October 2017 Moms

Weekly randoms - 07.31

What are my beautiful expecting ladies up to this week? Anything random you'd like to share? 

Re: Weekly randoms - 07.31

• sofiaberlinsofiaberlin member
    edited July 2017
    I had my first Braxton-Hicks contractions today--it wasn't too bad: I was sitting in the Berlin subway with my son. Otherwise, not much to report. Temps here are in the high 80s which is usually not so bad, but pregnancy definitely changes things. That, and no A/C anywhere...
    How are you feeling, @yasandson?
  • I still have a hard time saying if im getting them or not just yet. Sometimes i feel belly hardens but i thought it was linked to belly movement. Im probably mistaking lol or if im not ill find out soon enough! Its hard sometimes as a ftm mom to figure it all out, everyone have such different descriptions of how you re supposed to feel lol. 
    I noticed i wasnt able to walk as fast as i used to these past few weeks. I also get a little swollen because just like you temperatures here have been around 85... Oh! And baby's movements are not as nice as they used to be. I guess he is running out of space because they tend to get really uncomfortable, sometimes they even hurt! 

So overall, feeling super great TG! Thanks for asking @sofiaberlin
  • Loading the player...
    edited August 2017
    Yes, Braxton Hicks vary, I think. I don't remember having any during my first pregnancy, but then again I was not really aware that they were a possibility.
    This time, it felt like my lower abdomen tightened, and it felt like period cramps for a minute or so. On and off, and on again.

I also get winded super easily. I think my lungs shrunk to half their capacity. Walking up to our third floor apartment with groceries necessitates a full five minutes recovery upon arrival. Ugh.

In other news, a bus driver wouldn't let me on the bus today because my 4yo was finishing up his ice cream. Germans are sticklers for rules, and there's no eating on the bus here. Fine. But he had two bites left to it, I was sweaty and lugging a heavy cart of groceries, and at this point I'm obviously pregnant. Oh, and he was a jerk about it, too. 

I was pretty ticked off. I know, I know, rules... But I may have given him a mean look. And called him an ass--under my breath :neutral:
    edited August 2017
    Darn. Half my message disappeared.

It ended with my son crying because we were kicked off the bus and me lugging the groceries up and down stairs to get to the metro.

But it feels good to vent :smile:
  • I also live on the third floor and since H works 90 hours a week this summer and i cant really lift as much as i used to i have to run them up and down a few times to carry groceries home lol so i feel you!! 
    Oh my God, i would ve used every language i know to tell the driver he s an ass loolll that must ve been sssso frustrating!!!! @sofiaberlin
  • Just thought id take a second to say i like this group and im happy i joined. *Unlike other BMBs* this one is snark free, drama free, attitude free and its members are very supportive. 
    Hope everyone keeps on contributing, and participating more, into keeping it that way for the few weeks we have left!! 
  • I've been seeing what's going on elsewhere.  I'm ~so~ glad we aren't like that.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • yasandsonyasandson member
    edited August 2017
    Lol exactly why i thought id thank you ladies ❤️
    Edited to tag @melarowan
  • I am using my belly as a support/table for my wallet, phone and anything I am holding. Its like a inside joke whenever I realize what I'm doing :D
    edited August 2017
    Ha! @kncollins09, I am currently balancing my book and my luke warm coffee on my belly: I can relate!!

And I second @yasandson's comment wholeheartedly :smile:
    or do I third it, because @melarowan was there first? :wink:
    edited August 2017
    @kncollins09 when i get my coconut oil belly rub H usually places the little coconut pot on my belly when im laying on the side.... Loool im shocked at how everything stays still on it! :) 

Edited because english is hard :p 
  • Feels like this baby has been looking for the exit for the past week. He has me belly dancing lol without even having to put in efforts :p 
    I. Love. It!!!! 
  • My shower is a week from today and I'm stressing a bit. I may have mentioned this before in a different thread but a friend was supposed to drive up with my sister from Miami, a whopping 12 hours away. Friend had to back out of it and fly instead because she couldn't get the same amount of days off of work. My dad just found out about this and is trying to convince my sister not to drive up. Same thing happened for my bridal shower except my sister ended up not coming at all. My dad tried to act like my sister left me high when it was really like SHE BACKED OUT BECAUSE YOU CONVINCED HER NOT TO COME. When I went to my parents' house earlier today, he was all "I need you to help me convince your sister not to drive up here by herself." He starts listing all the reasons why this is extremely dangerous and even tells me this story (which I have a feeling is completely fabricated) where he witnessed someone get ejected from their vehicle. Thanks Dad, I was already worried about her making such a long trip by herself and now I feel worse. THANKS. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
    edited August 2017
    @feeislove I get it: last minute changes of plan are not my cup of tea either, and understandably, you want you sister close to you for your shower--especially because she's hosting, isn't she?... I don't know your circumstances, but is there a way you and your parents can help her get plane tickets to get to you for the weekend? I am very nervous about long car rides myself, so I think I understand your dad's worry... And a 12-hr ride is extremely long to make on her own, and does mean an increased risk of getting tired while driving and having an accident... Maybe you can help her find a better and safer way to travel that will give all of you peace of mind?
  • @feeislove I was in the same situation for my baby shower last month except it was me that was traveling 9+ hours back to Ohio. My friend had to bail on me and my family was very concerned about me driving that distance alone and pregnant. The best advise I can give is to honestly ask your sister if she thinks she can travel that far and trust that she knows her limits. Encourage her to stop, get a hotel, or split the trip to make it easier on her. I know you and your family will still worry but have faith in her decision. 
  • @sofiaberlin @kncollins09 oh she's already made the decision to make the drive. I'm going to be checking in with her periodically through the day. I'm not worried about her getting tired as she's leaving early in the morning and should make it to us before dark. I'm just worried about the stuff that can happen no matter how careful you are. But we just gotta a positive. I know she'll be fine. My mind just goes to dark places sometimes.
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ShreyaRShreyaR member
    edited August 2017
    Some sort of error is not letting me post my full comment :(
  • ShreyaRShreyaR member
    edited August 2017
    Back hurts, shoulder blades hurts, bump is uncomfortable at times, I guess that's Braxton Hicks
  • ShreyaRShreyaR member
    edited August 2017
    Back hurts, shoulder blades hurts, bump is uncomfortable at times, I guess that's Braxton Hicks
    edited August 2017
    @feeislove adding to what @kncollins09 said, i just wanted to reassure you... I do long drives often and although some people wouldnt feel comfortable doing so, and everyone around me is always freaking out when i do, i am very very comfortable driving long distances, in fact i love it!! ... So im guessing your sister knows her limits and feels okay doing it too.... . I totaly understand why you would worry but... Check on her regularly, encourage her to stop for breaks. I tend to stop every two or three hours to get a little walk in, get some fresh air... And what kncollins said about maybe splitting her motel bill for her to get some rest if she needs it could be a great idea too!

@ShreyaR, didnt experience back or shoulder blade aches until now, im sorry u do! As for belly feeling uncomfortable i totaly feel you, i thought it could be braxton hicks too, sometimes i just attribute it to babys position... As im a ftm dont really know what im talking about lol
    Hope you feel better! 
    Edited because of words