August 2017 Moms

Weekend Randoms 8/5 & 8/6

What's everyone up to? Are you still rocking a bump, or are you a severely sleep deprived new mama? Tell us what you're doing this weekend! 

Re: Weekend Randoms 8/5 & 8/6

• Came home from hospital around noon today. Between Thursday 5am and right now, I've slept three hours. It's so hard to sleep at hospital and to sleep with a fresh baby. 

Emery has jaundice just like my son did but not as bad yet. Her levels don't require any phototherapy so far but we will see tomorrow after a blood level. I feel bad because it's day 3 and I still only have colostrum. Part of lowering bilirubin is increasing feeds to increase poops, so now I'm supplementing formula and pumping when she takes a bottle. It's frustrating to me that yet again I'm dealing with feeding issues.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @brookedeyo Don't be discouraged! Remember all those PP hormones are raging. Supplementing formula is the best thing for her right now so she can flush the bilirubin out. Even if your milk doesn't come in (which it probably will!), there's nothing wrong with sticking to formula. Get yourself some sleep, mama, and stay hydrated! Hoping Emery's jaundice clears soon. 
  • @brookedeyo, also try to bring Emery into sunlight for a little bit at a time. Our nicu nurses gave us that suggestion for my son, in addition to frequent feedings. 

I'm 39 weeks pregnant today. Leaving shortly for a friend's bbq,  then an event with my in laws tomorrow.  Hoping to go into labor some time this weekend!  My sister (my bff) is leaving on Thursday for 2 weeks in Europe, and I really want her here when the baby is born! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Happy birthday @PinkPrincessPiper !

I did some yard work, took the dogs for a walk, and changed the fridge water filter that's needed changing since we moved in a few years ago.

I'm now binging Hart of Dixie because my pelvis is rebelling against all the walking around and this show is so cheesy and easy to watch. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Happy birthday, @PinkPrincessPiper

I helped DH change both our trucks' oil and cleaned the pool. Laying on the couch for a minute before I go tackle whatever bizarre nesting cleaning my brain picks next. I think we're going to smoke some beef jerky tonight or tomorrow, just getting as much done as I can before LO comes. 

I'm hoping that I go into labor before my scheduled induction next Saturday, but he hasn't made any moves towards coming out, so I may as well use the extra time. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Happy Birthday @PinkPrincessPiper !!!!

Im still rocking a bump. My contractions have stopped all together! Today I went on a 2.5 mile jog with my dad. I'm then going to go get my nails done, wash the car, and I might go to Starbucks! 
  • edited August 2017
    DH's parents arrived from overseas last night...at 10:30 pm. So that was fun trying to stay awake for them to meet DD. They have yet to leave the house today. Meanwhile, my mom and I have done dishes and prepared and served lunch while they sat on the couch holding the baby. I told DH  they get one day to be selfish and hold her all day and then they really need to start helping because I cannot survive two weeks of this. 

ETA  happy birthday  @PinkPrincessPiper!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you @PinkPrincessPiper and @kristenk727!! 

Also happy bday @PinkPrincessPiper! Maybe 35 at 35 weeks is like a version of golden birthday. So wishing some good luck your way. 

• Happy birthday @PinkPrincessPiper

DH and I went to our BF'ing class today and Red Bull Flug Tag afterwards. I'm worn out from walking and sitting in the sun. 

Im making him pack his part of the hospital bag later tonight. We still need to finish the nursery which I'm hoping will be done tonight. I was a giant TW and ordered decals for one wall and I'm seriously regretting that decision. It's going to be a big PITA. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• @PinkPrincessPiper happy birthday!

@SpotConlon I love Hart of Dixie, I need more seasons 
  • Hubby went to a beer thing with his dad today, they're back and he's asleep on the couch. Lol. He didn't drink a ton, I think he mostly wore himself out walking around in the sun! DD and I went for a little nature walk in our local metroparks today, we wandered around for a couple of hours and saw some turtles, fish, blue jays, and a blue heron. She had fun. I was hoping I could walk the baby out ;) I don't think it worked! I've been having contractions (not painful though so prob BH) and lightening crotch today as well as sharp pains in my uterus when the little guy wiggles a lot. 
  • Still rocking a bump at 39 +4! We had a rough day yesterday **tw** my parents had to put our childhood dog down, at 13, because her body was failing her. They were truly afraid that if they put her in the kennel while they come here to visit (she couldn't handle long drives) she might not make it, and that would be even worse. So it's been a sad, tough start to the weekend. **end**. Today DH and I had a nice mid afternoon date and I'm going to bake some cookies in a few minutes. I've felt crampy all day and baby is feeling low, sonim
    hoping some progress is being made!  Tomorrow we are planning to get ice cream and continue waiting! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @littlebug2010 I'm so sorry about your dog. 
  • @littlebug2010 Sorry to hear about your dog :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @littlebug2010 so sorry about your family dog  :'( 

happy birthday, @PinkPrincessPiper!

@secicc12 keep us posted on those ILs! You def need somewhere to vent!

My cold has turned into some serious laryngitis and I have two kids who (like all 2 and 5 year olds) need a lot of guidance and have a lot of questions. They are not really down with the whispering and hand signals I've been attempting. It's crazy how bad I just want baby to stay in now, which is like a 180 from a week ago!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Thanks guys! She was a well loved dog, but it was really her time. Luckily I've had my dog here to snuggle today. It's not easy, but I'm glad she is no longer in pain. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Happy birthday (a day late now), @PinkPrincessPiper!!!

@tova24 Umm I'm completely in awe that you can jog!! Good for you! I seriously get winded going up the stairs and got BH contractions when trying to go on a leisurely run at 32 or 33 weeks (can't remember when). I do 3 mile walks 4-5x a week and it takes me 50mins to 1hr & 10 depending on how active I've been otherwise.

I'm 27+6 and DH and I are trying to maximize our time left with things we likely won't do with a baby for a while. I suggested driving up to the city (about an hour's drive) to eat at my favorite gastropub/brewery yesterday and DH was more in the mood to relax which is fine with me. We made breakfast burritos (froze a bunch), watched TV, hung out by the pool, then went to our neighbor's kid's "20's theme" birthday party which was actually pretty fun. DH has baseball today so I am just relaxing by myself after going to the farmer's market this morning and making breakfast with DH.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @kvh22 I'm just so over being pregnant that I'm working out to keep my sanity. I have to take walking breaks, but it really helps me mentally. 
  • @littlebug2010 sorry about your dog. Dogs really are a huge part of a family. 
    37 weeks today. Had my youngest child's bday party Saturday and a final date night with hubby. 
    My best friend is due 4 weeks after me, went to her baby shower with both kiddos and now I am exhausted, is it bed time yet?! 
  • Definitely a sleep deprived mom here due to a colicky baby. Not doing a ton other than getting out of the house to take a walk around the park with the boy and catch Pokemon while we're at it. DH's mom came to visit today. I feel bad because shes been coming every week, but he said before this in like a 10 year span she only ever visited him twice. I'm glad she's been coming, but feel bad that it took a child to get her to visit more.
    BabyFruit Ticker