope you guys enjoy your staycation :) Your dog is cute!

• @lifesabeach85 - my mom/aunt/uncle grew up right by Wrigley, so by default, I'm a cubs fan. But TBH, I think baseball is hella boring. I only go to minor league games cause I can walk there form home, the beer is cheap, and they have giant chocolate chip cookie slices!!
  • @lifesabeach85 - I'm not really sure this is my first cycle off BCP after being on them for a while. Last time I was charting (2013) my lp was 10-12 days
  • I'm sorry I've been MIA. The past 2 weeks have been crazy. 

@mrsmiller8588, I'm glad you made an appointment! I'm hoping you end up not needing to go!

@jennycolada, here's hoping O holds out for vacation... or YH gets out of his grumpy mood!

@glitzandglitter, sorry for the BFN. It's still early!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: CD 15

WTO - WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, Tracking CM, HIO

R/R: DS is sick...again. :(

Today was the first day of school. I'm tired but it went well!

CS/Q: come on and O already! I'm usually CD 13 or 14. I'm beyond where FF predicted my FW. Our timing is starting to look bad.

GTKY: AW Time! Share a picture of your pet! If you don't have a pet, is there any pet you'd like to get in the future?

My Scottie and Westie are my profile picture. :)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @secretstapler, sorry about AF! Good luck tracking CM this month. I've been trying to drink more water. I find that I have more when I'm well hydrated. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @JennyColada I hope your H snaps out the funk and you get plenty of humping in!!! I'm jealous of your staycation coming up! I could definitely use one as well. 

@JNCPro3130 keep HIO! Hope you O soon! That's when I'm always glad I'm temping so I know to keep HIO until it's confirmed! 

AFM - Spotting has turned to mostly brown/pink tinged CM and AF cramps still in full force. I'm gonna be pissed if I have cramps the week before AF and during... I am hoping that even if this isn't my month my LP will still be 12 days. Glad I have my appointment tomorrow! 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Ugh sorry your body is giving you a rough time @MrsMiller8588! Our bodies really should just learn to follow instructions!

@JNCPro3130 also ditto about our bodies needing to follow instructions. ;) Maybe you can get in another BD before O?
  • @MrsMiller8588 Will be thinking of you tomorrow! Hopefully it's a productive appointment.

@JNCPro3130 That's frustrating... just have to keep at it I guess... Why can't our ovaries just give us a schedule in advance?

@Secretstapler sorry AF showed up. I've never had an IUD but after I got off BCP my cycles were wonky for a few months, and from what I understand that can happen with any form of contraception. Doesn't mean it will last forever or that you won't O though.

• @MrsMiller8588 thinking of you today! FX for a good appointment!

AFM: Watery CM yesterday and a "high" OPK today...Annnnnd MH is in a major mood. Two days of sucky sleep for him as well as a long day at work today for him and basically we won't be able to HIO until tomorrow at the earliest. FX that I can get good timing from a Thurs/Fri BD (and Sat if temps hold out...). Last time I had fetile CM at CD 12 I O'd on CD 15, which would give us -2, -1, 0, which would be pretty good. BODY PLEASE COOPERATE.

• @JennyColada Thanks I went in this morning and got through all the new patient paperwork and questions with the nurse. Then the Dr popped her head in to introduce herself and apologize because she had to run to the hospital for a delivery. I'm going back this afternoon so hopefully I will have more to share then! 

I hope your H rallies and is able to get the job done even if he doesn't feel like it! Maybe add new sexy outfit will do the trick? ;) -2,-1,O would be great timing!! FX for you!!! 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • @MrsMiller8588 haha I did try on one of my sexy lacy too small bras the other day just to see if it's still worth keeping (versus tossing in the "donate" pile). Luckily I decided that it's not too-too-small to have to get rid of.

I did give MH a heads up this morning too ("no pressure because we don't need to do anything tonight if you're not up to it, but I got a 'high' this morning, so I'm thinking it'll happen on Friday, just FYI"), so hopefully he can get it together. I think the timing could end up being really good too!

• @JennyColada hahaha nice! You are way nice to give him the heads up. I'm normally "ok now or never". Lol
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • @MrsMiller8588 Glad you made it to the appt! Hopefully the doctor has some time for you soon. That can be so frustrating when they are just in and out!

@JennyColada that timing sounds pretty spot on. Sexy lingerie usually does the trick. If all else fails just hop on and do all the work? Who could complain about that...

• @lifesabeach85just hop on and do all the work

I think I love you! 

TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • @JennyColada I quite enjoy visits to Pound Town myself, so... Yeah :D No TMI here.
  • @JennyColada If you texted that to him (and maybe some pictures) would that help put him in the mood for when we got home? 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • I agree with @MrsMiller8588. Try sending him some pictures and dirty talk. That should help ;) It helps with my DH, anyway. He's particularly an ass man, so I'll send him pics of that fairly often.
  • Yeah not tmi at all that sounds fun! I think if I texted that to DH at work he would be running to his car like 

• izza2 said:
    @JennyColada If you texted that to him (and maybe some pictures) would that help put him in the mood for when we got home? 
    ^This!

If I'm in the mood (or we haven't had sex in a couple of days and know I'm in FW) I'll text H some naughty stuff (no pictures because I never know where he's opening his texts!) and he usually comes home expecting bathroom sex. Which is our go-to when DSS is home and it's not even close to bed time. :wink:

I've had to "inspect a spot" on H and "look at the drain pipe" more times than I can remember. :lol:
    Maybe I won't be able to get KU until DS is older. If DH and I went in the bathroom without him he would just stand outside the door and yell. :lol:
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers