Pregnant after 35

Hi ladies, anyone here?

2»

Re: Hi ladies, anyone here?

• Great to see you back @ishmoney! I will be praying that all goes well for you. 
  • Thanks @ottergirl81! One day at a time! Today, I am pregnant.
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • mindaamindaa member
    ^^ yay, that's so exciting, welcome back!!

Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

•  :) 
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hello to the recent posters! @ishmoney, happy to hear your good news.

My weekly update at 7w5d: nausea and fatigue are becoming a bit more routine for me but I'm hanging in there.  After having some deeper thoughts and discussions about our birth options/plan we've decided to pursue a homebirth (eek!/yay!/wow!whoa!).  I met with 3 different midwives/group and really found a wonderful and special fit today.  Excited to start my care with an incredible midwife next week!
  • @apedota Yay for homebirth!  My dream was a homebirth with a whole labor party (food and music).  If I was 10 years younger...maybe.  My compromise if a birthing center (midwife, add doula).  That is wonderful that you found someone you connect with!!
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • mdogan29mdogan29 member
    edited July 2017
    Hi Ladies! I'm glad to see some activity here again. :smile:
    I haven't been here for about 2 years, other than checking in and posting on the grad board a while back. I have a son who is almost 2.5 years old now. I loved being a part of this board when I was trying to TTC with him after a MC. I'm still friends with a few people I met on here, so I definitely wanted to come back when we are TTC for baby #2. I turned 40 in January and was going to wait a few more months before we started to TTC again, just to add a little more time between my son's birthday and the new baby's and to also focus on losing some weight before getting pregnant again! I had in injury earlier this year and it kept me from going to the gym for 4 months, but I did do some physical therapy and I'm finally going to the gym again. :smiley:
    ----
    ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015
  • @mdogan29 not to be a negative Nancy on this one, but after 18 months of actively TTC I will tell you that a BFN at 5 days late means just that: BFN. It's incredibly unlikely you are pregnant. I had several months where I was late and definitely not pregnant, when I started using OPKs I realized I had just ovulated later. 

Please make sure you are posting your questions in the right group, this is not likely the right place for a "am I pregnant" question. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mindaamindaa member
    @mdogan29, I think I remember you from a couple years ago (my DS turned 2 in June). Sorry to hear about the injury. Hope to see you back soon.
    Me-37, DH-38

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• @tsgray82  Welcome!  It's pretty quiet here.  But glad you're with us just the same.  This is my 4th and SO's first.  Love that grin first time dad's get that they can't get rid of.
  • Hey! I'm 35 and pregs with my 5th. Morning sickness and exhaustion has really been tough for me. All I want to do is be normal but all I'm cacapable f doing is laying here trying not to throw up. That being said, I am so thankful to be pregs with my sweetness. Dr appointment is Aug. 17th. The first one is always the worst for me. So much anxiety builds before hearing that heartbeat!!
  • apedotaapedota member
    edited August 2017
    Welcome again to those checking in! @lebreskawilson- I hope your symptoms start easing up soon and that you get some comfort and reassurance after your first visit (TWW in a different sense now!) 

At 9w5d I'm starting to have less fatigue and nausea than 2 weeks ago, but it still lingers.  Also I'm definitely noticing a bit of a bloated pooch that is here to stay.  

Yesterday my husband and I went for the first U/S and were SHOCKED to be learning that there are 2 babies in there!!  The techs were not very experienced and I haven't yet heard about the report but I think they are mono/di (one placenta but 2 sacs) still To be confirmed.  Sadly too this will change our plan for a home birth (our midwife does not attend home multiples).  So a current struggle is changing my viewpoints/goals on what this pregnancy and birth might look like.  I had an unmedicated quick birth center birth with my first and would really like for a similar experience but am keeping an open mind - healthy babies, healthy mom is what really matters. Also, trying to figure out just how 3 under 2yrs is gonna look.... 

• Wow, @apedota! Congrats and oh no! What a surprise. Well, guess that's why it's a Birth Hopes and Wishes not a Birth Plan. Great hospitals in your area with midwives??
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats!! @ailynk - what an amazing story! You are getting so close, hope those last few weeks go smoothly.

Twins, @apedota, Very exciting! (I say that, but was also extremely relieved to see just a Singleton at my us)
    But after all that work figuring out a birth plan, I understand how emotional it must be. You are still early though and have time to keep researching. 3 under 2 will definitely keep you young!

I am 16 weeks and feeling ok, but looking huge! Popped about 4-5 weeks sooner than last time. Can't wait for the a/s - feel like I'll be able to do a little more prep once I know what we're expecting.
    Me-37, DH-38

• edited August 2017
    @apedota Congratulations on the twins!  I have 11 year old twins and they have been the most exciting, fun adventure.  It was (and is!) a lot of work.  When they are little, they are at the same stage of development, so I think it's easier than having two that are about a year apart and going in different directions!  Change one diaper, do the other one.  Feed one, feed them both.  I would go around asking other twin parents if they were still sane.  They always said yes.  I wasn't sure if I should believe them, but I do now.

ETA: preggie brain, edited for clarity   
  • @apedota congrats on your twins! Exciting!

@ailynk congrats in your pregnancy, I hope all goes great!

@ishmoney welcome back! Praying all goes well for you!

I've been off for a while! I'm 24 weeks now. I'm just now finally staring to feel somewhat better. Although I still have my sick days. I still don't know what I'm having, baby's legs were crossed and the umbilical cord was between the legs. So I know for sure it's a stubborn one. Baby is not a very active one, I figured being 6 months now I would feel a lot of movement. Can't say I feel much of anything, but everytime I go for an appointment heartbeat is strong, I think it was around 140 last appointment. My next ultrasound is Sept 6th. I'm hoping to find out the gender then!
  • Congrats to all on your sticky beans! I'm 46 yrs young and 13 weeks along. It was a total shock to find out. But my DH and I are excited. It's our first together, we both have adult children from past marriages. My youngest is 21yrs, his is 15yrs. We have gotten mixed comments about our pregnancy. But thankfully we are both pretty thick skinned. I'm due Valentine's Day.  So far so good.
  • Congrats to all on your sticky beans! I'm 46 yrs young and 13 weeks along. It was a total shock to find out. But my DH and I are excited. It's our first together, we both have adult children from past marriages. My youngest is 21yrs, his is 15yrs. We have gotten mixed comments about our pregnancy. But thankfully we are both pretty thick skinned. I'm due Valentine's Day.  So far so good.
    Ugh, forget about those mixed comments!  I'm really happy for you and DH!  Awesome news :)
  • Hi all, I'm brand new to TB and have only just found this board. Very happy to find some older Mums!

I'm a 44 year young Brit living in South Africa. DH is 46. I'm almost 8 weeks pregnant with our second child - DS is 3 in November. 

Looking forward to chatting to you all x 
  • Checking in! Haven't been here in a while and am now 17+3 weeks. Have had a few scares along the way that involved bleeding and spotting for the past 3 weeks. Turns out I have a fibroid I didn't know about. Baby has been checked 4 times and every time, all is well. Strong heart beat and lots of movement. FTM so I've freaked out a bit and have just been annoyed with having to wear pads all the time. Hope it gets better soon, but hey, if this is the worst of it, bring on the rest! 
  • Welcome back @kristinwald47, glad things are going smoothly. 
    Geez, I really hope my little bean is not so stubborn, I do not have the patience to wait any longer!

Congrats @no_seriously! How wonderful that you and dh will have a child together

Welcome and congrats @penners73! I can barely see your profile pic on my phone, but you look like a very youthful 44
    Me-37, DH-38

• Hahaha thank you @mindaa, I try my best! Think it's the sea air as I live close to the beach! 
  • I finally found out the gender of baby!! I'm getting my other Boy!! And he's measuring a week ahead so far. Probably looking at another almost 10 pounder here (If not bigger). Lol
  • I finally found out the gender of baby!! I'm getting my other Boy!! And he's measuring a week ahead so far. Probably looking at another almost 10 pounder here (If not bigger). Lol
    Wait!  ANOTHER 10 pounder?!  Congratulations.  And good luck.
  • Thank you! I have about 6 weeks left and I'm ready! Lol This one likes to kick me in the bladder like crazy. I walk up the stairs and feel like I just ran a marathon.
  • Hello! I'm 39 and due in April 2018
  • HI everyone, just found this thread and it's nice to be able to connect with older mums.
    I will be 39 in December, I'm 6weeks 7 days, first pregnancy too.
    We've been trying since 2015, found out I had ovarian cyst late 2015 and had a laprotomy February 2016, turned out I have endo.
    We started trying again around October last year. I lost my mum August 30th this year and went to see my gynea last month , he recommended ivf cos he said I might not be ovulating and another cyst was already forming on the same ovary.
    DH and I were still mulling over how we would go about the ivf, thinking mainly about the cost, only for me to find out I was pregnant last week!. :).
    So it's 6weeks 7 days that I lost my mum and I'm same week pregnant. 
    So grateful.
     I don't have any morning sickness, but I'm super bloated and have a lot of gas and heartburn.
    Above all I'm grateful to God. I was beginning to think I might never get pregnant.
  • Hey all!! Later today my baby boy will be here! I'm 39 weeks today, I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia a couple weeks ago. So doctors are getting him out today. I can't wait!
  • ^^ congrats @kristinwald47! Hope everything went smoothly and you're enjoying lots of baby snuggles.
    Me-37, DH-38

• @mindaa thank you!! Logan James arrived at 1:17pm on the 20th. He was a week early, but still 9lbs 3oz, 20.5 inches. He such a chilled out little guy, loves his sleep! I still can't believe he's here!!
  • I am 38 and will be 39 in January.  Baby #2 is due June 8th (12w4d today).  I am getting excited now that we are starting to share our news. 
  • @rarerestgem I’m so sorry about your mom but  also congratulations on your little bean. I’m so hesitant to post here. I just turned 39 in december too & we were set to start IVF on 1/12 but I just found out I’m pregnant. I’m 13 dpo so it’s obviously so early but wanted to wish you GL and hopefully I’ll be back to join you once I get some reassurance that everything looks good
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Hi all! I am currently 37, but will be 38 when I deliver. This is my 3rd pregnancy but other 2 resulted in 1st trimester losses.  Today I am 8 weeks along.  These last 2 weeks have been an emotional roller coaster!!!  Had ultrasound on 6week1day and saw little peanut with HR of 110. Doctor felt it was low (research suggests otherwise) and had me repeat on 7week1day (this last Tuesday) and baby had grown appropriately but HR was only 113 so I have been a ball of stress.  DH and I have been very infrequent on intercourse because of my 2 previous losses and just don't want to rock the boat, but 2 days ago I started spotting (rusty brown) and then yesterday my horrible, constant nausea disappeared and I feared the worst.  I went to ER really just because mentally/emotionally I needed to know one way or the other, and baby was there measuring 1 day ahead with a HR of 161!! I cried so hard, my husband cried, and even the ultrasound tech got teary.  Such a great Christmas present!!  I can finally relax a bit and enjoy this journey!!  Hope everyone is having a great holiday season!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ^^ that sounds so stressful! Prayers for a healthy pregnancy and rainbow baby. 
    Me-37, DH-38

• Hey ladies! I'm turning 37 this month and am almost 6 weeks along. Nice to see this board getting back up and running, and I hope your pregnancies are going smoothly! 
    BabyFruit Ticker