Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 8/3

Month/Cycle

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKYWhat is something you wished would cease to exist?

Re: WTO Thursday 8/3

• Loading the player...
  • @nitnat007 I coach all star cheerleading. They're a very talented team but there are some girls that quit instead of push themselves to do something difficult. And sorry about your rude person - people are ass hats sometimes. But bring on the weekend!
    @mileswithmyles ditto on the opk +! And fidget spinners :D
  • @cards10. Woot for EWCM!  I totally agree with centipedes. 
    @nitnat007 ohhhhh those sweatpants make me give the ultimate side eye. Ants need to leave in a firey edit pronto. Sorry about your non-dog person encounter.

Month/Cycle: 2/2
    CD: 14
    WAYDTGP: 
    R/R: I hopped over to TWW yesterday as everything pointed to O.  However, I had another U/S yesterday that showed I hadn't yet.  Womp.  The shame.  It is pretty late for me at this point (typically 23 day cycle).  I'm grumpy. And confused.  
    CS/Q:  
    GTKY:  Gravy.  Goose liver pate/foie gras.  AF.  Sand.  The pink cabinenets in my office.  Mice. Snakes.  
  • @cards10 centipedes are gross, that's too many legs. 

@nitnat007 sorry about the erratic temps :/. What happened with the non-dog person??

@mileswithmyles fidget spinners are THE WORST. My school outright banned them, which was a great choice, I think. 
  • Whoops, missed some peeps

@fishsticks-n-custard student loans would be a good one! Sorry about the fight with DH, those are stressful :( 

@jrm_14 confusing charts suck, sorry that happened. 
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited August 2017
    @paleoprincess. Yesssss to sammich!  YH's family all distortes words like that and drives me batty.  "May-nerds" (Menard's).  "Crab Racoons" (Crab rangoon).  "Fwench Fwies" and on and on.  Like, seriosuly, your children are grown up.  No more child talk.  It clearly irritates me. 
    ETA:  
    @fishsticks-n-custard. Sorry about the fight and likely lack of HIO tonight. And those student loans  :s And mine.  
  • @darkstar42 FEEL BETTER SOON!!!!!!!!
  • @jrm_14 reading that made my skin crawl! I'm sorry you go through that, people grow up, and we need to
    talk like it. 
  • @jrm_14 sorry about the confusing cycle, come on ovaries, figure your ish out!
    @paleoprincess your chart is pretty. Weird that it groups watery as better than EWCM. And hell yes to chewing noises, gross!
    @fishsticks-n-custard wow he's very passionate about Dr. Who I guess. Sorry :(
    @darkstar42 oh no! Sorry about the bench, hopefully you feel better soon!
    @zamora_spin yeah that temp jump looks good! GL in TWW!
  • @zamora_spin like you said, your timing is still great! It's hard not to feel superstitious about "o-day" though. I chart on Kindara, because I started charting a year ago as birth control, and it's popular in the TTA crowd. The hearts mean BD, and it shows heart outlines for protected, and full hearts for unprotected. I've thought about switching to FF, but Kindara has a years worth of data already. 

@cards10 Thank you! yeah, I'm not sure what the watery cm placement is about - I never get it so I've never thought about it. 
  • @mileswithmyles YES to the fidget spinners! What an awful invention. I am all for them being banned in schools. They are not helpful for kids. Sorry about the headache and hope that the run helped some. 

@cards10 Oh fun. I remember you mentioning that before. Its sad that they would rather bow out than challenge themselves though. They will only regret it later in life. 

@jrm_14 Sorry to see you back. But I would have done the same thing, I am a little superstitious too! 

@paleoprincessWe took the dogs for a walk at a lake last night, one that also has a very small public swimming area as well. There was a woman there with her two kids and a couple friends. My dogs were off leash (but both extremely well behaved and not aggressive). I attempted to avoid the swimming area, but they were sitting very close to the path so my dog walked through them and dropped his ball. It was probably a 30 second interaction, but the language that she used in front of her own kids (and my SS who is 8yo) was extremely unnecessary. All I said to her that my dogs were very friendly and he just wanted his ball back. I went and grabbed his ball, threw it for him and we walked away. She carried on and then her son (probably 6yo) proceeded to tell me that I was very rude. Sigh. I just ignored it all, but you could tell that she was a little on the rough side and situations like that, especially in front of kids, rubs me the wrong way. 

@fishsticks-n-custard Make up sex?? It is never fun when you are at odds. Hope that you guys work it out quickly. 

@darkstar42 Oh that is really shitty. So sorry that you are feeling so awful. Take care of yourself though and feel better asap!

@zamora_spin RIGHT?! She was clearly just needing something to take her crappy day out on. But have to really worry about people who will allow a 30 second interaction ruin their day like that. It is here in Canada. Monday is Natal Day. IT issues drive me bonkers! GL is dealing with those. Yay for your family visit though. Where are they?

• @paleoprincess If Kindara works for you and has all that data I wouldn't switch, personally. I'm definitely being a bit superstitious about O. 
    @nitnat007 It's so alien to me when people don't like dogs - I want to pet all the dogs. My family lives up in New England, and I live down south. I was up there in June but it was a very short visit so I'm glad to go up for longer. 
    @charlestonchew Yes, usually for me it's right before my period, but yeah, biologically it seems like a weird time for a body to want to get it on!
  • @nitnat007 that's terrible! What a b. 
  • @nitnat007. Clearly she has passed on her negativity to her family members.  
    @charlestonchew.  Yes!!!  Especially after the initial heavy flow lets up a bit. 

@mileswithmyles.  **possible TW** My young nephew HATES them in the classroom.  He says they distract him and are just toys.**end possible TW**  It irritates me they clearly can interefere with other student's learning experience.  

• @lurvleybunchococonuts. I seriously lol'd at cats with hard. IT likely thinks I'm BSC due to many searches of 'kittens wearing mittens' and 'sloths in pajamas.'  
    @Stargazer1lily. Mosquitoes don't usually bite me.  However, of course they bit like crazy when we went to a Zika infested area.  

• @lurvleybunchococonuts lolling so hard at the cats with hats  :D
    @AliW220 whoa you passed out from back pain? Glad you figured out how to treat it!
    @Stargazer1lily I'll help you eat some tomatoes ;)
    @Steph5454 enjoy vaca!! I probably missed it, where are you?
    @JennyColada congrats on your dream job!!
  • @JennyColada Oh man! Dream job? That is awesome! I am so impressed that you made that happen!

• @zamora_spin I am with you. I also want to pet all the dogs. I can drive DH nutty because I will literally go out of my way to go and pet the all the dogs. Hope you can get confirmation on O and head on over to the TWW stat. 

@charlestonchew Yes. Totally has happened to me before. Odd timing, but what can you do?

@lurvelybunchofcoconuts Loving that cat in the lettuce hat. Ded!

@AliW220 I saw a girl wearing them a couple days ago. Granted it was in Walmart on a Sunday morning, but really?! Maybe it is because I am not 18 anymore? Sorry you are having a rough week. Really hope that you feel better soon. 

@fishstick-n-custard I don't get them either. It is even worse when they own a dog and act like that. Sad, but there are many of them out there. That really bites that you won't be able to hio tonight, but more so that you don't want to be around him right now. I hope that he realizes how petty the argument was soon and gives you a serious apology! *creepy internet hugs*

@Steph5454 Get it! Hope that its a successful jumping!!

@jennyColada WOOHOO!!! That is amazing!!! Huge congrats to you!

@Doxiemoxie212 Well done to YH! Sounds like he did good! And agree on the Zika front. I have not even put that on my radar, but I will not be able to visit my parents until that is resolved, or ttc is. Sigh.

• @doxiemoxie212 This got super long! The tl;dr is I have long been curious about acupuncture and while I don't know if it will help with my fertility, I am liking it so far.

I have been twice - the acupuncturist said to come every other week. The first time I was really tired afterwards but I also noticed a really big difference in how relaxed I was for about a week afterwards. When difficult emotions came up TW related to my loss, I was able to acknowledge them and let them go in a way I had not been able to do before end TW. That time I was on my stomach and he said he worked on things like kidney function because my "kidney pulse" was weak. I went to my second appointment this past Monday and this time I lay on my back and I'm not exactly sure what he was pinpointing (there were needles in my head, on, foot, one hand, in my abdomen, and in my legs) but I did tell him where I was in my cycle, ie, about to ovulate. I felt some relaxation but it was not as extreme of a difference as the first time, I would assume because of the different pressure points this time around.

It will be hard to pinpoint (other than general feelings of well being and relaxation) whether the acupuncture is doing anything for my fertility. There have been studies that show that, for example, the use of acupuncture makes a big difference in IVF success rates (famously there is a German study that showed that about 42% of the acupuncture group got ku, whereas only 26% of the control got ku), and then I believe there are also studies that have shown there isn't much difference at all. I have read that acupuncture can help women who have issues with their cycle - like an-O, short or irregular periods, etc., so for women who try acupuncture to try to correct an observable issue it will be easier to observe whether there is any change. In my case my cycle appears regular so if I do get ku with a sticky bean I will never know if the acupuncture helped at all. 

• @zamora_spin yeah, I'd be in the same boat. I'm actually curious about it for DH - his job is so stressful, and he doesn't handle stress well at all. I think I would have to go too to be able to get him to go, but I figure it probably can't do any harm to try it, and I think our insurance covers some providers. Hmmmm
  • @doxiemoxie212 I have been thinking about having MH try going as well because like YH, he gets very stressed. If your insurance covers some or all of it that is awesome. My provider doesn't cover it at all - but according to the guidelines in my HSA, my HSA can be used to pay for acupuncture if it is for medical reasons. Now, should I have a doctor's note? Mmm... the guidelines on my HSA's website don't state that and list it under "qualified expense" so I'm just using my HSA to pay for it. I also bought a bundle of sessions this last time (6 for the price of 5). 
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bd, opt, btt

R/R: Rave: It's DH birthday today!! I can't wait to go out to dinner with and give him his birthday present! I got him a new Green Bay Packers jersey. I think he'll be uber surprised.

CS/Q: Does anyone else have this happen, every other day I have been seeing EWCM since I got a good pos OPT, but then the next day on CM at all. Maybe this is something normal. Took another OPT this morning which as negative, but going to test again after work.

GTKYWhat is something you wished would cease to exist? Mosquitos!!! I'd also have to hop on the student loans train. We'll be pay off ours for what feels like forever!!
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • @cards10 - Yes it was horrible. I completely blacked out.  I bent over to pick up a laundry basket, it locked up, I cussed, and then I woke up on the floor all cold and sweaty. Great times. 
    Best part? I didn't have any pants on. I was trying to find them in the laundry basket. LOL. 
    Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• dukestar5dukestar5 member
    edited August 2017
    Mobile bumping, so love titing and will try to come back to comment more tonight. <3

@darkstar42. No!! I'm so sorry about your back and that you are still in a lot of pain.  Rest up!

month/cycle:  4/4

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: charting, temping, Pom juice & green tea 

R/R:  it's soooo hot!  I can't wait for fall.  

CS/Q:  I haven't noticed a big impact on CM from drinking green tea.  I am only having one cup a day, so maybe I need to up my intake. Anyone else?

GTKY: also on team mosquito...and bad drivers!

eta because words