1st Trimester

What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

Re: What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

• So I have had what I would call light/brownish spotting but not sure if AF started earlier than normal.  I took a few different ones over the last few days and can't really tell whats going on.

Sorry for the large pictures.  The last picture is the same test as the one right above it, but the next morning.  I also took a digital one this morning that didn't tell me a thing.  Sort of mad about that one.  This is the most frustrating part about TTC.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @KSMcClary I saw your post on TTGP... I just got my positive last Friday, it was suuuper faint in the beginning. Anyway, I do see a line in that first one. The other one the line is not quite at the right spot, so not sure about that. I'd buy a test with pink dye. They tend to be more accurate! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @scoogy19  Yeah the middle picture and the bottom picture are the same one.  This morning when I checked it out it was a lot darker, but not super thick.  So yeah just losing my mind a bit.  I don't like the blue ones as much as the pink ones.  I am going to pick some up from the store on my way home from work.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This time I did a Up & Up early response test first and it was faintly positive. Then I did a Clearblue easy and got a BFN and got all upset. Finally went back to the FRERs that I used last time and got several clear positives. Turned a digi three days later. My advice if you're testing early is just to go with FRERs. I won't ever test with anything else again!

100% agree. FRER turned positive for me around 3 and a half weeks both pregnancies. It's a good, reliable test.
    Same here for me! Around 3 1/2 weeks and got 3 positives. Tried a Clearblue Digital first day of missed period and got the PREGNANT across the screen! Love FRER's!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    @KSMcClary Like I said, I really appreciate you moving this on over here. :) I definitely wouldn't trust that last one since the line is not the width it's supposed to be. What brand is it? I have heard of problems with the Up & Up but have heard good things about Dollar Store and Walmart cheapies (Walmart ones are bout 88c). I'd trust those and FRER over Up & Up. GL!!

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • kialei7kialei7 member
    edited June 2017
    2-3 days late. First response. Used night urine. 
  •  
    I took these 3 this morning. After 13 months of trying I seriously didn't believe my eyes when I checked the first one (one of the wondfo's). Waiting for my husband to wake up so I can tell him!!!
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • Thoughts? I'm on day 39. Cramping and headaches. I swear I see a line but wonder if I'm trying too hard!
  • I posted yesterday and now I'm getting worried. Took 2 more tests today (because I'm insane and want to see the lines darkening) and the wondfo line looks lighter than the previous test from yesterday. The frer is the first I've taken but seems very light at this point. I wasn't temping but I estimate I'm about 11 dpo. I'm very worried about the lines not getting darker and possibly even getting lighter??? Anyone have any thoughts?
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: May 2008
    DD Born: March 2018
    DS Born: April 2019
    Due with #3 December 2020!
  • edited July 2017
    Deleted.
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• I feel like i see something but i'd test again in a couple days. This early in pregnancy your HCG doubles every 2 days
  • edited July 2017
    Deleted
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• muggle621muggle621 member
    edited July 2017
    10 dpo . We've been TTC 6 or 7 cycles . 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• edited July 2017
    Any opinions? Is this just an evaporation line? I'm due for period tomorrow might just go get a digital and take it tomorrow
    update: got my answer this afternoon with a BFP 
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• @kmalls I see another set of lines on both maybe take a clear blue digital? Those came up positive for me even when I had faint positives 
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• msv9msv9 member
    Hi, I am CD 23 and I had a positive ovulation kit on CD 10.  I took a pregnancy test this morning with a morning urine sample like the instructions stated and this is the result I got.  Any opinions on how it looks?  positive or negative? 
  • msv9msv9 member
    Hi, I am on CD 23 and I took a urine pregnancy test this morning with a morning sample.  I had a positive ovulation kit on CD 10 and here is my pregnancy test result.  Any opinions on positive or negative?
  • edited July 2017
    @msv9 looks positive to me! Congrats!
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• Maybe this month is different. Took this last night but my DH doesn't think it counts. The line showed up at about the 3 minute mark so I was jumping for joy by DH made me doubt what I was seeing. 
    I have no idea if AF really showed up last month or not since it was fairly short and barely there. AF should have started 3 days ago so I took a test to see what's up. I'm going to wait a few more days to test again but for now I'm a bit lost. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @KSMcClary I see the line for sure! A line is a line. It is pretty light for being 3 days late, so I'm guessing you O'd late. Make sure to test with FMU. My first 2 pregnancies I loved FRER, but this time around I found them not as sensitive as they have been for me, but who knows. Good luck.

• Second pregnancy. First pic, Easy @ Home Strips. Second pic, FRER at 13 DPO.
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Between 4 and 5 weeks pregnant. Cheap £ shop test and a Clearblue digital test
  • I used First Response Early Result tests. I did 2 the same day because I couldn't believe I was pregnant, lol! I was on birth control at the time... so it was pretty surprising :D The month when I got pregnant, I had been on 3 rounds of antibiotics for a kidney infection. Antibiotics notoriously mess up the cycle for me, so I really wasn't worried that I had missed it. And I didn't notice the earliest signs... sore back, sore boobs, nausea, headaches -- because I get all those before my period, too! It wasn't until I threw up my breakfast and complained to my SO that it occurred to me to test. Because of how messed up my cycle gets from antibiotics, I'm not actually sure how far past a missed period I would have tested.

• masopust said:
    This time I did a Up & Up early response test first and it was faintly positive. Then I did a Clearblue easy and got a BFN and got all upset. Finally went back to the FRERs that I used last time and got several clear positives. Turned a digi three days later. My advice if you're testing early is just to go with FRERs. I won't ever test with anything else again!

100% agree. FRER turned positive for me around 3 and a half weeks both pregnancies. It's a good, reliable test.
    Same here for me! Around 3 1/2 weeks and got 3 positives. Tried a Clearblue Digital first day of missed period and got the PREGNANT across the screen! Love FRER's!!!
    Same for me @vikingmom806 !  Love FRER and did Clearblue Digital on first day and got the BFP!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bd77690 said:
    I used First Response Early Result tests. I did 2 the same day because I couldn't believe I was pregnant, lol! I was on birth control at the time... so it was pretty surprising :D The month when I got pregnant, I had been on 3 rounds of antibiotics for a kidney infection. Antibiotics notoriously mess up the cycle for me, so I really wasn't worried that I had missed it. And I didn't notice the earliest signs... sore back, sore boobs, nausea, headaches -- because I get all those before my period, too! It wasn't until I threw up my breakfast and complained to my SO that it occurred to me to test. Because of how messed up my cycle gets from antibiotics, I'm not actually sure how far past a missed period I would have tested.

Antibiotics weakens the effect of birth control, its notorious for helping make babies. FYI for future reference  :D
  • the first picture was with a cheapie walmart and 2 cheapie target on 7/12. The second pic was with FRER on 7/14. Super faint. The third pic was with a FRER on 7/15 and last with Clearblue on 7/16. 
  • Positive? According to ewcm I'm 16 dpo but could be less, didn't track any other way.  Pictures taken at 6 minutes. With 2014 miscarriage had positive at 8dpo after drying and with son was positive at 10dpo could tell right way. 
  • Erin6983 said:
    Thoughts? I'm on day 39. Cramping and headaches. I swear I see a line but wonder if I'm trying too hard!are you pregnant?
  • jesgurl99 said:
    Positive? According to ewcm I'm 16 dpo but could be less, didn't track any other way.  Pictures taken at 6 minutes. With 2014 miscarriage had positive at 8dpo after drying and with son was positive at 10dpo could tell right way. 
    I see what might be a very faint line. Wait a couple days and take another, either FRER or a digital. 
  • @Gingermom15 only some antibiotics weaken BC, it's kind of a common myth that they all do all the time.

https://goaskalice.columbia.edu/answered-questions/antibiotics-and-hormonal-birth-control-effectiveness

It's always a good idea to be careful if a pregnancy isn't right in the cards for you, but it's also important to understand your risks.
  • My early test, followed by current tests. A line is a line if read in time :) 

• Today i am 2 days late. The top pic is from yesterday evening, i didn't start having a line until 10 minutes...on BOTH of them (which I know you aren't supposed to read after that long...but this is what happened with my last daughter I thought it was negative and chucked it and went back and looked and there was a line!). The second pic is from this afternoon and 15 min later it had a slight line AND an indent. I don't know what to think. HELP!

• This was mine lol it only said positive 
  • Today i am 2 days late. The top pic is from yesterday evening, i didn't start having a line until 10 minutes...on BOTH of them (which I know you aren't supposed to read after that long...but this is what happened with my last daughter I thought it was negative and chucked it and went back and looked and there was a line!). The second pic is from this afternoon and 15 min later it had a slight line AND an indent. I don't know what to think. HELP!

This looks like an evap line, not a positive :neutral:
  • Here are my cheapies and frers from this BFP. The cheapies are Clinical Guard. Hope this helps someone.

History (TW/loss/child):

7/2017 -- miscarriage at 6w
    5/2018 -- DS born 3 days after due date, 8lb 4oz
    9/2020 -- missed miscarriage at 9w / DNC
    3/2021 -- miscarriage at 8w
    7/2021 -- missed miscarriage at 8w / DNC
    9/2021 -- IVF cycle #1 (FET 1/25/22)

• chigirl0330chigirl0330 member
    edited August 2017
    **Removed for TOU violation**