Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check-In: Week of July 31st

Good morning PGAL mommies! Hope you're hanging in there. This summer is FLYING by. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong and Have a wonderful week!!

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Do you have any fur-babies? How do you think they'll react when a new human is in the picture? (Post photos, please!!!  :)I love seeing pics of pets 
Me: 28 DH: 29
Married: 4-25-2014
TTC: March 2015
BFP: 2-18-16
Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
D&C: 4-2-16
TTCAL: May 2016
IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PGAL Check-In: Week of July 31st

• How far along are you? 
    About 6w6d? Waiting for confirmation.

How big is baby? 
    Firecracker

Appointments coming up?
    Vitality check w/ u/s Wed. First OB appt on Friday but hopefully moving on to a birthing center.

Emotionally, pretty okay. As I've ranted elsewhere, not wanting to go back to work tomorrow! Physically, exhausted and trying to eat around the queasiness and disinterest.

A heartbeat!

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    This dumb fatigue is what I'm ranting about. I haven't been able to grade papers because I fall asleep.

GTKY: Do you have any fur-babies? How do you think they'll react when a new human is in the picture? (Post photos, please!!!   I love seeing pics of pets 
    Sorry, no fur babies!
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• How far along are you? 
      About 4wks. 

How big is baby? 
      Poppyseed

Appointments coming up?
      Bloodwork tomorrow am!

Very anxious!! 

A heartbeat

Rants/Raves/Question: 
      The unknown!!! I just need to know all is fine!

GTKY: Do you have any fur-babies? How do you think they'll react when a new human is in the picture? (Post photos, please!!!   I love seeing pics of pets 
      Sorry, no fur babies! 
  • Loading the player...
  • nmd9168nmd9168 member
    edited July 2017
    How far along are you? 13 weeks, 1 day

How big is baby? As some ladies have said on this board before, the sizes are really weird and depend on the page you're looking at. I've seen a Meyer Lemon, a peach, a pea-pod, a chili pepper, or a Matchbox Car. 

Appointments coming up? Routine Check-up tomorrow. (Aug 1st) and then nothing until Aug 28th

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Since I've had my NT Scan, I've been feeling a little better emotionally. The baby looked great, so my anxieties have been somewhat relieved. Not completely gone. I've also been really bipolar in my moods. I'm either in a great mood or very cranky, b***chy, and pessimistic. Physically, I've been feeling pretty good. It's been pretty warm here in MI the past few days and I had a few outdoor activities, and I have noticed that I'm overheating way more quickly now that I'm pregnant. Also, unfortunately, I think I may have a UTI (ugh!). 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm definitely looking forward to my next US when I find out the baby's gender. That should be somewhere around Mid-September.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rants: So, we finally started to tell people and just as I expected, my in-laws were very excited, but then started to get on my husband's case about why we waited so long to say something and immediately started bugging him about how HE needed to call his grandparent's and invite them over for dinner to break the news. AGH!!!! We ARE NOT having a party to announce the baby, especially just for his grandparents. Everyone else was cool with a phone-call, so they're just gonna have to be okay with it, too. I know that some people don't understand being cautious after a loss, but it's better for me if I'm just able to tell them. smh.

Raves: I've been feeling a little bit better physically, which is nice. To prevent my husband's team from forfeiting, I played softball yesterday. I was quite warm, but it was really fun and I did well. I also have my appetite back, mostly. I've been craving lots of sweets. lol

GTKY: Do you have any fur-babies? How do you think they'll react when a new human is in the picture? (Post photos, please!!!   I love seeing pics of pets I have a 2 year old dog named Barry. He is an Aussie-Doodle (Australian-Shepherd and Poodle Mix). He is the center of attention most of the time, so I'm not sure how he'll react to a new baby. He's very very snuggly and sweet, so I hope that's how he treats the new LO. I guess it will be a lot of retraining of boundaries, and what-not. We'll just see how it goes. Here's Barry's photo!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ishmoney I can definitely understand not wanting to go back to work. My husband was whining so bad about going back today after having a week off. I'm also dreading going back in Sept when the kids are back to school. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi Barry!  Lol.  @nmd9168, I just need a food and nap plan!

@sprkls8506, have a great bloodwork appointment!  One day at a time!
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Welcome @sprkls8506!!! Best wishes for your blood-work tomorrow morning!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ishmoney well an u/s Wed sounds good!!! I would be looking forward to that!!!

@nmd9168 I'm glad some of your anxiety is relieved! I feel like after a loss is so hard. I wouldn't want to have a big thing to tell people either! I hope a phone call makes everyone happy! :) Cute fur baby! 
  • How far along are you? 9w7d

How big is baby? Cherry

Appointments coming up? Thursday for followup US & official dating. Doctor wanted to wait until I was 10w because I'm measuring almost a week behind where I should be with LMP. However, based off of when I got my first BFP, and the fact that my cycles have been wonky since my Feb d&c I think I'm alright. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? EXHAUSTED! And nervous. Also still nauseous & sore boobs

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Finding good fetal growth and a good HB.

Rants/Raves/Questions: None at the moment. I'm actually all good for a change

GTKY: Do you have any fur-babies? How do you think they'll react when a new human is in the picture? (Post photos, please!!!   I love seeing pics of pets We have three dogs, a cat and a rabbit. I wish I had pics on my phone right now! I'm not sure how they'll react but my husband has a firm hand on controlling the dogs. (1 black lab/mastiff/catahoula mix, 1 rottie mix, & 1 dachshund) The cute thing is since I got pregnant, our lab has been a total mama's boy. He has to have his head in my lap at all times and if I'm out of the room & he hears me make any noise he has to run I  to see what's wrong. He's the one I'm most worried about since he freaks out and noises but my husband said he'll keep a close eye on him at all times with the baby.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Okay, I know I already ranted, but I thought maybe some of you would be able to relate. lol I'm getting frustrated because apparently if your borderline plus sized, you aren't allowed to have cute maternity clothes. GAH!!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • nmd9168 said:
    Okay, I know I already ranted, but I thought maybe some of you would be able to relate. lol I'm getting frustrated because apparently if your borderline plus sized, you aren't allowed to have cute maternity clothes. GAH!!!!!
    Am I alone in not wanting the skin tight tops? I have a thing about not wanting tight clothes on my stomach and it's so hard to find the flowing tops that I remember when I was preggo with DD. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• @rainafire77 Not at all! I don't mind showing off the bump a little bit, but I don't want everyone to see the rest of my fat rolls. lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you?   3 weeks, 4 days.

How big is baby? Bump app is a rebel and says chia seed instead of Sesame seed.  So hip.

Appointments coming up?  I am scheduled for my first scan at the end of August.  I love my OB because she is chill, but in this one instance, it backfires when you want to be seen before 7 weeks.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?  In denial mostly, though I feel in my gut that this is going to follow through.  Last month I could feel that the MC was coming.  Between the pain, rugged temps, and ghosty tests, I knew.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?  Hearing baby's HB

Rants/Raves/Questions:. I'm really not up to telling my in-laws I am pregnant.  They are SO full of drama, and made last month so incredibly awkward.  I was pressured into telling them because it was "fair" due to my parents knowing immediately (they are into wine and notice when I refuse a glass).  Hopefully the MC struck home that it has to be "fair" to me too.

GTKY: Do you have any fur-babies? How do you think they'll react when a new human is in the picture? We have two cats, and both are pretty used to my 2 year old, so it shouldn't be a difficult addition.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • How far along are you? 18 weeks, 1 Day

How big is baby? Artichoke

Appointments coming up? My anatomy scan, one week from today!!!  I'm so excited to find out whether my baby is a little boy or a little girl!  My husband is desperately hoping for a little boy.  I'll be happy either way as long as baby is healthy!

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Excited for my anatomy scan next week!  I'm also a little anxious, but hearing my baby's heart beat with my at-home doppler helps ease that anxiety.  Physically, I'm always tired.  I started slowly getting back to the gym.  I'm able to walk slowly on a treadmill for 30 minutes and do a little bit of light weights.  I'm hoping that my short workouts give me a little boost in energy!  The heat here in CA could also be attributing to my fatigue and not wanting to do anything. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Short term, I'm eager to reach week 20 and my half-way mark!  After that, I can't wait to complete my second trimester :)

Rants/Raves/Questions: My only rant is the heat!  It makes me sluggish and uncomfortable.  Raves: in a week I have my anatomy scan!  Following that, my husband and I are taking a much needed stay-cation for some rest and relaxation.  I'm eager to be heading towards the ocean and cooler weather! 

GTKY: Do you have any fur-babies? How do you think they'll react when a new human is in the picture? (Post photos, please!!!  I love seeing pics of pets ) I wish I had a fur baby!  *TW* My sweet puppy died at 13 years old this past December.  I had him since I graduated from high school.  He lived long enough for me to tell him that we were expecting our first baby last December.  I'm not sure he understood, but I did get a few happy licks!  Sadly, I lost both my puppy and had an MMC around that time.  Maybe after baby, by husband and I will look to adopt a fur baby! 

**~About Me~**
    Married: 06/13/16
    BFP: 10/25/16     MMC: 01/24/17 (12 weeks)
    BFP: 04/23/17     Due Date: 01/01/18
  • New to forum! 
    Bit of background: I had an induction and delivery in March 2017 at 21 weeks pregnant. Have an 18 month old little boy who is my world! 

I'm 11 weeks along this time around. 
    Baby is size of a lime. 
    I have 12 week scan coming up and am beginning to feel anxious. Part of me wants to ask them to turn the screen off so I can't see and try and read into every shadow! Would that be weird?? 
    Emotionally I've been quite good until recently and now it's all sinking in that I'm in a position where my heart could be broken all over again. 
    No rants or raves (today!) just thanks to have a community like this to share how I'm feeling. Thanks for being here :) 

• @bigred226 Welcome!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker