January 2018 Moms

STM+ Check-in 8/2

How far along are you? Team?

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?

Do you have any worries with this pregnancy/new baby that you didn't have as a FTM?

Sum up your parenting style in 3 words:

GTKY: What fictional character from your childhood is most like you?

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

Re: STM+ Check-in 8/2

• Loading the player...
  • @missblaze I had a dizzy spell today for the first time this pregnancy. It was not fun. Also, yes on the ignorance is bliss thing. I'm not worried about the kid part though. Now that I know I'm having a repeat c-section I'm kinda dreading the pain that comes with it, and also during it. I do this with needles, like, I know it's not going to hurt but the idea of doing that makes me anxious. So with this, I know I'll be numb, hopefully fully numb unlike last time, but it does still freak me out knowing that this is how it will happen. I sound like a loon.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @supercoolstephy Not a loon at all :)

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• How far along are you? Team?

16 + 2, team finding out soon

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?

still experiencing an occasional migraine. Having so much insomnia! The headaches are on par with last time. I don't recall having such bad insomnia this early with DD. 

Do you have any worries with this pregnancy/new baby that you didn't have as a FTM?

still waiting for my second trimester screening and AS to feel completely confident about this pregnancy. As previously mentioned I was blissfully ignorant the first time around.

Sum up your parenting style in 3 words:

this is a hard question, DD is only 13 months so I know there is so much more to come and I'll adjust and change then

Relaxed, consistent, scheduled

GTKY: What fictional character from your childhood is most like you?

I'm gonna have to go with Lizzy Mcguire. Mostly in the sense of fashion. I definitely rocked many colors and butterfly hair clips

• How far along are you? Team? 18 weeks today and team BLUE!

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Really tired and random vomiting. First tri was a LITTLE harder than my first pregnancy, but overall so far the two are about the same (Although I showed WAY earlier this time).

Do you have any worries with this pregnancy/new baby that you didn't have as a FTM? I’m a bit worried about pumping enough since I’ll be working when this LO is 12 weeks and it wasn’t until 9 months with DD. I also am worried I’ll never sleep, ha! Mostly though I am worried DD will not feel as important etc. Sometimes I worry about life with two when DH travels etc, but those worries are so less significant to me than when I think about DD and DS bonding.

Sum up your parenting style in 3 words: Engaged, hands-on, and evolving

GTKY: What fictional character from your childhood is most like you? Fern Arable 

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• How far along are you? Team? 16w6d; team pink!! 

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Things have pretty much been the same, aside from the nausea lasting a little longer this time. And about a week ago I had an aura/vision loss and migraine which I've never experienced before so that was interesting! Hoping it doesn't happen again. 

Do you have any worries with this pregnancy/new baby that you didn't have as a FTM? Absolutely, knowing more stinks! Definitely feel like I was so naive the first time around and didn't realize exactly how much can happen in pregnancy/L&D.  Now I know more than I would like to and have friends who have gone through and are going through some of these things so I feel so anxious and nervous. I think I'll be able to worry a little less after the AS should everything check out okay. Hoping and praying they do! 

Also, I know DS is going to be great with a baby sister. He's so obsessed with babies and I don't think he has a jealous bone in his body which is so amazing to see in a 22 month old.  That said, he is super independent and curious and adventurous and energetic and determined! I just worry about how I will ever keep up?!?! I'm sure we'll figure it out as we go, but I still worry! 

Sum up your parenting style in 3 words: present, loving, goofy 

GTKY: What fictional character from your childhood is most like you? Topanga Lawrence!

• @burnsmommy27 Lizzie McGuire!! I loved that show.
  • How far along are you? Team? 18+1, and we don't know yet and it's killing me! Baby keeps blocking with legs or butt. Anatomy scan is on August 13th, so we'll hopefully be able to tell then. 

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? I'm feeling SO much better. Right now I'm just dealing with a bunch of acid reflux and exhaustion. My sickness, exhaustiona, and acid are all much stronger this second time around unfortunately. 

Do you have any worries with this pregnancy/new baby that you didn't have as a FTM? This time around I have hypothyroidism, and though it's well managed, my anxiety and worries that something will be wrong are stronger this time. 

Sum up your parenting style in 3 words: nurturing, patient, flexible

GTKY: What fictional character from your childhood is most like you? hmmm, I really don't know. Who liked to read a lot? Belle I guess. I loved books and didn't really fit in much in elementary school. 

• @crizz13. I'm an elementary school teacher too! I've been teaching first grade for the last 8 years. What grade do you teach? I'm already so exhausted from setting up my classroom and I'm so worried about how tired I'll be once the kids actually come, haha. 
  • @hmlynch84 +1 for the hypothyroidism this time. They found it 4 months after DS was born. 
  • @hmlynch84 upper elementary - 5th grade! I'm not able to get in to my classroom for another couple of weeks since they're having summer school in my room and it's causing me so much anxiety! With DD, she was born in November, so I only had to make it a couple of months...I'm nervous about keeping up my energy until January this time around! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jakobaby Sorry you have it too! Mine went undiagnosed until DS was about 9 months old when I went to urgent care for an ear infection and the doctor was like "your thyroid looks a little enlarged, you might want to see your doctor about that." Ugh.  
  • @hmlynch84 what a weird way to find out! mine was hyper at first. I was losing weight really fast and then I passed out at work one day. Stupid me thought I was just exhausted since I had just gone back from leave.