March 2018 Moms

In defense of August 16

One last post regarding the drama last night. I didn't comment on the thread myself but I am a member of the August 16 FB group.

Aug 16 (like a lot of bump months) grew really close over the course of their pregnancy journeys. The Bump was an amazing way to meet and support each other, but it is a public forum, which is why screen names are necessary and personal information is kept close. The problem with a public forum is that at some point you begin to feel like other members are close friends and you want to share more with them. Aug 16 did migrate to a private Facebook page, where we have opened up to one another even more, supported each other through successes and failures in parenting as well as everyday life--these are our sisters. Yes, some of our moms are again expecting and have been active in other birth months and they come to the group to say, "hey check out this thread." But not in a malicious way-in fact, it is very much in the same way that all the other birth month groups were saying, "check out the March 18 thread today!" Please know that any screenshots were of comments that are on a public forum-we did NOT discuss personal information. We hold our group very close to heart and certainly did not mean to disrespect any of you. This group of moms is going to be your source of information when you are up at 2am and need a laugh or to cry. They are going to be your go to with frustrations about families and jobs and having that personal relationship is an intimidating step, but one we do not regret.

A former member informed us she no longer wanted to be a part of our group and was only remaining a member to "keep an eye on us." We no longer felt safe with her having access to our personal information and felt it was best she move on.

Pease believe that we will defend each other like family.

Re: In defense of August 16

• I'm an Aug 16 mom. I would like to add that the FB that in question yesterday was discussing the TOPIC of the thread in March. The only comment that was mentioned was the OP for context. No screen names were mentioned. No one was mocked. Screen shots of that conversation were not posted. I would personally like to add that if anyone wants call my integrity into question, please get to know a little bit about me first. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm an Aug 16 mom. I would like to add that the FB that in question yesterday was discussing the TOPIC of the thread in March. The only comment that was mentioned was the OP for context. No screen names were mentioned. No one was mocked. Screen shots of that conversation were not posted. I would personally like to add that if anyone wants call my integrity into question, please get to know a little bit about me first. 
    How about admitting in a "never have I ever" thread that you go to other BMBs to stir the pot?  I'd say that's a matter of integrity.
    ***March '18 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fails***

• You guys just need to apologize and we all need to move on.  
    How about admitting in a "never have I ever" thread that you go to other BMBs to stir the pot?  I'd say that's a matter of integrity.
    Hi. This is my thread I started as fun in my current BMB. Seeing as how some in february have multiple children and have been in multiple BMBs, it's not a stretch to say that they have gone into other BMBs once to see drama. There was no insinuation that it was a current or ongoing thing. 

FTR, I'm not an Aug mom. 
    Hi. This is my thread I started as fun in my current BMB. Seeing as how some in february have multiple children and have been in multiple BMBs, it's not a stretch to say that they have gone into other BMBs once to see drama. There was no insinuation that it was a current or ongoing thing. 

FTR, I'm not an Aug mom. 
    To go in and see drama is very different from adding to it.  
  • Are you talking about me?
  • DDRRT1982 said:
    I'm an Aug 16 mom. I would like to add that the FB that in question yesterday was discussing the TOPIC of the thread in March. The only comment that was mentioned was the OP for context. No screen names were mentioned. No one was mocked. Screen shots of that conversation were not posted. I would personally like to add that if anyone wants call my integrity into question, please get to know a little bit about me first. 

FTR, I'm not an Aug mom. 
    To go in and see drama is very different from adding to it.  
    What are you doing now? You could have easily private messaged one of the admins to discuss why you were removed, instead you threatened personal information and then blasted it on a public forum. I think YOU need to apologize. 
  • I think you guys should be more concerned about a member who is still a March BMB mama and was participating in a private group with personal information for a year who decided threaten personal information on public forum. Not people commenting on other BMBs. If this is your main concern, you haven't been on the bump long enough or ever been in a private group. You ALL go to other boards and lurk. And that isn't a crime since this is a PUBLIC forum. What I personally will not tolerate is someone admitting she is holding onto personal information in a group to be used when she feels like it. Don't be fooled by what this poster who got booted out is saying. She isn't being truthful at all. 

Are you talking about @ddrrt1982? "I would never share private information and or do anything to retaliate.  To say you deleted me because you are afraid of what I would do with your information is ironic because I have never once engaged in the behavior you guys have. " Those are her exact words above. I haven't seen anywhere where she threatened to expose anyone's personal information.
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am going to pray to God that you are not at all suggesting that I threatened to use personal information.  If you are, you seriously have compromised moral compass.  I have had people come to me asking who you guys are and I wouldn't even give them your bump screenames. 
  • I think you guys should be more concerned about a member who is still a March BMB mama and was participating in a private group with personal information for a year who decided threaten personal information on public forum. Not people commenting on other BMBs. If this is your main concern, you haven't been on the bump long enough or ever been in a private group. You ALL go to other boards and lurk. And that isn't a crime since this is a PUBLIC forum. What I personally will not tolerate is someone admitting she is holding onto personal information in a group to be used when she feels like it. Don't be fooled by what this poster who got booted out is saying. She isn't being truthful at all. 

Are you talking about @ddrrt1982? "I would never share private information and or do anything to retaliate.  To say you deleted me because you are afraid of what I would do with your information is ironic because I have never once engaged in the behavior you guys have. " Those are her exact words above. I haven't seen anywhere where she threatened to expose anyone's personal information.
    She said it in our private group. That's when she was removed. 
  • Yes!  Let's see where I ever said that.  
  • Show me where I said I would share the screenshots or personal information.  I brought up that you guys are sharing screenshots and personal information, but never received that k would share them.  That is sick.
  • If we shared screen shots from our private group, that would be doing exactly what @DDRRT1982 threatened to do. Come in guys. Think about it. You are believing someone who was booted from a board over 60 women. I challenge you to go read our old board, our group was tame and still is. Now go read her history, most of her responses are shit stirring. If you guys want her in your fb group come d-day. I say good luck to you. 
  • antoto said:
    I've been on TB for a few years as well and have definitely gone into various BMBs to watch drama happen.  Because it's sometimes really hilarious/fascinating to watch.  That is fine.

But here's a rule I have held myself to and DO expect others to hold themselves to:

If you do not "go to" the BMB and have not been PERSONALLY called out then you have zero business commenting on drama.  It's unhelpful and just makes everything worse.

I don't care about back stories or Facebook accounts.  Just don't comment unless you are giving birth in March or we specifically say your name or group.

Okay?  Okay.
    Well, I just want to add to that and say, don't join his community and simultaneously bash its members elsewhere.  That's obviously not against any rules, but that doesn't make it any less sucky.  If you're doing that, and I suspect there is someone doing that, though I haven't quite figured out who, that's really sucky, and you will forever have my side-eye.

• meatballs37meatballs37 member
    edited August 2017
    I absolutely go to other boards to watch drama unfold. I don't particularly enjoy the thought of being made fun of in a Facebook group but I recognize that it happens. I did want to know who those people were, mainly for my post it lost. But I see there are some behind the scenes personal dynamics at play here that really have nothing to do with us. So I'm back to not really caring either way.
    Thank you. I just don't want there to be a witch hunt to these August mamas who are now March mamas because one person took a turd in the pool. It's unfair especially since it all went down privately and she decided to take it public.
  • It is comforting to know that DDRRT is not going to share any personal information and I sincerely appreciate that. 
  • kmalls said:
    meatball37 said:

Thank you. I just don't want there to be a witch hunt to these August mamas who are now March mamas because one person took a turd in the pool. It's unfair especially since it all went down privately and she decided to take it public.
    Ermmm...call me crazy, but I don't think @heatherdubrow was defending you in the least. No need to thank her OR call @DDRRT1982 a turd. 
    Calling someone a turd vs saying some took a turd in the pool = two different things. 
  • I want to add because it has been mentioned several times now. I don't believe any member of this BMB was bashed or made fun of in any way.  That's really not what is going on here, and I think that is where a lot of frustration lies when it comes to the Aug moms. It has been an unfair portrayal.
  • kmalls said:
    I absolutely go to other boards to watch drama unfold. I don't particularly enjoy the thought of being made fun of in a Facebook group but I recognize that it happens. I did want to know who those people were, mainly for my post it lost. But I see there are some behind the scenes personal dynamics at play here that really have nothing to do with us. So I'm back to not really caring either way.
    Ermmm...call me crazy, but I don't think @heatherdubrow was defending you in the least. No need to thank her OR call @DDRRT1982 a turd. 
    Crazy thought. She at least recognizes there is more than you are seeing on the surface. I sincerely hope when you guys go to your private fb groups you don't have someone like this in your group. I don't think it is something you can understand if you don't have the full picture. 
  • kmalls said:
    meatball37 said:

Calling someone a turd vs saying some took a turd in the pool = two different things. 

• kmalls said:
    Crazy thought. She at least recognizes there is more than you are seeing on the surface. I sincerely hope when you guys go to your private fb groups you don't have someone like this in your group. I don't think it is something you can understand if you don't have the full picture. 

I want to add because it has been mentioned several times now. I don't believe any member of this BMB was bashed or made fun of in any way.  That's really not what is going on here, and I think that is where a lot of frustration lies when it comes to the Aug moms. It has been an unfair portrayal.
    Being misconstrued or misunderstood or whatever is a risk you take when you seek out drama.

• kmalls said:
    kmalls said:
    meatball37 said:

I think you missed the point.
    Picture our FB group as a pool. Someone got kicked out of our pool. So they went to another pool, the one you and I share, and they put a turd in it. Now that's made it really difficult for you and I to share this pool. 

Because of the turd.
  • kmalls said:
    kmalls said:
    meatball37 said:

I think you missed the point.
    Picture our FB group as a pool. Someone got kicked out of our pool. So they went to another pool, the one you and I share, and they put a turd in it. Now that's made it really difficult for you and I to share this pool. 

Because of the turd.
    Um.  We don't share a pool.  You are in the February pool.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"