August 2017 Moms

Weekly Random - August is here!

Re: Weekly Random - August is here!

• Loading the player...
  • First day of maternity leave. I did three straight hours of cleaning. My back hurts. And my ankles look like tennis balls. 
  • DD seems to be getting sick....super. Perfect timing. Hopefully it's just from her teething. She has her 15 month check next Monday, so more good timing. Her vocabulary is exploding which has been fun but she's been something lately. I'm positive she knows something is about to change.

Also, we assembled our double stroller last night. I never wanted to be the double stroller mom but I'm actually excited to use it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @aehogan90 We put together our double stroller last week, and I got the same feeling. I can't wait to take them to the park/zoo/etc! FX your DD is just teething & not getting sick. 
  • @PinkPrincessPiper thanks! She doesn't act sick so I think it's probably just teeth. You are way more ambitious than I am! I don't even want to think about going anywhere with 2 kids yet. But you're a pro, 2 is nothing for ya.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • DH and I narrowed our baby name list down to 2 names.  I thought we would go into the hospital with a list of over 10, at the rate we were going.  I still don't know which is my first choice but I feel good to be at this point because I was starting to get nervous we wouldn't be able to agree on anything.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Gotta love comments from strangers.  A guy who stopped by the office looking for a co-worker made several comments about how I was all belly and definitely having a boy.  I guess it could've been worse, but it's weird when random people comment on how they think I'm carrying.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @Mango517 She can't be serious!!! Drinking out of a two liter bottle!!!! Wow!

DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @Mango517 lolololol what even the what.

definitely spiked! 
  • @britvahok I really tried to control my face, but that is essentially what I looked liked all day.

@mrsmatt1212 Those two stories are the tip of the iceberg.

At one point she asked if she could stand up, I said yes (of course you can stand if needed!) and she literally picked up her purse and walked out of the room for 45 minutes. Came back claiming she got lost coming back from the bathroom that was 25 ft away. Did I mention that she would take her two liter bottle of soda into the bathroom with her? 

I cant believe I had to shove my uber pregnant self into a nice dress and heels all day to deal with her nonsense in the office. 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mango517 45 minute break to walk 25 ft!!! Is it too late to get rid of her and train someone else  :# I think the soda was spiked or she was doing drugs in the bathroom...
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Thanks for listening to my ranting about this crazy new hire! I wish it wouldn't seem petty to list all her transgressions and red flag happenings that happened throughout the day. Maybe I should type up her actions and distribute it to area high schools so they can use that as a pamphlet on the very dumbest things you can do during your first days at a job.

I agree that I think she was on something @britvahok ... I'm so naive about that kind of behavior that I can't tell what she was one but no one in their right mind acts the way that she did yesterday.

@mrsmatt1212 I wish I could fire her! I would have never even recommending hiring her in the first place had they let me conduct a face to face interview since my manager is remote but she's semi local to me. She's shady as all hell.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mango517 that may be the strangest thing I've ever heard. I have no words. I used to work with a woman who would bring a 2 liter of Sunkist to work, but she at least poured it into a cup. 
  • @Mango517 Wow! You have to wonder what her resume looked like or how that interview went. I guess the upside is that this will make them appreciate and miss you so much more while you are gone! 
  • Our dog took off to our neighbor's when I left for my appointment this morning (neighbors texted me). His new collar was supposed to be here tomorrow but is tracking for Thursday so I had to go find one locally. I don't need the added stress of this. We had to take my BP twice because the first one errored out. No nap for DD or me since I had to go find a collar. Not how I wanted this day to go. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @SouthernMama15 that's amazing!!!! I would tell MIL everytime she visits she has to do a chore  :D sparkling bathtubs are the best!
  • Anyone have recommendations for a blood pressure cuff? DH's doctor had mentioned he should check his periodically and he never goes to walgreens or the grocery store to do it so I figure now is a good time to get one so I can check mine these last few weeks of pregnancy and postpartum, too.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• morgy_beemorgy_bee member
    edited August 2017
    I have monitored mine regularly this entire pregnancy. The wrist cuffs are much less accurate than the arm cuffs. @kvh22
  • @kvh22 I bought an arm cuff from walgreens that was digital. I had to monitor mine during pregnancy and now also postpartum.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks, @morgy_bee and @Kathryn0903. The wrist ones definitely look cheaper but the arm cuffs were what was recommended by the American Heart Assoc. I'll def go with one of those.

• Very random, but does anyone have a stick vacuum they love (or even just like)? I need something that's very portable and works well for hardwood floors and area rugs.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mango517 I got the Bissel Bolt Pet (https://www.bissell.com/bolt-2-in-1-lightweight-cordless-vacuum-12v-1313) from Target when it was on sale on cartwheel + employee and redcard discount. I'd say I like it but don't love it. I wouldn't pay $90 for it, but if you can find get it on sale, it's pretty good. I actually had an issue with the battery life due to the foot attachment and after a troubleshooting call with them, they're sending me a new one because apparently the wiring is faulty. It's a chargeable battery which is what I wanted but is a bit of a hassle as I can't do everything on one charge nor can I do both of our cars thoroughly without needing to charge it.

• @Mango517 I have the Bissell Lift-Off Floors & More Pet edition. I love it! My mom got it for me for Christmas and it's the best. It's a chargeable one so you can go wherever with it and has a detachable hand vac. Only con is that it can fill up kind of quickly, but it's bagless so no big deal.

Heres the Amazon link:
    BISSELL Lift-Off Floors & More Pet - Cordless https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006BDOSK8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_GzjHzb62H7XRC
  • @Mango517 I have a Shark Navigator Freestyle and it works well.
  • Apparently the air quality in my area is worse than Beijing due to wildfire smoke coming from Canada. In addition to the heat, it looks like I'm never going outside again.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mango517 +1 for the Shark Navigator Freestyle!