Trying to Get Pregnant

Randoms Thread Week of 7/31

Re: Randoms Thread Week of 7/31

• @thatcrazyauntie Can't you just ignore or close that message that says you can't post yet? It's been a few months since I joined but I feel like I just said yeah okay whatever and closed it. 

You cannot not understand the logic of trolls. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @thatcrazyauntie the problem is that they probably do lurk (I mean, sure, some are MUD, and some are batisht), but they might not lurk this specific board. That's sort of the problem with the bump overall. They've formatted it very similarly to the knot, but on the knot, everyone is getting married or already got married, and no one is sort of in the wings desperately hoping to get married (or if they are, they're a sucker for punishment). Every board on the knot is sort of topic specific, so if you need advice about invites, you go there, dresses somewhere else, and everyone is everywhere. The knot overall is sort of a cohesive whole. Here on TB, it doesn't work that way; there are a lot of different phases in a reproductive journey, and just because someone lurked the chit chat or first trimester boards doesn't mean they'll have any idea what goes on on TTGP, but they probably feel like they've been lurking. It also doesn't help that on a lot of the other boards on TB, the pinned posts at the top seem to almost be more advertising focused, so if you lurk those other boards, it can be easy to get trained to ignore the posts at the top. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @MrsMiller8588 literally for me the post buttons didn't work and there was no box to type in.... But also I'm always on mobile.

@doxiemoxie212 fair enough. I just read the ttgp board a lot before posting and didn't find to too difficult but you make a good point that it's a lot to take in too.
  • @doxiemoxie212 Yes. What you said. Also, whenever TB changes the layout, the boards become a bit less accessible.

TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • @MrsMiller8588. The buttons didn't work for me once I downloaded the app the buttons did not work for me. Which was odd, because I had lurked for a lengthy amount of time signed in in a desktop before hand.  
    @doxiemoxie212. Ha,,there is a 'Not Yet Engaged' board on the knot.  Whew.  They were kind of a bit savage at one time, I felt.  However, now that I lurked (think months off&on then consistently for weeeeeks) & post here, I can appreciate their flow their a bit more.  Andplusalso, what is class pass?
    @lurvleybunchococonuts.  Thinking of you.

Someone gave me a code for a free week of Blue Apron.  Holy yum, people.  Tonight was spiced beef tacos.  Even MH ate all of it!  

• @jrm_14 class pass exists in ny, D.C., la and sf (probably more places? but I just know personally it exists in those places), and it's like.... instead of buying a gym membership or being affiliated with soul cycle or pure barre or whatever you do class pass. Sort of like hotels.com instead of being a rewards member of Hyatt or Marriott? I think it's like $149 for 10 classes/month. I pay more than that for equinox but equinox is eevveerryywwhheerree in ny, and classes are unlimited.... but sometimes it's nice to go to a dedicated studio? Like to do barre in a room built for barre, I don't know. I'm curious about it, and I'm wondering if I'd like it as much as equinox and could save some money. 
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts Sorry to hear you're having a rough TTC day/month. *hugs*

@jsnakehole That's so exciting! Will you're H be going to your show?
  • @SkilledSailor Yes! He's really excited to get to be there for it.

I'm torn- I don't know if I want to do an underbust corset or a thick belt for my costume. I feel like the belt goes more with the go-go dance theme, but the corset would give me more of a chance to add some embellishments. Such decisions.
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @doxiemoxie212 the one drawback to class pass is that studios have limits on how often you can use the class pass. I have two competing barre studios that I like and each is convenient depending on what commute I have that day, so I looked into a class pass rather than a membership at one or the other. However, I would have only been able to go to each studio once or twice a month. If you have a large variety of participants that are convenient and that you are interested in trying, I think it makes sense. 
  • @fishsticks-n-custard. I.love.fall.  I'm about to break out my fall decor soon.  However, there is a difference between fall & Halloween!
  • @cards10 Yas! I needed some things for tomorrow's staging project and legit spent an hour and a half in there! Their decor sorted by color speaks to the perfectionist in me. 
  • @fishsticks-n-custard

IT. IS. TOO. SOON. FOR. HALLOWEEN! Aren't there decorations they could put up for labor day or something? (...what are the decorations for labor day...?) 
  • @fishsticks-n-custard Look, my birthday is Halloween... I LOVE Halloween, really. But that is OUTRAGEOUS...

agree with @nitnat007, I'm not really ready for summer to be done. Everyone is leaving work early and I never get tired of that. 

The Hills  the hills lazy 1x01 GIF

I'm new here, so that drive by was my first experience with that sort of thing. The trolling was unreal. I wanted to save a part of my heart for her in the off chance she really was disabled. But her responses were just coming in too fast and furious. I feel terrible, but I actually read the intro post to my DH. I also showed him the banana gif bc really in all my life, I've never seen anything so glorious. I've even bookmarked it for when I get sad at work. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 I do classpass and I LOVE IT!!!! O got if the first month for 5 classes for a dollar and dnow I do just 3 classes a month for 45 but I try to do things I have never done before and sometimes just when I really need to get some motivation. I would highly recommend it
    Me: 32, DH: 31
    Together: 11/2008, married: 3/2014
    DH: Type 1 Diabetes, (dx 4/15) Celiac Disease (dx 11/14), Treatment induced Neuropathy of Diabetes (dx 7/15)
    DH SA: 11/16: low count and low motility
    DH SA: 12/16: borderline low, count and motility
    1/20/17: BFP, 1/24/17: CP
    5/17:low AMH (0.89)
    6/17: first IUI cycle, 50 mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI: 2 follies, BFN (count 58 million, 97% motility)
    7/17: second IUI, 2.5 letrozole, OPK, IUI: 1 follie, BFN (count 9.5 million swimming- dont know percentage)
    8/17: third IUI, 5.0 letrozole, 

• @_darth Ew. I hate those things.

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @_darth ugh... I friggin HATE earwigs.  Okay I don't like any bugs but eww earwigs are so gross

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @_darth I've found earwigs in my mailbox the last couple days!  :s

• Warning: stupid question not TTGP related but would like the TTGP hive mind for some feedback.

Short version: received invite for my older brothers wedding, there's a number of reasons (in spoiler) I don't want to attend, but what would you do:
    1) Suck it up, be the bigger person, RSVP attending (and go)
    2) RSVP decline
    2a) RSVP decline and explain why 
    4) Ignore invite, don't respond one way or another

Long back story with approximate time-frames cause I really don't remember the exact details :D 
    When DH & I first got engaged my older brother was "dating" a girl who became like a sister to me. Little did we know, they had already gotten married but didn't tell us until a few months later.  When they started having problems DH & I were there for both of them, but my older brother quickly made it clear he really had no interest in continuing to talk/hang out with us.  However, he informed DH & I numerous times that he understood we were close with his ex and would continue to be, no issues.  Fast forward a few months, their divorce is finalized.  DH & I having been engaged for over a year finally start planning the wedding for about 6 weeks later (we tossed around too many ideas and couldn't decide what we wanted to do, so finally we said eff it, here's the date, here's the plan, go.  It was actually great, ended up exactly what we wanted, we're not fancy, and I over think/stress so it actually was less stressful for me doing it like that).  

Back to story... send out messages to get addresses for invites, older brother responds and is gung-ho for the wedding, "yeah, for sure I'll be there!".  Send out invites.  A week or two goes by, someone convinces me that I should at least warn my older brother that his ex will not only be attending the wedding, but she's in it.  I try to call him, no answer, so I message him just FYI (thinking no big deal).  Never heard a word back.  Tried to contact him, no response.  Asked my mom about a week beforehand if he'd be attending, "he doesn't know, maybe he has to work?".  My little brother (who was living with my older brother at the time) attends wedding just fine, no big deal.  Older brother could have driven with him so there wasn't a transportation issue, but nope he just doesn't show up.  A few days go by, no acknowledgement, or congrats sorry I couldn't be there.  Nothing.  

About a month and 1/2 later it's my older sister's wedding.  DH & I are in attendance.  Older brother and his GF show up pre-ceremony, blatantly interrupts a conversation DH & I were having with my dad, and then continues to ignore DH & I.  After the ceremony DH tries to build a bridge by buying my older brother & his GF a drink.  They thank us, but continue to ignore/avoid us for the rest of the night.  Okay, we give up.
    Fast forward ~18months.  Still no contact with older brother.  NBD.  Then older brother announces via FB he's engaged (not to the same girl that was at my sisters wedding, I've never met this girl).  Last week he messaged me, "hey I dunno what the issue is, but I have no problems with you, I'm getting married and need your address"  This was the Monday after my friend passed away, so I responded with my address and that I had just lost a close friend so I'd talk to him when I can deal with it.

Well, I got the invite in the mail today... and it's addressed to me and only me.  I'm waiting to hear back from my sister if her invite is addressed to just her, or her and her husband. But yeah... I know I'm putting way too much thought into this.  I'm leaning towards RSVP decline and leave it at that.  But this is really bothersome to me. I have no ill-will towards him and his fiance but honestly I'm really hurt by him.  I think it's BS that now that he's getting married again, he wants me there and "he doesn't even know what the issue is."  I should probably get over it, but it bugs me that to this day he still hasn't said a word to me or DH about our wedding/marriage.  Am I being super butthurt about this?  How would you guys react/respond?  

TL;DR, I'm just ranting and being a speshul snowflake... Now here's a dancing chicken.

Hopefully this silly duck will make it worth that long read?

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts - Is your older brother my older brother? J/K, but seriously... I don't understand my older brother at all. Based on my personal experience and what you described, I would just RSVP no without an explanation. But that might not be the most popular opinion. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @_darth I don't think I know what an earwig is. Guess I'm lucky? I'll go google. Either way a bug raining down from the ceiling. Gross. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Update to add: just heard back from my sister.  Her invitation was addressed to "The 'last name' Family".  Seals the deal, not going.  My invite was addressed to me, by name only.  No mention of MH (and TW, no mention of my SD).  I am past hurt to pissed now.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts - Have you tried to have a conversation with him about what happened and how it bothered you? Or how his actions have come across to you and YH? Even if you don't attend the wedding or actually repair your relationship, it's worth it to at least get things straight.

One of my brothers and I had an altercation when we went to visit him for his graduation and wedding. He assumed things and made plans around those assumptions, which hurt my feelings, and in the end we didn't attend his graduation or his wedding reception as a result. We were both pissed for a week before we agreed to talk about it. I wouldn't say we're 100% because he said some things that you just can't take back, but we at least still have a relationship. We wouldn't if we hadn't decided to talk about what happened, nor would we know each other's sides.

I'm not saying your brother wasn't in the wrong, because from what you said he acted like a child and should have handled things a bit more maturely, but I would suggest at least trying to figure out what actually happened with him, and why things happened the way they did.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 I hear ya, I think I might eventually write him a letter about it all.  But I'll probably wait until after his wedding (end of September and honestly I'm big enough person to not want to disrupt that for him and his fiance).  Finding out how he addressed my invite versus my sister's and the fact that he's blatantly not "accepting" MH is well... not okay with me.  

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts this is a tough situation but I 100% agree with @izza2 that you should talk to your brother about it. My sister and I have a lot of differences and have had several instances where we weren't talking to each other. It wasn't pretty. And almost every time was elongated bc we both made assumptions of what the other person thought. Once we talked them out our relationship got stronger. I know all families and situations are different but I think talking almost always helps! Hopefully you can work it out, GL :)
  • Am I the only one following what has continued on in April 18? :-\
  • @doxiemoxie212 not anymore!

• @doxiemoxie212 ...which thread should I be looking in?

• @jsnakehole did you catch the drive by that was more like an extended car crash the other day? 
  • @doxiemoxie212 I did! I found what you were talking about.

I will reserve my comments, so as not to get banned.