Infertility

Low T Semen Analysis

My fiance suffers from low testosterone so his urologist and endocrinologist put him on 50mg Clomid (every other day). Below are his semen analysis results from his exam last October (way before starting Clomid). Please let me know if something looks off. We want to compare old semen analyses (including this one) to his new one before moving on to IVF.
Volume: 1.9 (2-5)
Concentration: 345 million (>20 million) 
Total Sperm Count: 638.3 (>40 million)
Total Motile Sperm Count: 449.3 (
Progressive motility: 2 (>3 on a 0-4 scale)
Agglutination: none (none)
Kruger morphology: 18% (>14% fertile)

Me: 38, unexplained infertility
2 live births from previous relationship; no previous IVF, normal bloodwork
DH: 34, no previous children, normal sperm count/motility/morphology

Re: Low T Semen Analysis

• My DH suffers from low T as well and has been on clomid since December 2015. It has helped increase his T levels and sperm count. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

I'm having trouble deciphering the semen analysis... is that a concentration of 345 million sperm and a total sperm count of 638.3 million? If so, I have never heard of a sperm count being that high!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Loading the player...
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/LadyMillil">LadyMillil</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">I've never heard of too much sperm being a problem. Of course, after the last SA DH had the RE told us that with 7 million/mL natural pregnancy would never happen for us, so it's not exactly like this is an issue I have experience with.</div>
    </blockquote>
    Right???  I'm so sorry you guys struggled and waited so long @LadyMillil but so thrilled your story has a happy ending!!!! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
  • I am so sorry if this came off the wrong way. I got a hold of my fertility doctor and according to him, too much sperm CAN be a problem. It prevents other sperm from swimming properly and reaching the egg. Again, I am so sorry if I offended anyone.
    Me: 38, unexplained infertility
    2 live births from previous relationship; no previous IVF, normal bloodwork
    DH: 34, no previous children, normal sperm count/motility/morphology
  • BababattyBababatty member
    edited August 2017
    @miketx83 Why would you have not discussed this with your doctor before posting it all over the interwebs? I don't think it's ever occurred to me to take any of our test results and run to TB before actually discussing with our doctor. 

Also, +400 million motile sperm? Geez. We were ecstatic when clomid gave my H 10 million motile sperm. Your post is making me irrationally angry because you're making up problems where none exist. And if you're doing IVF it literally does not matter the results as long as you have enough good quality sperm to fertilize the eggs they retrieve--which you obviously do. I have no idea what DH's count was for our IVF cycle.