April 2018 Moms

Questions! - Week of 7/30

Re: Questions! - Week of 7/30

• @kindbytealikat Sorry.. I'm not following? I know exactly when I O'd, so the age isn't an issue for me.
  • FWIW with DS I had an HCG of 400 or something and it quadrupled in 2 days. They freaked out and thought I was having twins and I had a stat US. But I didn't think it was unusual to double everyday in the beginning 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • looeeze said:
    @kindbytealikat Sorry.. I'm not following? I know exactly when I O'd, so the age isn't an issue for me.
    Maybe I misunderstood your question sorry

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @kindbytealikat Oh I just wanted to know if there was a correlation between how high hcg was and when the yolk sac/fetal pole was able to show on an u/s.
  • @looeeze gotcha as far as I know it's more depending on weeks but idk 

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• ngolimentongolimento member
    edited August 2017
    @looeeze, no there isn't a correlation beyond the loose one of "higher HCG indicates a further along pregnancy".  Which is vague, since everyone and every pregnancy has varying levels at certain times (IE I could be 4 weeks and sitting at 400, while the next lady over could be sitting at 4 weeks with a level of 150).

The fetal pole should be visible around 5 to 6 weeks with a vaginal ultrasound. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @looeeze I go back on the 15! So exciting. 
  • Not sure if this would be better in the symptom board. 
    Have any of you ladies gone from having very few symptoms around week 5 to worse symptoms?
    Today the doctor said that if I wasn't having many symptoms yet, I wasn't likely to. While that would be awesome, I don't want to be caught off guard. I would love to hear your experiences.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @linds0503 - in general I have very few, very mild symptoms in first tri. If/when I do feel anything, it's slight food aversions and mild nausea in the afternoons around 6-7 weeks and it's over pretty quickly. I have yet to have anything hit severely later on. 
  • If I'm 90% sure of the day I O'd/conception, should I consider that for EDD? When I called my OB, they only asked for LMP. It's only a few days' difference, but in pregnancy that can make all the difference at the end.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @linds0503 I think most symptoms don't even start til around 6-7 weeks, so I would enjoy it while you can!
  • If I'm 90% sure of the day I O'd/conception, should I consider that for EDD? When I called my OB, they only asked for LMP. It's only a few days' difference, but in pregnancy that can make all the difference at the end.
    I think your OB will give you your date based off of LMP unless your ultrasound says otherwise.  If you personally want to track by your O date, go right ahead, but your OB will do what they want, in my experience.  It's all an estimated due date anyway, and since you're only 90 percent sure anyway, I'd go with what the doc tells you.
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• Thank you! @kmalls and @looeeze . I guess whatever happens that is where I will be, and it will be my normal.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • linds0503 said:
    Not sure if this would be better in the symptom board. 
    Have any of you ladies gone from having very few symptoms around week 5 to worse symptoms?
    Today the doctor said that if I wasn't having many symptoms yet, I wasn't likely to. While that would be awesome, I don't want to be caught off guard. I would love to hear your experiences.
    With my first pregnancy, my symptoms started around week 6 and peaked around 11-12 weeks before they started to subside.
  • I went to my doctor yesterday snd i didn't see anything in the sonnkgram, he did and it looks like a bean.  He said 4 weeks and one day.  My mom signs for me and is helping me learn the doctors tolls lidless not an ultrascreen it is a sonogram so I am learning from the moms here to ask the number of weaks.  He took blood to measure if the baby is growing and then some more and he Said the number is getting right on the right time.  Is this a beta scale?  Also, i go to a special doctor tonsee me two times a month and make sure things are ok because I am different some probmemsi and I have problems understanding everything and I m 37 and oldef and j also have more problems for he mom fled dkgn fb He is nics and he always lags
  • I'm sorry it cut off before i finished.  I like.m my special doctor.  Mom signs for me to answer and helps the doctkr.  Paul helped we wrote tonight it sound easier to understand.  Thank you, maggie 
  • orangecup said:
    linds0503 said:
    Not sure if this would be better in the symptom board. 
    With my first pregnancy, my symptoms started around week 6 and peaked around 11-12 weeks before they started to subside.
    I am 6 weeks and my symptoms just really started to show up. 
  • @orangecup @beena722 thank you! I kind of felt that what the doctor was saying might be too good to be true. I hope you ladies are coping well with your symptoms.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @maggiebakescakes, yes it sounds like your doctor took a beta scale.  He drew your blood twice to check if your hormone levels are increasing.  Congratulations on the good results!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited August 2017
    @ngolimento I didn't sign the name but the took one day and the two days and they said it was good yes.  A beta scale maybe the name.  Your baby is great too thanks, Maggie 

• The first picture but I can't see anything but doctor said it is good for early.
     @ngolimento thanks, Maggie 
  • Oh no I'm sorry I put it in the wrong place in the room I'm sorry I will move it
  • Oh no I'm sorry I put it in the wrong place in the room I'm sorry I will move it
    No worries, it was related to your question.  Feel free to post your ultrasound to the special thread for it too.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thank you I moved it.  You are so nice thanks, Maggie 
  • For those of you who were tracking when TTC are you basing how far along you are by the first day of your last period or your O date? I'm not sure what ticker I should follow or how far along I should actually consider myself? 
  • @JJMNO1616 I'm going by my O date because I temped and OPK'd and all that jazz. My OB is going by my LMP, I guess that's standard (and dumb, I think) practice. But at the dating ultrasound, it'll get figured out.
  • @JJMNO1616 - I'm going by my LMP because that's what the OB will use. The date will only be changed if the ultrasound shows a difference of 5 or more days from LMP. 
  • While O date is more accurate, I would use LMP unless or until you have a dating ultrasound.   I swear my due date was changed every time I went to see a doctor in the first trimester with my DD.
  • @JJMNO1616 I've been wondering the same. For now I'm going by O date because I know personally it's the most accurate and my cycles are always long and irregular. My EDD based on LMP would be 4 days earlier than the one based on O date (one of my shortest cycles off BCP ever). Guess we'll see what happens at my dating U/S!  Unless it's a huge difference, I wouldn't worry too much - due dates are always just an estimate anyway. How much earlier/later would it be if based on your LMP?
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • So I've never really dealt with heartburn before and now it's killing me and Rolaids and tums aren't helping! What is your go to heartburn remedy??? 
  • @looeeze @holly321 @frenchiekinplusone I was temping and using OPKs as well so I feel very confident about my O day. The thing that kind of confuses me is that FF has my EDD as April 12th with my O day on July 20th. However when I put that into these fertility calculators (like the one on baby center) it says I'm 4 + 2.... but wasn't July 20th only 2 weeks ago? How am I 4 + 2 with an O day two weeks prior? lol I'm clearly confused by how this works.
  • @zombiemom1318, I just switched from Omeprazole (category c) to pepcid (category b). I still have a little bit of breakthrough heartburn, but it is manageable.  Besides, I haven't remembered once to take an evening dose, which I can take.  I have horrible heartburn while not pregnant, if I don't take anything.
  • @JJMNO1616, you would add 2 weeks from  before your O date to be when your pregnancy started, since it technically starts at your first period, but that is based on a regular 28 day cycle. So, the 20th was 2 weeks, 2 days ago, making you now 4 weeks 2 days pregnant.
  • @JJMNO1616 due dates for normal 28-day cycles are based off LMPs because for some insane reason the 2 weeks between LMP and O are considered the first 2 weeks of your pregnancy. If you know you ovulated late, then you just count back 2 weeks from your O date, then add 40 weeks to that to get your EDD. So basically a pregnancy is estimated to be 40 weeks, but the gestational age of the baby would be 38 weeks. So confusing. 
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • @holly321 Thanks for the explanation! I assumed that's what was happening but I wasn't sure. Soo there is a difference of 4 days between the two calculations. I O'ed early on CD11 so I am a little ahead of my EDD based on last period. 
  • @linds0503 I'm in He same situation.  lMP and OD due dates are about 4 days apart. . I'll be having a c-section so it kind of matters to me since we will do elective aboit a week before .  I'd prefer to do it as close to my due date as possible.   At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, but still I'd like to be extra sure .
  • @zombiemom1318 last time I had heartburn I took Tums that didn't help. So I ate a few saltine crackers and sat up for about an hour before going back to bed. Luckily I haven't had a problem since. Just watch what you eat too, stay away from citrus and greasy foods and others that cause it.
  • @zombiemom1318 - I have horrible heartburn even pre-pregnancy and I use the extra strength tums. Seems to work okay for me. I've also hear using apple cider vinegar helps too (drinking or the pill) but I haven't tried it yet.

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • @zombiemom1318 @luna8433 @justkeepswimming8
    I have acid reflux disease so I always keep tums on hand.  With my first pregnancy it made it worse so my doctor put me on preventative medicine Zantac.  It worked wonders during my pregnancy.  I know you can get it over the counter but my doctor wrote a RX for it and the generic kind made it super cheap!
  • Just wondering...is there a best time to take your vitamin? I try to take mine after lunch but sometimes I forget and take it at night.  It had me thinking if there is a better time in the day to take them.