Trying to Get Pregnant

Game of Thrones // S7E3 // *spoilers*

Favorite moment? 

Least favorite moment? 

Who won the week?

Who lost the week? 

Did any of your predictions come true this week?

Any predictions? 

Any questions?

Re: Game of Thrones // S7E3 // *spoilers*

• Loading the player...
  • Favorite moment? What a great episode! Lots of great moments. Olenna confessing killing Joffrey was definitely my favorite.  

Least favorite moment? Ban arriving back at Winterfell. It was not the reunion I was expecting at all. He was rather unresponsive to the how thing. 

Who won the week? Olenna, even though she dies. But "standing ovation" to you my lady! 

Who lost the week?  Ellaria for sure. 

Did any of your predictions come true this week? Cersei making Ellaria watch her daughter die. That is some sadistic shit right there! 

Any predictions? Jon is going to get a close introduction to those dragons soon. 

Any questions? Nope. But I do have to agree with @doxiemoxie212 How are they getting played so bad? They keep stewing around that table and plotting until they are blue in the face, but Cersei is playing them big time. 
  • Favorite moment? SkilledSailor Agreed with Olenna killing Joffrey!  I was like, woah, different than the book. Nice surprise! Love it!

Least favorite moment? Agreed with PP. Bran is way too blah for me. One of my least favorite characters. And now him trying to be all-knowing and cryptic on top of being angsty and emo is just urgh!
    doxiemoxie212 Agreed with how he explained what the 3-eyed raven was! I mean, did he seriously say about how beautiful she looked in her dress on her wedding day… you know, her wedding to the most vile character on GoT who raped and abused her? WTF is wrong with Bran?

Who won the week? Unfortunately I think Cersei is ahead by a lot right now.

Who lost the week? Ellaria Sand and her children are definitely losing.

Any predictions? Agreed with Jon interacting with dragons! I want to see this! I also want Bran to stop being an *ss and tell John who he is. I mean, send an owl or something you twat!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• I am starting to really worry about these final seasons. Although GoT has sometimes moved at a glacial seeming pace, this fast pace is not really working for me. The stakes feel incredibly low right now on all fronts because they don't spend any time setting up the confrontations. 

Favorite moment? Olenna taking credit for her work. 

Least favorite moment? The slap dash way they put together two invasions - harkening back to the way they used to do battles in the early seasons when their budget was smaller (ie, not really do them). Don't get me wrong, I don't always love seeing the battles, but it seems really lazy how they've been doing it. I know the Unsullied invasion was kind of supposed to be somewhat of a trick but I do think they could have built the drama a bit more. Jaime marching on highgarden was even worse - oh, here's this very small looking army coming across a big open field towards a fort, boom, it's over. I know Olenna had lost some leige lords but that seemed really unlikely. I guess, devil's advocate, we don't care about the Tyrell's much anymore (except Olenna). 

Who won the week? Cersei

Who lost the week? Dany and Tyrion. They came into this season running up the scoreboard and now they are on more or less equal footing to Cersei - who has deus ex machina solved her financial and resource problems. by taking over Highgarden. 

Did any of your predictions come true this week? I mean, me and everyone else knew that Jon and Dany would meet, and also that Sam would cure Jorah. 

Any predictions? I mean, at some point Jon will interact with a dragon and also Dany will realize she actually really needs his help. Jorah will be a bridge between them. I agree with @doxiemoxie212 that Jon won't learn his parentage until he heads back to Winterfell because Bran seems real loopy right now. 

Any questions? What is Cersei going to do with Yara? 
  • @doxiemoxie212 I was willing to forgive ep 2 but with ep 3 I am worrying it is a trend. I agree also about the fan service - yes, as a fan, I do want to see certain things, but don't sacrifice the whole show over it. I think Bran was trying to avoid the thing Jon is going through - trying to make people believe something that sounds impossible. But I agree he could have done it a little less heavy handed. I have been wondering also about why Jon is so secretive about his resurrection. For one thing he is not a showboat - that is an area where he has Dany beat. But I also wonder if, like Beric Dondarrian, he feels he also lost a part of himself in the experience. Idk. 

Also - I have been re-watching old seasons and I remain so curious about Arya's fate. Way back in the day, Jaqen H'ghar and Arya met because he was a prisoner being sent to the North in a cart with bars. Now that we know a lot more about the faceless men it seems impossible to me that Jaqen H'ghar would get caught by anyone or be somewhere he didn't want to be. Come on, he could have figured his way out of that cart at any time. So it seems to me intentional that he met her. Just interesting stuff. 
  • @zamora_spin the books make a fairly good case in many ways for Varys being a faceless man. That combined with her water dancer instructor being from bravos, I completely agree arya could be part of someone's larger plan.  Was it here on TB that we talked about white walkers vs fire walkers? I read something about that somewhere at least and it was about how perhaps Jon and Beric aren't so different from white walkers.... or at least whites like cold hands/benjen. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 That would make sense about Varys - easy to be a spy master if you are a faceless man. I agree that I have long thought Arya's dance instructor was a faceless man. I do think maybe Jon and Beric (and Benjen) are like a lesser grade of Wight - not dead but not as alive as they were before. 
  • SkilledSailorSkilledSailor member
    edited August 2017
    Have y'all seen the GOT rhapsody? 

Edited to add that it's probably NSFW, because you know...GoT

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2aWwZl8MLQA 

No spoilers in it. Just fun.
  • Favorite moment?  oh...I was really hoping that Olenna would tell Jamie the truth about killing Joff. Then she drained her glass and did just that. Diana Rigg is just so great in that role. I also thoroughly enjoyed Tyrion telling Jon that Jon looked better brooding.

Least favorite moment?  I will admit that, initially, i was excited about the Bran/Sansa reunion, but seriously what happened to Bran's affect? He came back south of the wall and lost all ability to express emotion or relate to people. I know he is changed, but still not cool. (Bran was like, yeah I wish Jon was here too, I need to talk to him. What is going to say oh, by the way you're not my brother you're my cousin)

Who won the week? ugh, again I would say Cersi. She got a lot of what she wanted. 

Who lost the week?  Dany. yet another defeat. For real who is in charge of her intel. 

Did any of your predictions come true this week?

Any predictions?  hmmm, maybe that Sam and Jorah will be the ones that help bring Jon and Dany together. I was really waiting for Sam to tell Jorah, oh, btw that Dragon queen you mentioned, yeah she's here now...
    also, I'm assuming that Sam will discover some important information while doing his scroll transcription. As y'all have mentioned some of the writing has been heavy handed. 
    I noticed that the Littlefinger dagger was featured in the previews for next week...not really a prediction just something I'm interested in seeing. 

Any questions?
    Where is Howland Reed? When will Jon ride a dragon? When will we hear Sansa say the "lone wolf" line from the trailer?

@zamora_spin my DH and I talked about how everyone apparently has speed boats now. I understand that they want to "get to the good stuff" but seriously Euron has been all over the continent. As for Highgarden, they showed Randall Tarly with Jamie, so some of the Tyrell liege lords were fighting against, not for House Tyrell. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @doxiemoxie212 re: Jon not sharing about dying...He's here to tell them they need to fight an army of the dead and in some sense he is the dead, maybe it is shame? Though I think he need to start sharing because shouldn't someone be like, wait, you were Lord Commander of the Night's Watch and now you're King in the North, so if you "deserted" shouldn't you have your head removed?

Also, does anyone else see a twinkle of madness in Dany's eye?

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• Sorry late to this party, but I am finally up to date with GOT after being over a season behind.

Favorite moment? I like when Jon and Tyrion were up on the cliff brooding. Just thought it was a nice show of their character.

Least favorite moment? Bron...all of it. 

Who won the week? Cersi

Who lost the week? Olenna, but in such an epic way. Also I agree, how is Dany getting attacked so much. 

Did any of your predictions come true this week? That Jon and Dany would meet. 

Any predictions? So I know this season is going to be a bit longer and have a mid-season break. So I think the season is going to play out that Jon and Dany get to know each other and see they are after a common goal and care about the people. Maybe even start to have feelings for each other, that could be a good twist. It is going to be a while before Jon knows who he is. Everything before the mid-season is going to be about the battle for the Iron Throne. Then I think the second half will be the fight against the Night King. I also think there will be a meeting between Cersi and the Night King, at least I would love for there to be. 

Any questions?
    BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
    BFP #2 7/1/14  |  DS born March 2015
    BFP#3 5/22/17 | MC 6/17/17 at 7w3d
  • @Avrilmai exactly! Like, no one cares he deserted the Night's Watch? I get that maybe Dany is less familiar with the tradition there, but Tyrion certainly is not. Also, I've heard the theory that Sam is ultimately the author of A Song of Ice and Fire, and that perhaps his transcribing the scrolls is the first start to that. It's interesting because I watched a youtube video today breaking down the "next episode on" promo, and apparently Sansa starts reading Maester Leuwin's scrolls? He kept records of every raven than came/went to/from Winterfell, so perhaps that's how Sansa finds out about Littlefinger's correspondences with Ramsey? Interesting concept. I sort of like/sort of hate the idea that ultimately this whole story might be "written" based on mail correspondence, I guess. lol

@labgrand2012 noooo they're doing a midseason break? That will be torture. I just keep asking myself if we get to the final battle with the Night King in this season, wtf is season 8 then? Like, some Bilbo getting on a boat to never land BS? 
  • @Avrilmai On Dany - yes. I am sad to say I do see some crazy eye from her this season. She has always been really stubborn but that was kind of cute when all she had was a name. Now her attitude is very entitled and I keep thinking... wait, I thought you were going to break the wheel? Seems like you just want to put the wheel back in place. It is so interesting to juxtapose Jon and Dany - Jon has every intention of dying for his cause/his people. Dany seems to think that she will rule forever and is invincible. She has become somewhat less human in her quest to seem like a queen. She was willing to go along with (what seems like) Tyrion's plan of not burning everything and everyone down, but when she's dealt the blow regarding Casterly Rock and Highgarden, I just wonder if she's going to go full meltdown, literally. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 so my source was wrong... no mid-season break. I think they mixed up that we are only in season 7, as they thought this was the last season. 
    BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
    BFP #2 7/1/14  |  DS born March 2015
    BFP#3 5/22/17 | MC 6/17/17 at 7w3d
  • @labgrand2012 I also was coming into this season thinking it was the last one - I heard that somewhere too, that it would be one season split up, but idk where that came from.
    This season is only 7 episodes. Guys, we only have FOUR EPISODES left this season WTF!
  • @zamora_spin I knowwwww and it just feels like time needs to speed up and slow down. Like I want to know the ending (!!!) but I don't want to get there too fast (!!!) because I don't want it to be over (!!!)
  • Favorite moment? Probably when Dany and Jon met. She's got like a million titles and Davos is like ".... This is Jon. Jon Snow." 

Least favorite moment? Bran. For sure. He's so weird now. Like, I get it. The three eyed raven is creepy - the last guy was creepy too. But... has he lost ALL his humanity that quick? Wouldn't he have some compassion for his sister left? Just a touch? Boy needs some social skills. 

Who won the week? Cersei. I'm also gonna say Jorah - cuz not having greyscale anymore sounds like a pretty good thing.

Who lost the week? Olenna - and Tyrion. TBH, I think he's a terrible hand of the queen. He's a great master mind and diplomatic manipulator, but the guy can't invade or lead an army or plan attacks. That's not what he does. Dany needs a Jamie. I hope Jorah steps up to the plate.  

Did any of your predictions come true this week? Dany and Jon met .

Any predictions? I really hope somehow Sam goes with Jorah - it makes sense that they would both want to be with their people, and they're both at Dragonstone. I think Sam can lend some credence to Jon's story and hopefully persuade everyone to come on board.  

Any questions?  I couldn't put my finger on it, but I think you're right @zamora_spin  - the episodes feel different this season. I realize it's the penultimate season and all that, but the rhythm is just off for me somehow. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 lol. I totally read that in the voice that they do on binge mode. I've also said it to my DH when discussing something IRL. he didn't get it. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @Avrilmai yasssss I do that too (the voice) 
  • Just for fun, have y'all ever checked out the tumblr blog tl;dw? https://imgur.com/a/CrxVK#2qXsjk0

Always good for a laugh.