Trying to Get Pregnant

Chart Stalk & Questions Thread W/O 7/31

This is a thread where anyone can feel free to request a chart stalk, second-guess FF's interpretation, or post TTC-related questions, regardless of where in your cycle you are. Sometimes FF is wrong. That's where we come in. Get your second opinion here. 

Re: Chart Stalk & Questions Thread W/O 7/31

• izza2izza2 member
    For those of you who drink RRL tea -- where do you get it? Amazon? A health foods store? What brand(s) do you recommend? Do you drink it hot or cold?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 I drink the Traditional Medicines brand. I get it at Whole Foods or I order it on Amazon or I get it from the bodega downstairs. I also tend to drink the.... I think it's called Healthy Cycle? Or something? Instead of JUST RRL, but that's just because that's what I ordered in bulk on Amazon last time. I drink it both hot and cold depending on how I'm feeling.
  • Loading the player...
  • @izza2 I get this brand from amazon. I always liked the flavor better cold so I drink it iced. Usually make a pitcher and keep in the fridge. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• A bit TMI, I started using a new (better) PNV, and now my pee is super yellow. Like neon yellow. I drink plenty of water. Has that happened to anyone else? Is it a bad sign or NBD?
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @lalala2004 yep, that's what has always happened for me with PNVs. I've heard it's because it actually breaks down more which is better for absorption? I have not one single clue if that's actually true. 
  • @lalala2004 Mine did that when I started taking Folate instead of Folic Acid. 

• Y'all. What is with these people on the interwebs that say to use actual raw egg whites as lube when TTC? This cannot be a thing people do, right? I've seen OBGYNs quoted online saying to do it. What! 1) uhhh I have some questions about bacteria, but 2) really? crack and separate an egg before sex, and then, what, spoon it into your vagina? ....is this a thing people do? is this a thing YOU'VE done? Pls tell. I am so curious. 
  • stemgirl11stemgirl11 member
    edited July 2017
    @lalala2004 Happened to me, too! I switched to another brand (supposedly a better one) a couple of weeks ago and the change happened after that.

@doxiemoxie212 What the...? Yuck.  :s
    Me & DH: 28
    EDD #1: 4/2018
  • @fishsticks-n-custard I have no idea! I guess because it's better than saliva or non-preseed lube or dryness? But like, really? REALLY?
  • @lulu1180 omg, on what planet are any of those things more convenient than an HPT, lol
  • I wish I knew @doxiemoxie212 lol.  I wonder if anyone has ever gotten a "positive" from one of those results and tried to tell a doctor they're pregnant.  Um, yeah, I'll stick to the actual scientifically proven HPTs sitting in my bathroom cabinet

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • I've read about those homemade pregnancy tests. And I feel like sugar tends to clump when wet. I don't know, I'm not gonna pee on any to find out. 

So, my gyno called with my bloodwork results, and everything was fine except my testosterone was a little elevated- it's supposed to be 45 and mine was 46. She said if I don't get KU by December I should come in to discuss infertility treatments, but that feels a little premature (especially since we've had like 2 real cycles of trying). I'm debating seeing an endocrinologist to get a second opinion on the blood work. Good idea or am I being a hypochondriac?
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @jsnakehole I don't think second opinions are ever a bad idea. Especially if your results are so close to normal. 
  • @jsnakehole Totally agree with @cards10 Nothing wrong with getting a second opinion. I think it is smart really. 
  • Good morning ladies! This is my first month charting and I was wondering if you could give me some insight. I thought that three days of rising temps would give me crosshairs but it still hasn't. Is this because of the OPK? I don't have a monitor. I just marked the varying lines for my personal reference as L, H, or Peak. I had the highs as positives before because they were all the strongest I usually get until the last one was clearly much better. 

Chart in spoiler because it's a big ol' screenshot. 

• @nitnat007 @lalala2004 Thank you ladies! I must have misunderstood the three days thing before.
  • Alright, I have a question - sorry in advance, it's a little long. So, my RE prescribed 50mg Clomid days 5-9 this cycle, and ovulation was confirmed by US and a temp rise to be on CD17. Even though we knew ovulation was not on CD14, she scheduled a progesterone test for CD21. When I asked her about it (becasue I thought it needed to be done at 7DPO) she said that it would be fine, and said if she checked it earlier it would allow more time to correct it if it was low. Well, I got the blood work done today and my progesterone was 6, and they really didn't give me a clear answer as to whether or not that's normal for 4dpo (it sounds low to me). They said that they wanted to check it again a week from today at 11dpo, which seemed weird to me. Does anyone has any insight on this? It just doesn't seem right to me, but I'm also not a doctor. 
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • @Cricket648 *not a doctor* I've been stalking charts and graphs of progesterone trends post-ovulation, and it looks like the rate at which it rises can vary significatly. In some examples it raises within a day, and hovers around the peak for (however long), and in others it creeps up gradually toward a peak. FX!

Me: 33, DH: 36
    Married and TTC since 6/2016
  • @doxiemoxie212 I read that about using egg whites (or vegetable oil) this evening!  I actually meandered into here to ask about the consistency of preseed because as @fishsticks-n-custard cks-n-custard said, I don't want to be walking around with egg whites in my underpants!  "Pressed  mimics natural body secretions" makes me wonder if I'll be dripping fake egg whites. 
  • @jrm_14 - I'm not a fan of pre-seed, but it's far more like wet CM than EWCM. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @jrm_14 We use preseed, but I don't usually follow the directions (ie the plunger stuff). I just use it like I previously used other lubricants (we used astroglide before and the consistency is similar to me). Uh *TMI* warning... I just squeeze a small amount in my hand and give a short handie as foreplay then proceed as usual. We usually need to reapply 2-3 times during sex because it feels like it gets sticky and dries out. 
    (Ugh, I hope that wasn't overshare. Just wanted to let you know our experience). I've read other posts from women who use the plunger method that it does get a little messy. I think @doxiemoxie212 has used the plunger before (sorry to tag you if I'm misremembering).