February 2018 Moms

Product Reviews/"The best of"

2»

Re: Product Reviews/"The best of"

• @mamab92 Good call on the medicine on hand.  I wouldn't have thought of that during my first pregnancy, but my cousin (the pharmacist), gave that to me at the shower.  I was SO glad when we had a gassy, fussy baby and I had gripe water on hand.  I didn't even know what it was until I dug through the baby meds! 
  • Echoing a few previous items here from previous posters...these were my top 10 favorites from my first pregnancy and baby:

1). Leachco back & belly chic body pillow (although I strongly recommend only if you have a king size bed as it is quite large, otherwise you may struggle to find room for your partner/dog/anything else!).  
    2). My Brest Friend (unfortunate name, outstanding product.  Was accidentally gifted two and it ended up being a blessing having one stationed in the baby's room and another in the living room)
    3). Halo Bassinest (the one without the bells and whistles was perfect for my needs)
    4). Dohm white noise machine 
    5). Motorola video monitor with two cameras (we have one mounted and used the other one for travel)
    6). Nuna Pipa infant car seat and/or Nuna Rava convertible car seat (have been thrilled with both)
    7). Avent natural bottles and MAM brand pacifiers
    8). The Pout-Pout Fish book series...not sure who enjoys these more, the baby or the adults in our home :)
    9). Baby bjorn bouncy chair and high chair
    10). Lillebaby all seasons 6-way carrier for baby-wearing (although open to trying something new this time around if anyone has any strong suggestions!)
  • Loading the player...
  • @charlottemom19 oh yes! The Dohm sound machine! We have one in or master now too! 
  • valdezkipvaldezkip member
    edited August 2017
    Anyone have or heard of a baby tub they love? The one I had with my first sucked. She kept sliding down the sling.
    Thank you!
  • alemarie1 said:
    I can't believe I forgot the Owlet!  There's a new version out that I haven't researched, but I had the original and will be using one again.  It's a bit controversial among parents, in part because some users complain about false alarms.  For me, we experienced very few issues, and the peace of mind was priceless.  I was sleeping in the same room as my son while he was in his bassinet for the first 3-4 months of his life, so it may have seemed like overkill to have the monitor as well, but as a FTM it was nice to feel like there was an additional safety measure in place.  
  • valdezkip said: 
    Anyone have or heard of a baby tub they love? The one I had with my first sucked. She kept sliding down the sling.
    Thank you!
    I think I'm going with the blooming bath.  It looks really nice!

I've had the hard plastic babu baths before,  and felt they were kinda a pain in the butt and just used a big sink,  a Tupperware bucket,  or the actual bathtub.  The blooming bath looks like it adds some cushioning and a non slip factor. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • @mamaof5already
    we had a blooming bath for DS2 and used it in our kitchen sink. It was awesome. 

We bathed him on the counter in the bathroom for his first couple weeks (just wipe downs on a warm towel) 

We also had a whale bathtub with DS1 and I liked it. It had a removable section for when he was smaller, he'd just lay back. It also kept him up higher in the tub so I didn't have to lean over as far. We removed the divider as he got older.
  • valdezkip said: 
    Thank you!

I've had the hard plastic babu baths before,  and felt they were kinda a pain in the butt and just used a big sink,  a Tupperware bucket,  or the actual bathtub.  The blooming bath looks like it adds some cushioning and a non slip factor. 
    I haven't heard of anyone that has anything good to say about the bloomin bath. Most people say they are a PITA to store and dry

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• sabriel1 said:
    valdezkip said: 
    Thank you!

I haven't heard of anyone that has anything good to say about the bloomin bath. Most people say they are a PITA to store and dry

Stuck in the box***

I do also want to second this, that it was a pain to dry out. We put it in our main level shower that we didn't use and let it air dry or would put it in the dryer. We didn't fill the sink with water and saturate it though, we'd put it in the sink and then have maybe two cups of water total for the bath. My husband is 6'6" and liked being able to bathe DS2 in the sink rather than bending over the tub. 
  • @alemarie1 we didn't use the owlet, but had the OMA. There were false alarms, but the peace of mind was priceless and allowed us to get much needed sleep. We'll be using it again for this LO.
  • sabriel1 said:
    valdezkip said: 
    Thank you!

Stuck in the box***

I do also want to second this, that it was a pain to dry out. We put it in our main level shower that we didn't use and let it air dry or would put it in the dryer. We didn't fill the sink with water and saturate it though, we'd put it in the sink and then have maybe two cups of water total for the bath. My husband is 6'6" and liked being able to bathe DS2 in the sink rather than bending over the tub. 
    M.y dh is 6'5 having him wash baby in sink is way preferable to a tub. We have a huge farmhouse sink in the kitchen that i think will work great for at least 1 year of baths. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7