Babies on the Brain

Mirena

Hello! DH and I are starting to talk about #3. We have a son starting Kindergarten and a daughter who will be 3 in Sept. We both work full time. We are hoping to conceive so baby will be due when I finish school at the end of next summer. I have had Mirena since DD was 6 weeks old. Talk to me about working with 3 kids and conceiving after Mirena??

Re: Mirena

• ktbell503 said:
    Hello! DH and I are starting to talk about #3. We have a son starting Kindergarten and a daughter who will be 3 in Sept. We both work full time. We are hoping to conceive so baby will be due when I finish school at the end of next summer. I have had Mirena since DD was 6 weeks old. Talk to me about working with 3 kids and conceiving after Mirena??
    Well, I have no kids yet. Never used Mirena (I was on OCPs for a couple of years and then switched to Nexplanon). So... Not a thing I could say that might be helpful. Good luck!
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • I have a one year old and I just got my Mirena out a couple of weeks ago.  I don't have much to report yet.  So far my first cycle has been kind of weird, but I don't know if it's because of the Mirena, or if my cycle will be different after pregnancy, or if my thermometer is just weird.  I'm pretty sure I ovulated, though, so I'm psyched about that.  I just don't know if it was day 10 or 16.

We do work full time, but I definitely can't speak to three kids.  We just started working on the second.
  • Loading the player...
  • I only had a mirena for a couple of years, but when I got it taken out I went back on BC pills, so can't tell much about that. Four months after BC and still TTGP.
  • Kids mentioned...

I have never used Mirena so no advice on that end but I do have 3 boys and I currently TTC #4. I work fulltime as does my DH. I am also currently a grad student. It is a busy life and I for sure go to bed tired at night but it is also completely doable and I wouldn't trade it for the world. For me, going from 1 to 2 was harder than 2 to 3. 
  • I've had two Mirenas
    First one I had removed and was pregnant with my daughter the second cycle.
    Second one I had pulled 5 months ago and am on my third cycle trying to get pregnant (though I'm breastfeeding too so that's complicating things).

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker